[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do films demonize heroin so much? Are there any that provide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 13

File: requiem for a dream.jpg (145KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
requiem for a dream.jpg
145KB, 800x1200px
Why do films demonize heroin so much? Are there any that provide a more realistic and neutral/positive portrayal of it?
>>
The Junkie's Christmas by Coppola
>>
>>79264065
ESS
>>
>>79264065
>Why do films demonize heroin so much?

Something tells me you're from Scotland. Anyways: Trainspotting
>>
>>79264182
TO
>>
>>79264065
my friend who did heroin didnt turn out like in the movies, he killed himself
>>
>>79264065
Because heroine's fucking horrible. Do not underestimate it

Requiem for a dream portrayed it pretty accurately. It didn't just say "heroine bad" it showed how you get caught up in it and how beyond euphoric it feels

Heroine is just fucking awful. The only thing that holds a candle is meth
>>
GIMME SOME FOLDED PIECES OF PAPER NOW
>>
>>79264065
DUDE
>>
File: heaven_knows_what_poster.jpg (628KB, 960x1379px) Image search: [Google]
heaven_knows_what_poster.jpg
628KB, 960x1379px
Don't think anything portrays it as being good. Requiem definitely exaggerates it to an annoying extent though.
>>
File: IMG_6446.jpg (54KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6446.jpg
54KB, 640x430px
>>79264065
Trainspotting, you'll know exactly why heroin should never be used
>>
I wonder why anyone would demonize literal degeneracy
>>
>>79264332
>>79264065
Never done a single drug in my life. Not even weed. But the way people talk about heroin. "It's better than an orgasm". Makes me think that if I were to try a drug it would be that one.
>>
>>79264485
Don't try drugs. Don't be a fucking disgusting degenerate
>>
>>79264065
The film doesn't demonize heroin, They were ADDICTED to heroin, it's a different perspective, the only one with physical consequences was Harry becasue he didn't treat his infection.
>>
>>79264511

go to bed Dad.
>>
>>79264511
Don't plan on it. Drugs are for niggers. Alcohol is no better.
>>
>>79264485
>better than an orgasm
It literally is an orgasm, the same essential neurochemicals that make orgasms feel good anyway. The difference is you get a droplet when you cum and a needle load when you shoot up. Like a thousand orgasms at once.
>>
>>79264065
Name one person who has admitted to trying heroin who isnt a fucking junkie degenerate and/or dead now.
>>
>>79264065
Bad lieutenant
>>
>>79264565
>Thinking you're cool for taking drugs
Do you smoke weed too, like a good little degenerate
>>
>>79264485
>>79264065
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9huWlXFA1s

This video is literally a reddit comment but it's pretty accurate desu. There's not many other films that capture it but the book 'Junky' is great. Also the trainspotting book captures the chaotic nihilism of hardcore heroin addiction better than the film
>>
File: smack my bitch up.jpg (159KB, 1379x900px) Image search: [Google]
smack my bitch up.jpg
159KB, 1379x900px
>>79264671

you're going to die in a few thousand days.and you'll be missing out on a lot of things.

enjoy being tucked up in bed at 10pm with your glass of milk you rebel.
>>
>>79264643
In that case I'm surprised more people don't do heroin.
>>
Confessions of an English Opium Eater is bookino
>>
>>79264651
I've known people who do it casually and aren't addicts. Just don't be stupid and do it everyday. It is possible to have willpower when doing drugs.
>>
>>79264766
>missing out on a lot of things.

Yeah, that's why the word degenerate is in there, there's more in life, a lot lot more in life than drugs.
>>
>>79264065
Requiem for a dream is about more than drug abuse. Its about hunger. True kino
>>
Is there a heroin film that shows the constipation?
>>
Former casual heroin user here. Luckily for me, while it did get me high and feel marginally good it also made me vomit violently when it was "good".

I've lost multiple good friends to heroin. When I say lost I don't mean they're not my friends anymore, I mean they're not alive anymore.

