[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Didn't think you were real >I'm real when it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170210-011754.png (847KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170210-011754.png
847KB, 1920x1080px
>Didn't think you were real
>I'm real when it's useful

When I say this I'm not even trying to meme here, what in the actual fuck did he mean by this?
>>
>>79275677
Affleck's remark, "I'm real when it's useful," at first sight adheres to the postmodern solipsistic and relativistic modes. This is confirmed by Terrio when questioned about his research for Justice League, which included "red- and blueshifts in physics". However, on further inspection, Affleck's comment simultaneously reinspects Husserl's and Wittgenstein's "form of life". This invariably leads to a more pragmatic worldview, as Pierce declares "Consider the practical effects of the objects of your conception. Then, your conception of those effects is the whole of your conception of the object."
Affleck further confirms the pragmatic totality when approaching Miller and Momoa:
"So you're fast."
"You can talk to fish."
Reality as it operates in Snyder films, isn't subservient to language, they work in tandem. This leads as back to Eastern philosophy, the Hinduist Guru Mantra becomes another mythopoetical jigsaw piece in the totality of Justice League. As Brody succintly observed, "Even at his most pedestrian or bombastic, Snyder makes a far more engaging film than Christopher Nolan (an executive producer of “Batman v Superman”) ever did—because Nolan presumes to know and to show, whereas Snyder wants to see. Even his slender philosophical world seems like he’s discovering it, not delivering it."

It's just a quip
>>
File: megusta.png (396KB, 420x416px) Image search: [Google]
megusta.png
396KB, 420x416px
>>79275716
mild kek anon, well done
>>
>>79275716
>Its just a quip

But it still doesn't make any sense. What does he hate his fuckin job and he only appears when people find it useful to use him?
Does he find it useful when he becomes batman because he likes being batman and can get shit done?

Even if it's one of these it just sounds like a fucking alien wrote that line, humans dont say shit like this. But then again what would I expect from Zach Snyder after Batman V superman A film I argued on /tv/ that the first rotten tomato scores were just early reviews which meant nothing and that you shouldn't trust the opinion of review websites at all
God I has high hopes for that movie.
>>
>>79275925
It just means that he prefers to operate in the shadows like a damn ninja. Stop being autistic.
>>
>>79275925
I think he means the Gotham PD, governmetn, whatever, only legitimizes him when they need him.

It is a weird line though
>>
>>79275677
It's Ben Affleck that throws you off. Picture Conroy saying "I'm real when it's useful."
>>
its a line that sounds cool for trailers
>>
>>79276174
No Im not being autistic you fucking asshole, also your explanation doesn't really fit it either cause he's the one assembling the bloody team in the first place. This line still doesn't make any fucking sense. Why are people exicted for the justice league after the stillborn that was batman V superman? Do people love comic book movies that much that they'll completely forget how horrible the first movie starting its cinematic universe was? Why is the human race so fucking retarded?
>>
>>79275677

Batman relies heavily on people idealizing him as a shadowy all powerful boogie man. This aspect was there from the very beginning with his idea of dressing up as a bat to take advantage of the superstitious and cowardly nature of street criminals. It's one his ways of making up for not having superpowers. That's where the idea of him not being real comes from. He benefits from not being real and being more like Santa Claus or Big Foot. On the other hand, one of his defining character traits is his extreme pragmatism. So he will go out into the streets and actually do things himself, when it's useful.
>>
>>79276383
Ok let me explain.
There are people around the world (dc world) who thinks Batman is just a myth. Cyborg is one of them, then he says "didn't think you were real"

Batman replies "I'm real when it's useful".
>its a quip
>he only comes when needed.
>>
>>79275677
Sounds like their own version of "not the hero we need, but the one we deserve" so the world only cares about batman when it's useful for them, or the actual movie will explain it
>>
>>79276521
But that just makes him sound like he hates being batman. What a fucking asshole.
>>
>>79276670
well, batman never stops, it's more like a duty than a hobby
>>
>>79276670

He does hate being Batman. He does it because he feels he needs to for everyone else's sake, not because he enjoys it.
>>
>>79275716
Kino

Snyder does it again!
>>
>>79276576
But more passive aggressive and childish.
>>
>>79275677
Superman had no clue who the fuck Batman was in BvS so we can assume that in this universe Batman is more incognito than in Nolanverse to the point where only a select few know of his existence
>>
>>79276699
>>79276721
I dunno, I always felt that batman felt gratification and pride when he fought for justice in Gotham which is where his enjoyment for batman came in. In this universe, I guess it makes more sense as he does look miserable anytime he is doing something related with batman, but if this is the case then that just makes me hate Snyder even more.
>>
>>79276861

Nah, that's not just Snyder's Batman. It's a basic feature of the character across most of the different versions of him that have been depicted over the years. He mostly only goes out at night, he stays in the shadows, and his motivation is pretty negative. Other heroes might've gotten into their roles because they wanted to do something great to improve the world, but Batman hunts down criminals because his parents were murdered and he feels compelled to make sure that sort of thing doesn't happen again.
>>
>>79275677
We know he paints his eyes. Why doesn't he paint the rest of his face? It would help hide his identity while also letting him show emotion or whatever the reason is that he leaves his mouth exposed.
>>
>>79276861

He feels that, but in these movies he is an old Batman and has gone through some shit. And the phrase is really not because he hates being Batman, but because he knows he is not the most important thing in the world. He is not a god, nor the world spins around him. He is just there when the world needs him, and when it doesn;t , the world just forgets about him or treat him like a criminal.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.