[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So.. The humanity of the future is saved by the humanity of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: is.jpg (25KB, 206x305px) Image search: [Google]
is.jpg
25KB, 206x305px
So..
The humanity of the future is saved by the humanity of the past who is saved by.. the humanity of the future????
>>
>>79285045

bootstrap paradox
>>
>>79285066
I call it "terminator-tier bullshit"
>>
Yes, that's how time travelling works in most science fiction works

You are from the future, you bout to die, you go back and give tech to the past people so they save you/what is about to kill you doesn't happen
>>
>>79285089

That's because you're an idiot with a grade school education who spent his time wisely eating paint chips
>>
>>79285045
>>79285066
The first iteration of humanity made it into space, but only just barely. They became the bulk beings. The bulk beings wanted to engineer the past but were afraid the slightest effect they may have on past humans would lead past humans to extinction. They therefore shored up humanity's past by giving them access to a wormhole, a black hole, and a construct to communicate the necessary data past the event horizon.
>>
>>79285110
Name 3 (three) movies that do this not including either Bill and Ted movie.
>>
We talk of two separate timeline?
>>
>>79285179
Back to the Future
The Arrival
Austin Powers
>>
File: interstellar.jpg (14KB, 350x144px) Image search: [Google]
interstellar.jpg
14KB, 350x144px
>>
File: interstellar-wormhole.jpg (4MB, 3695x5269px) Image search: [Google]
interstellar-wormhole.jpg
4MB, 3695x5269px
Good movie, desu. However a few things don't make sense.
1) How does the blite render the atmosphere unbreathable?
2) They only barely escaped from burning up in the atmosphere and somehow merely attaining low orbit catapulted them at the black hole?
3) They need a large rocket to get off of Earth but they can use a tiny little lander to get off of a planet with more gravity than Earth.

You may think there are other aspects of the movie that make less sense, but I disagree.
>>
>>79285045
Time travel stories are so fucking useless and mind numbing.
>>
>>79285332
4) How are they able to breathe on the ocean planet when there is no flora?
5) How did they know that the water would only be waist-deep instead of being cautious by preparing an inflatable raft?
6) If humans are so advanced that they can find a single person falling through the infinite expanse of space and build a time machine library around him, how come they couldn't go further back in time to prevent any bad shit from happening in the first place?
7) How come Jessica Chastain and Anne Hathaway are in every fucking movie?
>>
>>79285244
"corn" as used in the commentaries, refers to cereal crops, so not maize, more like wheat, rye, etc
>>
>>79285045

Oh look, OP accidentally stumbled upon the timetravel paradox.
>>
>>79285383

And yet you willingly paid money to see one.

Is life as a contrarian as sad as it looks?
>>
>>79285332
1) I thought the blite just destroyed crops, leading our sedentary civilization to ruins
2)You mean after the no time for caution scene ? Don't remember but didn't Cooper just take the light vessel and used the remaining fuel and orbital catapult to go to Gargantua ?
3)Fair, but maybe they had final pieces/ressourcs with them when leaving earth for the station
4)But they don't ? They keep their suits
5)Sonars are quite an old invention, but they should have shown it
6)They want humanity to evolve and colonize the stars
7)Mommies
>>
>>79285045
you missed the point of the film
>>
>>79287500

>blite

Really?
>>
>>79287613
I mindlessly copied what he wrote, but yeah I shouldn't have
>*blight
>>
>>79285179
Triangle
Predestination
Harry Potter
>>
>>79287519
2deep4me

Or.. the movie sucks
>>
File: big_brain_alien.jpg (210KB, 560x426px) Image search: [Google]
big_brain_alien.jpg
210KB, 560x426px
>tfw you're movies are too smart for /tv/
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.