The juice isn't worth the squeeze unless you have no one on Earth who loves you. If that's the case go for it.
>>
>>79264768
People know the downfalls of heroin addiction and how quickly and easily you can die from it.

The most worrying thing is that doctors for years pushed out heavy doses of pills for people with chronic pain. And you fall into addiction easily with opiates

>doctors stop giving you scripts
>doctor shopping became illegal
>drug prices going way up, health insurance going way up
>prescription opiates are expensive as fuck on the black market buying them pill by pill
>can just buy heroin for a 10th of the price and get a much stronger high

Its not a coincidence that prescription overdoses and heroin overdoses both has skyrocketed in the last 10 years.

Normal everyday people, not degenerates, who fall into this trap.
>>
File: laughing_debts.gif (201KB, 480x201px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_debts.gif
201KB, 480x201px
>>79264864
>I've known people who do it casually and aren't addicts. Just don't be stupid and do it everyday. It is possible to have willpower when doing drugs.

I CAN QUIT WHENEVER I WANT BRO
>>
>>79264065
You're a retard. Don't do heroin. It fucks up everything.
>>
>>79265116
>>79264450
>>
Man I've done h for 8 years. Never stole from anyone, or done anything but earn my shit and if there's no money then I don't get high. Fairly social dude too.
>>
>>79264651
Bob Dylan
Johnny Cash
>>
>>79264966
He never said there isnt a lot more
How autistic are you anon?
>>
Never done heroin, but alcohol and cigarettes are way more harmful.
>>
>>79266557
>>
>>79266557
On a worldwide level they've done far more harm, but the likelihood of heroin fucking your life up is much higher than the side effects of alcohol and cigarettes. If you want to, you should drink in moderation and shouldn't smoke cigarettes or use heroin at all.

every girl I've ever dated was a smoker and I hate cigarettes so much fuck
>>
watch Black Tar Heroin, a documentary following a few heroin addicts over a couple of years. Depressing as fuck desu
>>
>>79264651
John Frusciante

he was pretty much dying in the end but somehow managed to survive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Cc_A3N21k
>>
>>79265382
That showed diarrhea
>>
>>79264065
My cousin next door got hooked up on it.
You dont know what you are talking about.
>>
>>79264065

coming from a person who used heroin daily for almost 10 years (been clean for over 2 now) requiem for a dream was pretty accurate.

my main gripe with the movie is that they somehow got the details wrong with the pupils which i found strange. when you use opiates your pupils constrict and get very small and they showed them get larger like they do with cocaine and other stimulants.

heroin will ruin your life. you won't be the 1 out of 100 people than can just use it recreationally, because when you know you can feel that good you'll want to feel that way all the time and eventually you get sick if you don't have it. welcome to addiction, your life is now a living hell.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri0cifENxm0

This was pretty accurate desu
>>
>>79267486

Please explain how you started heroin and how it made you feel?
>>
>>79267326
Right before which Renton talks about the constipation
>>
>>79265342
>not understanding everything about /tv/ is fucked up
>>
>>79264651
Burroughs
>>
>>79264643
can you please stop posting about stuff you clearly don't know shit about?

>>79264695 this is without a doubt the best explanation for it. it's not an orgasm, it's just very nice
>>
>>79265165
This happened to my uncle.
He broke his leg or something, he got pills for ages, the pills stopped, and he started looking for a replacement. He found it in heroin.
He took decades to get himself straight, and he's still working at it. He uses methadone and alcohol to keep going-- and supposedly quit alcohol but it turned out, no, he didn't.
>>
>>79267849

i hurt my back pretty badly and got hooked on pain pills. if you've ever done opioids you know what heroin feels like to a lesser extent. it is just total and complete euphoria. everything is right in the world and you are happy and friendly without being obnoxious or drunk. it's just a very blissful feeling and it's very hard to voluntarily stop feeling that way once you know it's readily available to you. i used to be pretty functional. i had a full time job for the first 5 years of my addiction but my live completely revolved around dope and every penny i earned went into my arm. i'm actually going to school to be an addiction counselor right now so i can try to help other people overcome their demons.
>>
>>79268337
Addicts relapse, it's part of recovery.

