[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of that planned monster/kaiju movie franchise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 12

File: king-kong-vs-godzilla-new.jpg (329KB, 1920x1081px) Image search: [Google]
king-kong-vs-godzilla-new.jpg
329KB, 1920x1081px
What do you think of that planned monster/kaiju movie franchise with Godzilla, its sequel, Kong, and their crossover?
>>
How can Kong stand up against Godzilla's atomic breath? Throwing shit at him?
>>
>>79296975

Gorillas don't throw shit, that's pretty speciest of you, bro
>>
It's a not shitty idea bred by every studio trying to copy Marvel. We don't need Godzilla vs King Kong. We don't need a giant monster that can vomit atomic energy vs a big gorilla.

Just like we don't need that piece of shit that Universal is doing with their monsters.
>>
>>79296975
Maybe by NOT getting in the way of the atomic breath?

BUT HOW WOULD AN APE DO THAT...HMMMM...HE'D HAVE TO BE PRETTY AGILE OR SOME SHIT
>>
>>79297020
>Godzilla vs King Kong
My six year old self disagrees with you, it was my favorite Godzilla movie.
>>
>>79296917
I find it hilarious that they think kong standing a chance against zilla is plausible.

Even if they make him bigger like in the new movie he'll still get beaten to shit.
>>
I think it will make tons of money but will be one of the worst movies ever made.
>>
>>79297066
>zilla
Thankfully, The Legendary Godzilla is not Zilla.
>>
>>79296975

It's the only thing Godzilla had the edge on him

There were evenly matched in strength and when Kong got his lightning powers he managed to go toe to toe with big G instead of pulling monkey tricks
>>
>>79297020
godzilla vs kong was already made in the 60's, tardo
>>
>>79297118
Agreed. Pretty awesome that Legendary's Godzilla was embraced by Toho
>>
>>79297066

He's quicker than Godzilla and more crafty

Seriously has anyone even watched the original moviee
>>
>>79297020
even without Marvel and movie franchises a remake of King Kong v Godzilla would have happened. don't be silly.
>>
File: monarch.jpg (1MB, 1906x1914px) Image search: [Google]
monarch.jpg
1MB, 1906x1914px
>>79297020
Well too bad. It's happening
DEAL WITH IT
>>
>>79297145

The original was a satirical piece of shit and the only redeeming thing from it was KingGoji, this new one from Legendary is gonna be the same brown and dark serious capeshit as 2014.
>>
I'm waiting for Gamera to join
>>
File: kangkones.jpg (527KB, 1050x1050px) Image search: [Google]
kangkones.jpg
527KB, 1050x1050px
>>79296917
surprised they give Kong work anymore after ghostbusters
>>
Isn't Godzilla 400 feet tall and King Kong was like thirty feet tall?
>>
>>79297408
Apparently they're making King Kong much bigger, just like the original Kong vs Godzilla film
>>
Theres multiple kongs
>>
>>79297408
Kong's bigger in the new one, but Godzilla still towers over him.

Then again, the Kong in the new one is supposed to be a very young Kong and since Godzilla takes place in our era, maybe he grows a few inches.
>>
>>79297408
This looks pretty big
>>
>>79297020
Universal AND Toho both had cinematic universes long before Marvel.
>>
So far it's:
>Godzilla (Godzilla, MUTOs)
>Kong: Skull Island (Kong, Skullcrawlers [Godzilla descendents], misc. giant fauna)
>Godzilla 2 (Mothra hinted at by director, Ghidorah and Rodan hinted at SDCC outside of their copyrights being obtained)
>Godzilla vs King Kong (Thomas Tull said they'd fight together against a common foe, whatever kaiju that may be)
What the fuck can they even do next? Just more Godzilla and Kong movies? I can't see a Mothra solo movie selling well unless they do a really good job portraying her in G2. I'm sure a Destroy All Monsters remake will happen someday at least, but they don't have enough kaiju yet.

Will Legendary get other monsters like Gamera or characters like Ultraman?
>>
>>79297799
>What the fuck can they even do next?
Come on dude. The sky's the fucking limit with these monsters.

Have you been paying attention the last 50 years?
>>
>>79297874
Japan's interest in kaiju the past 50 years and America's interest in kaiju the past 50 years are completely different. Japan was down for a trilogy of Mothra movies and all the kaiju spinoffs, but they just wouldn't sell here.

Don't get me wrong, I can see Godzilla sequels going for awhile in this universe; but if they're trying to compete with Marvel/DC cinematic universes, they NEED that variety.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 240x180px
>>79297013
btfo
>>
>>79297799
Rodan Movie. If they got the rights then Gamera which would finally lead to Godzilla vs Gamera
>>
Kong will be 200 feet compared to Godzillas 300

It will be an even match
>>
>>79297020
>Look! We got a badass over here.
Universal and Toho had their cinematic universe long before Marvel popularized it in the current market. Reinventing something is a crime now? Get off your high horse and feel the effects of what made Marvel huge.
>>
>>79297398
That joke's been beaten to death
>>
King Kong was in Japan before Godzilla only true Kaiju fans know what i'm talking about it.
>>
>>79298458
no proof beside that one picture
>>
>>79298474

