[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The United States has built a wall along its southern border

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: EscapeFromLA.jpg (90KB, 508x755px) Image search: [Google]
EscapeFromLA.jpg
90KB, 508x755px
>The United States has built a wall along its southern border to keep undesirables out.
>Muslims are banned.
>The president is basically a more religious version of Donald Trump.
>This movie came out in 1996.

John Carpenter owns a time machine.
>>
John Carpenter is probably the best example of a filmmaker whose pretty well-known but doesn't get the credit he deserves. He's easily one of the best.
>>
>>79301652
Shut down the third world you win they lose. Shutdown America they win you lose. The more things change the more they stay the same.
>>
Was it an Emmerich disaster movie where Americans are fleeing across the Canadian Border for safety? Because that's happening now too.
>>
>>79301774

All his movie get acclaim 20 years after they come out, I'd be bitter too honestly.

That said even the old coot has his good points, at some point his lawyers came to him and said they should file a suit against Hideo Kojima but Carpenter waved them off since Kojima has always been open and up front that Solid Snake was very much based on Plissken.

On the reverse side, when he found out about Luc Besson's Lockout involving a government agent being sent to rescue the president's daughter from a prison colony he sprang into action and won the lawsuit
>>
>>79301797
In The Day After Tomorrow they're fleeing across the Mexican border, and I think the President is kill somewhere along the way

They had a pretty good reason to move south though
>>
>>79301652
John was sharing his vision of the perfect society. Trump did nothing wrong.
>>
>>79301652
Best fucking ending of all time. Too bad the middle is such a fucking slog. Carpenter is always worth watching though. Even his worst like Ghosts of Mars and The Ward are more interesting than most movies.
>>
Is it better than New York? Because that one was kinda meh.
>>
>>79302707
LA is basically a parody of New York.
>>
>>79302707
You should watch it again. A lot of people don't dig NY first time cause their expectations are all wrong. Watch it again and try to just relax and enjoy the ride. Top tier comfy kino.
>>
>>79301797
Only in your gay, millennial, gender-fluid, cuck mind.
>>
>>79302809
Maybe I should.

I guess I was expecting a more ridiculous 80s action type thing but it was more slow paced and serious(well, kinda) as I remember.
>>
File: they live.png (45KB, 736x331px) Image search: [Google]
they live.png
45KB, 736x331px
>John Carpenter owns a time machine.

He knows
>>
>>79303172
That is the general experience yeah.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.