Give your uncle the benefit of the doubt and support him while not enabling him. Fine line there but you have to do your best. He's not a bad person because he's addicted to something.
>>
Heroin is actually that boogeyman drug they warned you about at school.

Alchohol, LSD, cocaine, ecstasy etc; none can really compare to heroin. Even Rockstars like Lemmy, who drank a bottle of Daniels for breakfast, didn't touch that shit.
>>
>>79268607
he lives out of state, my mom doesn't even have that much contact with him
I know about that other stuff, my dad's been a recovering alcoholic my whole life, not that I've spent much time with him either
don't drugs kids, it'll separate you from your family one way or another, and they'll resent you for that more than the addiction
>>
>>79264065
Better than movies who romanticize drugs.
>le cool cynical man doing drugs casually while funky beat plays in the background
>>
>>79269422
Alcohol can be every bit as destructive as heroin. It depends on the individual.

The rest of what you listed are definitely 2nd, 3rd or 4th tier in terms of the potential for negative impact on your life.

LSD being the least dangerous of the things you listed.
>>
File: autism.jpg (76KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
76KB, 720x540px
>>79264511
>>79264671
>>79264966
>>
>>79265184
I always get a laugh out of 4chan neets ranting about shit they know nothing about
>>
>>79270139
LSD can be pretty bad if you're doing it everyday, but nobody does it everyday like they do other drugs so it's not really a problem.
>>
>>79270276
Hamburgers can be pretty bad if you do them every day too.

LSD is basically harmless to people with a decent head on their shoulders.
>>
>>79267486
>experienced junkie shoots straight into an abscess instead of using one of his many, many other veins
>they go into giggling fits after shooting up like they ate pot brownies
yeah totally accurate lmao
ya lyin little faggot
>>
>>79264224
>Trainspotting

This film makes you want to never touch a drug in your life.
>>
>>79264523
why didn't he anyway? why did he keep shotting into the fucking infection?
>>
>>79264332

FYI, Heroine is not horrible, heroine is literally, LITERALLY morphine with an extra "something" attached which makes the hit faster, that's literally all. Heroine is morphine in a more intense form, if you want to adjust heroine and use it literally as morphine, you give the person 3 times more morphine than you would heroine, and it's the same, it's literally, scientifically exactly the same as morphine, and can be used in a hospital, but you don't need that fast hit, so morphine is good enough.

The thing which is dangerous about heroin, like literally every other illicit drug, is the fact that it is illicit. Heroin is one of the safest and cleanest drugs out there, that's simple fact. Because it's illegal, people fuck with it in order to profit. People have to hide the fact they take it which in turns drives them underground.

Seriously, learn your shit, I have never tried Heroin, probably never will because it's so addictive and I know myself, but you are being a fucking moron if you think Heroin itself is unsafe, and not the people/situation surrounding it.
>>
>>79270523
Are you retarded? Honest question. I really want to know.
>>
It's fine as long as you don't quit then relapse

Your body can't handle the massive amounts you used to take and that's when you die
>>
Heroine are awful, Heroin is cool though.
>>
>>79270139
>Alcohol can be every bit as destructive as heroin.

Most things "can" be as destructive as heroin, but they rarely are; because they can't fucking touch heroin when it comes to addiction.

Heroin is the ultimate "once you pop you can't stop" drug, which is why its so fucking bad, that and it's super easy to OD.
>>
>>79270523
Goddamn you're stupid.
>>
>>79270586
Are you? Where did I confuse you? It's pretty straightforward.
>>
>>79264299
My cousin died cuz of Heroin. In his last days he was living in our home and my elder brother whos a doctor was administrating his injections. There was no nerve left by the very end and he had to literally once inject him at a nerve located in his testicles. It was painful and heartbreaking to realize that the only thing keeping him alive at that point was more heroin.