Except for the people who literally made it
>>
File: 1486669670755.jpg (140KB, 798x939px) Image search: [Google]
1486669670755.jpg
140KB, 798x939px
How was Legendary so fucking stupid to not make Pacific Rim take place in the same world as this new '''Monsterverse''' they're trying to build? Now Pacific Rim is like the odd one out if they're gonna be shitting out a cinematic universe for the next few years. Not to mention at the rate they're going how are they going to keep people's interest without yearly releases like Marvel does?
>>
>>79298474
How would they prove it? Shit got destroyed in thewar
>>
>>79298573
Legendary approached Del Toro about reworking Pacific Rim into a Godzilla movie early on since they had the rights but he refused.
>>
File: Kingkongedoposter.jpg (45KB, 339x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kingkongedoposter.jpg
45KB, 339x480px
>>79298474
It was real you idiot, the guy who even made the original Godzilla suit made Kong's suit.
Truth be told though he looked more like a crazy wild man than a giant ape.
>>
File: Gorosaurus.jpg (298KB, 546x532px) Image search: [Google]
Gorosaurus.jpg
298KB, 546x532px
What Toho monsters should Legendary give a shot at their own movie if they acquired the rights?
I wonder if they'll actually have the cash and the incentive to look at monsters outside Toho too.
>>
>>79298573
Pacific Rim's story and world kinda complicates crossovers with Godzilla and King Kong
also >>79298620 really complicates it.
>>
>http://www.gamesradar.com/kong-skull-islands-director-ditched-dinosaurs-for-creatures-inspired-by-miyazaki-and-pokemon/
Kong's director sounds based.
>>
>>79298766
Yeah up until you read his extremely triggered twitter rant where he screeched about CIS scum and stole a guy's usb cable.
>>
>>79298766
Not really. He's the guy who went on a twitter rant about a Trump supporter on an airplane and stole his headphones
>>
>>79298816
*Usb cord
>>
>>79298787
>>79298816
Thanks for sharing info that has to do with his directorial skills. Time to drop Kong off my watch-list.
>>
>>79298458
Atleast the Kaiju version. The 1939 Kong is stop-motion kino.
>>
>>79298874
He may have good inspirations but he's a shitty person IRL and not based. That's most of Hollywood and my love of kaiju won't be dissuaded by some cuck director.
>>
I'm more interested in seeing King Ghidorah's re-design.
>>
Would Shin Godzilla destroy Kong more than Cranston Godzilla ?
>>
>>79298573
fuark they look so good. i hope this is the finished product
>>
>>79300290
Shin got fucked up by bombers and Japs using magic science shit so its hard to say. He does absolutly wreck shit though.

I want Kong and Legendary Goji to team up against Shin. I dont care how they do it just DO IT
>>
Godzilla and Kong are going to team up to fight Gigan and Megalon.
>>
>>79300840
>Gigan and Megalon
Where do you get that
>>
>>79300879

My ass. But I would pay money+collateral+strip search+tip to see it.
>>
File: IMG_0016.png (110KB, 736x627px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0016.png
110KB, 736x627px
>>79297799
>(whoever that may be)
>MFW it turns out to be destoroyah
>>
To be quite honest, I'm looking forward to this franchise
>>
>>79297975
G2014 is 355ft tall, while the new Kong is 100ft tall, albeit in a not full grown state.
>>
People are spoiled so they find stuff to bitch about no matter what, but I've been waiting for this my whole life.
>>
>>79301196
I don't think it'll be Destoroyah
>>
>>79301562
>while the new Kong is 100ft tall, albeit in a not full grown state.

what's this not in a full grown state bullshit you're pushing?
>>
>>79301717
Apparently King Kong in the new one is young, will probably be a grown adult by the Godzilla vs King Kong movie
>>
King Kong wouldn't stand a chance against shin godzilla.
>>
>>79296975
Not to mention regular non shitty remake Godzilla can just step on Kang Kong.
>>
>>79301606
>People are spoiled so they find stuff to bitch about no matter what
Yeah, they kinda are
>>
>>79300516
Shin is a glass canon. A hell of a glass canon. If they get in range and he has fuel, they are rekt. The problem is that he has like 10 secs of fuel.
>>
>>79301606
I want the old Pizza Hut format back.
>>
Legendary Godzilla+King Kong vs. Jaegers vs. Kaiju

>Jaeger/wall/whatever Pacific Rimjob comes up to stop Kaiju with disturbs Godzilla and King Kong
>start destroying cities
>world starts building uber-Jaegers to deal with them
>kaiju come back and are attacking unprotected cities
>Jaeger numbers are stretched thin and keep getting rekt by GKK
>lure GKK to where kaiju are attacking
>epic 20-minute final battle scene
>>
File: b4g56.jpg (232KB, 1139x884px) Image search: [Google]
b4g56.jpg
232KB, 1139x884px
>still supporting the hollywood communist jew

http://mashable.com/2016/11/28/jordan-vogt-roberts-kong-skull-island-twitter-rant-seatmate-alt-right
>>
>>79296975
His coconut gun
>>
>>79304251
Ha
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.