[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously, why don't women like this movie? I was talking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: Master-And-Commander-002 (1).jpg (435KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Master-And-Commander-002 (1).jpg
435KB, 1024x768px
Seriously, why don't women like this movie? I was talking to a colleague and I brought up Master and Commander and he says "Fucking great movie. My girlfriend hates it, though."

Memes aside, it's like some kind of phenomenon.
>>
Because it's about a bunch of dudes on a ship for the sole purpose of duty to their country. There's not one woman in it and there's no romance or period dresses. There's only like 2 kids and they're both pretty much just small men. And finally there's is only one female on screen throughout the entire movie, she has no dialogue and has maybe 3 seconds of screen time.

There's not one thing that the average woman can relate to.
>>
Do leme ao pontal...
Well, they have different ways of thinking.
>>
What is so good about it?
>>
The same reason I stopped watching Neon Demon fifteen minutes in. I can't relate to the characters or their motivations, so it's not for me.

>>79266711
see
>>79266307
>it's about a bunch of dudes on a ship for the sole purpose of duty to their country.
It's basically "born in the wrong generation" but not annoying.
>>
>>79266238
the female brain is incapable of understanding themes like courage, duty and pride
that's why they welcome hordes of barbarians coming to destroy their countries
>>
>>79266238
I'm a guy and I find it extremely boring. Liking it must be an Anglo/autist thing.
>>
>>79266307
>There's not one thing that the average woman can relate to.
or the average anon.
>>
>>79266238
>My girlfriend hates it, though.
Your girlfriend is a man-hater. If all the characters in Master & Commander were women, it would be her favorite. Seriously there is nothing but adventure in that movie, so your girlfriend is probably sexist. She's dead weight.
>>
>>79266238

Sailors, all men and young boys, on a ship during the Napoleonic Wars fighting the French.

No need for female characters or female emotions from real men characters.
>>
>Crowe/Bettany eye candy isn't enough
>>
Saw it in theater, wife walked out 20 min in saying it was boring. She went shopping while I watched a classic.
>>
>>79267060
>shopping

lmao you poor bastard
>>
Was staying at a cottage with a bunch of girls and gays (I was the only straight guy).

They are going through all the DVDs in the cottage and when they picked up Master and Commander, they gave an almost robotic "I don't know what that is.." and put it down.

/tv/, does master and commander contain the essence of pure manhood?
>>
>>79266307
>for the sole purpose of duty to their country.

Way to miss the intricate personalities presented in the source material.
>>
>>79266238
Watched it with my wife a few months back, was her first viewing and she liked it.

Just asked her why she liked it and the only answer she has is
>I dunno I like sci-fi and I like stories that have a ship and a crew that work together to accomplish something interesting, plus the acting was good.
>>
>>79267212
For clarification I think she was saying that she likes sci-fi shows that have a ship and crew (i.e startrek, the expanse etc) and Master and Commander ticks those boxes, despite not being sci-fi
>>
>>79266711

It's comfy. It's just a well made movie with hardly any faults. Also there isn't enough good movies set in Napoleon Era. It's such an underrated era, yet there's only like 5 good movies for it.
>>
File: wom3n.jpg (387KB, 1100x802px) Image search: [Google]
wom3n.jpg
387KB, 1100x802px
>>79266238
>>
>>79267316
women are truly inferior
prove me wrong
>>
>>79266307
>And finally there's is only one female on screen throughout the entire movie, she has no dialogue and has maybe 3 seconds of screen time

What, where in which scene?
>>
>>79266807
You couldn't relate to Keanu?
>>
>>79267316
Be fair. There's more women giving the film a glowing review and more dickless numales panning it.
>>
>>79266238
My wife liked it. Said the only character she couldn't stand was the doctor, because he was, "A whiny little pussy." Until he digs a bullet out of his own chest, then he was alright in her book.
>>
>>79267316
>"blah"
>there's a whole lot of "swash" but very little "buckling."

What? Having a whole lot of swash is the complete opposite of being blah! And it's got more buckling than swash to begin with! What is she even trying to say?!
>>
My mom hated it, I just found it boring.
>>
>>79266889
Or you could just be a faggot
>>
File: Fat David Tennant.jpg (90KB, 340x430px) Image search: [Google]
Fat David Tennant.jpg
90KB, 340x430px
>>79267577
>mfw reading the books and finding out that movie-Maturin IS a pussy compared to his source

He is a stone-cold motherfucker in the books. Aubrey is down-right boring next to him, ship-battles be damned.
>>
>>79267395
Civic qt the lads on the ship want to fugg when they resupply off the Brazillian coast
>>
This is a meme, right?

I mean, the movie is good, but this woman thing, that's got to be a meme.
>>
File: Devil_Wears_Prada_main_onesheet.jpg (21KB, 300x438px) Image search: [Google]
Devil_Wears_Prada_main_onesheet.jpg
21KB, 300x438px
Seriously, why don't men like this movie? I was talking to a colleague and I brought up The Devil Wars Prada and she says "Fucking great movie. My boyfriend hates it, though."

Memes aside, it's like some kind of phenomenon.
>>
>>79266711
Because its literally set in the best period of time for top quality European history kino
>>
>>79267160
>source material
We're talking about the movie anon. try to keep up.
>>
File: 1475598710243.jpg (19KB, 297x308px) Image search: [Google]
1475598710243.jpg
19KB, 297x308px
>>79266889
>I'm a guy
>>
Would this meme stop? My mum loves this movie. My female cousing loves this movie. The men in my life think it's OK.
>>
>>79268121
hey i like that movie
>>
File: ok.png (16KB, 351x347px) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
16KB, 351x347px
>>79267316
it's weird that it doesn't really show up in this though, where usually you see a huge difference
>>
>>79266898
That's totally wrong, most of the crew in these ships were dregs of society forcibly drafted. Only the officers weren't.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.