Fuck heroin and whoever synthesized it I hope those basards burns in hell
>>
>>79271067
>he blames heroin because his family was too shit to control his family member
I mean, sad story and all, but it's more your fault.
>>
>>79270436
why would i want to use drugs?
>>
>>79271101
Don't go projecting nigger

My cousin was abusing alochol so we got him hash. He was okay for a year being your regular 420 degenerate but then one day at his dealers place he met a NIGGER (thats right fucking niggers) who introduced him to harry. His own family was dysfunctional and poor so he used to come hangout with us cuz we had a stable enough household and he loved being with us cuz we treated him like a human being when his own family treated him like trash.

Long story short he wasn't living with us when he got full blown addicted. We discovered him in a hospital where he put down us as his emergency contact and got him to our place and tried to tapper off the harry but it didnt work if he didnt get his shot you could see the life in his eyes fade away so we had to inject him. One day he just stopped and though we were sad we kinda felt relieved that at least he finally may be at peace now.

I miss that cousin of mine, we grow up together and played with the same toys etc etc ;_;
>>
>>79271397
dude, don't fall for the bait. op is probably some drug seller fag who's looking for new clients
>>
>>79264651
Nicole Kidman
>>
>>79271397
this is such a sad story
I'm so sorry this happened to you
internet hugz :/
>>
File: IMG_1607.jpg (24KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1607.jpg
24KB, 500x461px
>>79271723
>>
>>79271101
Unless the family forcefully injected him with heroin then it's 100% the guy's fault.
>>
>>79272029
My brother is a doctor and you can't just cold-turkey a HEAVY heroine user they'd collapse on the spot, you have to taper it off like pharma drugs, his regular massive dosage that he was getting from his dealer was reduced by 80% in the hands of my doctor brother but it was too late by then because his heart failed from the abuse he had subjected it with; when he was shooting up himself with the help of his scum dealer who just wanted more money
>>
>>79270523
Psychologically heroin is addictive yes but it takes a few weeks of injecting almost daily to become physically addicted and suffer the terrible withdraw.
>>
>>79270523
>>79264643
stop saying literally all the time fucking faggots
>>
>>79264450
yeah it'll turn you Scottish. Gross.
>>
File: 1465264869170.jpg (7KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
1465264869170.jpg
7KB, 252x252px
I would never do heroin. I have done
>mushrooms
>weed
>cocaine
>pharma stuff
>fake weed shit
>alcohol
>LSD acid drops

I can't imagine ever, EVER, injecting a drug directly into my blood stream. It sounds retarded because it IS retarded. You'd have to me a full on idiot to even consider it.
>>
>>79272482
Mate you can't sit on your high horse of "I'm so smart with my drugs" if you've done cocaine.
>>
>>79272482
People probably think you're retarded for smoking weed. What makes heroin such a bad scary drug compared to cocaine or alcohol. You niggers are actually giving in to the years of propoganda.
>>
File: Pepe_Shrug.png (80KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_Shrug.png
80KB, 560x407px
>>79264671
I personally like smoking weed because it's relaxing, it makes almost everything funner, it temporarily increases my creativity, and it has no negative side affects.

Alcohol is way worse, I've never puked my guts out, been hungover, or made horrible decisions after smoking even the largest amounts of weed in one night.
>>
>>79269422
This
Ive done pretty much everything except h
But i did inject oxy's back in 06-07 before they reformulated the pills
And jesus fuck, the most sublime thing ive ever done, not even crack pulls you back in as much
>>
>>79270523
it works the other way around too though
people that are well connected to other people don't use drugs as much, even when there's less taboo about them
>>
>>79271397
That is a real sad story bro and I am sorry, but none of that is the fault of Heroin.
>>
>>79264065
Watched my sister die in my moms arms because of heroin. Any movie that portrays it positively can die in a fucking fire.
>>
>>79272559
Cocaine really isnt that bad
Crack and meth are the stims to worry about but even then
As long as you dont smoke meth its not that bad either
>>
I had a mate who tried heroin, but didn't want his parents to see the track marks, so he shot it between his toes. His big toenail turned black and dropped off. Shit was whack, put me off heroin for life. Might try it if I ever get a terminal illness.
>>
>>79272890
>people that are well connected to other people don't use drugs as much, e
flat out wrong, you need to adjust your terminology, you mean illicit drugs. Everyone takes some form of drug or another, Chocolate is being found to have a addictive chemical reaction inside your brain.

