[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did refn fluke with drive, or will he ever replicate that "classic"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

did refn fluke with drive, or will he ever replicate that "classic" film thing, where its just perfect ?
>>
>>79290456
Well, he's done it twice since, so I'm not sure if you're kidding or retarded.
>>
>>79290456
>not appreciating neon demon
>>
>>79290456
>that "classic" film thing
What the fuck is that supposed to mean. Watch his pre-drive movies. Bronson is fucking kino.
>>
>>79290456
Watch his older movies, pleb.
Drivefags are absolute cancer.
>>
>>79290528
_ _____.
>>
>>79290509
bronson is good, pusher series is good, but neither are CLASSICS

drive is a classic, its part of popular culture for life, it launched gosling, it made refn (for him to go on and fuck it up)

i just wish refn would go back to a tighter more linear story, everything since drive is pure garbage and to say otherwise shows your pure need to look different and try to project your "superior" taste on everyone who rightfully doesn't agree
>>
>>79290528
i have seen them, and ? you're assuming i have't because i'm stating drive is a classic ?

literal retard
>>
>>79290583
>it launched gosling
That was the notebook anon.
>>
>>79290583
>bronson is good, pusher series is good, but neither are CLASSICS
The pusher films are absolutely classics here in Denmark.
The series launched Mads Mikkelsen, which is the biggest Danish star.

What you're talking about is popularity, which severely restricts foreign language films from smaller countries.

Watch more movies, or come up with actual critique instead of your retarded "gut feeling".
We all know your first Refn movie was Drive, and you probably gave up on the old ones after watching for a few minutes.
>>
>>79290625
nah, not at all

post notebook
>good but small indie films

post drive
>good indie films, big budget films, small films, films with big stars
>>
File: Pusher3.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pusher3.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>79290659
mads who?
>>
>>79290456
Bronson was better
>>
It's not that Refn can't, it's that he appear to have no interest in it. He was offered plenty of more mainstream projects and turned them all down to make OGF.

The key to the feeling you're talking about OP is that Refn was brought on board a project that was initially little more than a fast and the furious rip off set to star Hugh Jackman. It was all plot and car chases. It wasn't until Gosling came aboard and personally chose Refn that the hollywood template was changed into what we got. So basically in order for this to happen again, instead of Refn making a film from the ground up he has to be brought on board a hollywood film and then transform it.
>>
I think after Refn hated how Drive almost made him mainstream, so he made OGF and Neon Demon as a sort of rebellion against his own success. Who knows what he'll do in the future.
>>
Directors like him do whatever they want, they don't really care about box office or critics a whole lot, they do it for their own artistic vision.
>>
>>79291073
interesting, didnt know that
>>
>>79291073
So you're saying Refn should direct the new Batman
>>
He did fluke with Drive, really.

If he didn't land Gosling, it would've gone severely-unknown -- as it should have, anyway.

>>79291073
> So basically in order for this to happen again, instead of Refn making a film from the ground up he has to be brought on board a hollywood film and then transform it.

To be fair, Refn's shtick is lipstick-on-a-pig. Still, he's rather boring.
>>
>>79290846
no it was not, it was awful
monotone, boring and with 30 minutes of script dragged out into an entire full length movie
>>
>>79290659
>here in Denmark.
Why do all of your directors excell at making the most bleak and nihilistic films that make me want to kill myself? Is it so bad in denmark?
>>
>>79291763
Id be down. I'm sick of capeshit, but id love too see some of it handed to just the weirdest auteurs they can think of.
Let Jodorowsky direct an adaptation of arkham house. Give Refn green lantern. Let Lynch direct avengers 3.
Just give them the budget and a deadline and release whatever the fuck they hand in at the end of the project.
Also now I really want to see captain america movie directed by Mann.
>>
>>79292904
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PALjbTo1D5U
>>
File: bleeder.jpg (534KB, 4351x1920px) Image search: [Google]
bleeder.jpg
534KB, 4351x1920px
Bleeder is definitely a classic
>>
>>79294136
It was strange to see Pusher cast in very different roles. Great movie.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.