[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BvS could have been very easily improved by removing the Africa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1addgW3.jpg (185KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1addgW3.jpg
185KB, 1080x1080px
BvS could have been very easily improved by removing the Africa sequence, Superman's hearings and the woman senator character. A lot of the movie's duller points would be gone, the plot would be less muddled, and Batman's motivation to hate Superman wouldn't be much effected, he already had his building destroyed by him.
>>
No, the opposite, it would have been improved by showing more of those scenes, providing context, as in the Ultimate Edition.
>>
I had forgotten about it until this moment... that scene from your OP picture, what the fuck was up with that? Who was that character? I didn't get the... uhmm... symbolism in it?

I've never been a Batman fan, I thought BvS was alright, but I had no clue what was going on in that scene, I just assumed Bruce Wayne was crazy and having hallucinations of some made up character.
>>
>>79300195
>oh no Superman destroy a building better kill him.

That would be a stupid plot.
>>
>>79300243
It was the Flash.
>>
>>79300195
affected*
Why is this word so hard to spell all of a sudden?
>>
>>79300195
>the Africa sequence
That's the most interesting part of the entire film, you mongoloid.

Remove the shit fucking 45 minute long Doomsday shit that's lifted straight out of a Marvel movie and all of the Justice League fan service shit and you're golden.
>>
File: 1445265715637.webm (529KB, 804x876px) Image search: [Google]
1445265715637.webm
529KB, 804x876px
BvS doesn't work because it is a MoS sequel without any background story of context for Batman, Wonderwoman or the Flash

Just imagine watching Civil War without having seen any of the previous Marvel movies with the exception of The First Avenger. BvS is stupid only in the sense that none of the character actions make any sense because we have no idea who the fuck they are as Snyder thinks that most people who watch these things are hardcore comic book fans and will understand all the character motivations walking into the theater
>>
Only real complaint is Superman should not have died yet, it's too early, and now that he's back, what are the stakes? He was already dead. He could have taken Doomsday to the cold void of space like in the comics, and chained him to a comet or something (obviously for him to return stronger in a couple films) or "killed him" also to have him return and eventually possibly kill Supes
>>
>Make lex Luthor not autistic.
>Make him put them two against each other for some other purpose other than Muh gods.
>Give superman more lines and motivation in the film.
>>
>>79300325
I thought the Nolan trilogy was Batman's backstory?
>>
>>79300223

No those scenes were terrible. It needed to focus on you know batman and superman.
>>
>>79300325
You're the absolute worst.
>>
>>79300325
>context

This is autistic. They are archetypes that have been in popular culture since your great grandparents were around. Everyone knows Batman, no not "this" one, but who cares- we know enough to keep it interesting and a bit mysterious. The flash goes fast, Wonder Woman is a mysterious Amazonian princess. That's fine. They have solo films anyway.
>>
>>79300361

No it isn't which is what confused people who last saw Christian Bale's "I have one rule" take on Batman
>>
>>79300401
It didn't confuse me at all. And when a character has "one rule" you know he'll have to challenge it and maybe break it eventually.
Who did Batman kill in this movie? Or try to kill, besides Superman? (I really don't remember if he killed people in BvS or what).
>>
>>79300397

Only an autist like yourself would think that the majority of people know who these characters are other than them being referenced in the Big Bang Theory. Sure the Flash goes fast but unless they watch the TV show, no one understands what the Speedforce is. Batman is know more for his movies than his comic book JLA personality and WW is mostly seen as a "female Superman"
>>
>>79300373
Africa scenes were good. Showed Lois as a ballsy reporter, and Superman's bond with her. He will always try to be there to save her, and how, taking out Commandant was a sick little action scene. Snyder nails Superman's powers as no director has, it's gorgeous.

And the political stuff is very apt, as this universe is sort of ours in that it's dark and cynical, this is not Superman in the 1950s Golden age, the world is wary of him, he's divisive, politicians could collude to get rid of him, etc.
>>
>>79300481
>calls another person an autist
>is literally a superhero autistic fan that knows what Speedforce is
>>
>>79300481
>Only an autist like yourself would think that the majority of people know who these characters are

Dude come on. Most people were kids and some have kids. These characters are pretty pervasive, even generationally. The need for drawn out origin stories is a bore at this point.
>>
File: 1445999468948.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1445999468948.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>79300513

I watch the CW show where barry fights telepathic gorillas and sharkpeople, Most people associate the flash with the phrase BAZINGA
>>
>>79300542

The pervasive characters these days is Soap McTavish and Master Chief. Print has been dying for decades now
>>
>>79300223

>we need a 4 hour cut of a 3 hour mess

Hi Snyder
>>
File: grampa flash.jpg (81KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
grampa flash.jpg
81KB, 640x640px
>>79300659
There was a live action Flash tv show in the 90s and one now. He's been in numerous video games, and a number of cartoons, and licensed on thousands of items. I guess i'll agree to disagree, just saying I liked how they eschewed w/ the drawn out introductions and origin stories and sort of dropped you into this world.
>>
>>79300457
Maybe someone shooting at him during Batmobile chase. The issue is overblown.
>>
>>79300877

>live action Flash tv show in the 90s

That no one watched

>one now

Presents a big problem for WB considering that the grimdark Snyderverse is now competing with a very popular lighthearted and campy version of the same character

>He's been in numerous video games

Where is just runs fast

>a number of cartoons

That only hardcore DC fans watch

>licensed on thousands of items.

That are just toys with no backstory to them

I'm not saying that the Flash is an unknown character, but if you compare him to Captain America or Ironman, no one really knows anything about him, a fact made worse because he is portrayed by three different people (in the TV show all 3 at the same time)
>>
>>79301020
A bunch of these guys definitely died. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgkQS7q6sT0
>>
>>79301105
Everyone watched the Timm Justice League cartoons you manchild. That's why everyone wants a black Green Lantern. More people know who John Stewart is than Hal Jordan
>>
>>79300195
You're an idiot.
>>
Those scenes were great though. Stick to Marvel like this faggot >>79300325
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.