Drugs are simply everywhere, every human has their vice, what ever it is. These 'well connected' people are the sort who you will never know take drugs, they do it in their own time, for pure recreational purposes.
>>
>>79270523

>cant spell heroin
>all that retarded shit
s m h
>>
>>79272969
>autism
you know what the fuck I meant
>>
>>79272979
and even then, the same principles apply to alcohol and caffeine and theobromine, they're just as big of a hit to the system as illegal drugs
>>
>>79272996
*they're just not as big
>>
>>79272996
Theobromine is in chocolate? Thought it was only in coffee
>>
File: ICE 2 ICE.png (203KB, 608x520px) Image search: [Google]
ICE 2 ICE.png
203KB, 608x520px
>>79267486
Anon you do know that requiem for a dream was a movie about speed, right?
>>
>>79270523
You are right it's not dangerous, UNLESS you RUN OUT, then you get sick and do who knows what for more, it's not a poison by itself, no.
>>
>>79272482
Anon you know oxy's and hydro's, and all that other shit are opiates too. I mean oxy's had the nickname "Hillbilly Heroin."
Don't IV it. As soon as you start mainlining everything you're pretty much living on borrowed time. But taking a bump or two of that sweet powder is literally maximum comfy.
>>
>>79272955
Cokes pretty fucking bad if you do it often, and with alcohol. I don't really care if people do blow, because I did a lot of coke over the last year, but I at least don't try to convince myself it's not a stupid thing to do.
>>
>television and film
>thread from a bunch of straight edge neckbeards talking about the dangers of heroin
>>
>>79273121
Confirmed for not watching the film
>>
>>79273190
Why would you not drink when you're on blow. Shit's like peanut butter and jelly.
>>
>>79273373
Because it's terrible for your heart, among other things. Which is why I made the initial comment of "you can't bash heroin users for being idiots if you've done coke."
>>
>>79273072
nah man, cocoa is the go-to source for it
>>
>>79273373
your liver and circulatory system won't like it, I think
>>
>>79270523
>never done heroin
>lecturing people about heroin

Biggest retard on here
>>
>>79273638
>you have to have extensive first hand experience in a subject in order to discuss said subject at all

I dunno, might be you, senpai.
>>
>>79270523
literally just being a contrarian for the sake of it lol
>>
>dude the only way to do heroin is to shoot up lmao
if you're touching a needle you're already an addict.
>>
File: drugchart.png (108KB, 2000x903px) Image search: [Google]
drugchart.png
108KB, 2000x903px
>>79270523
>Heroin is one of the safest and cleanest drugs out there

uhhhh....
>>
>>79271067
>gets heroin injected into balls
hahahaha
>>
>>79264065
Because heroin and opiates are the worst drug on earth and if you are using it you should consider killing yourself before you convince other people to try it. I'm open minded about drugs but heroin users should be killed on the spot.
>>
>>79274026
nice source-less chart
>>
>>79270523
This poster's right. The danger from heroin comes from its propensity to foster dependency & its illicit status which results in doses that are unpredictably strong or mixed with other dangerous chemicals, not from the drug itself being harmful for the body like MDMA or Adderall for example which can cause neurotoxicity & other nasty side effects like making your dick not work.
>>
>>79264695
>>79268035
All of that describes non-IV usage, IE not shooting up
Snorting heroin and injecting it are two very fucking different beasts
>>
>>79274344
Not to mention the environmental risks that comes with it.
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.