[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whatever he would have chosen, he still would have been killed.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (79KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
79KB, 1440x1080px
whatever he would have chosen, he still would have been killed. even if we wouldnt have gone under the bridge, the greeks would have hunted him down

frank sobotka had a hard life
>>
>>79259006
well people like him and that one black guy ruined the country by being corrupt, crony lazy shits. So he deserved it.
>>
>>79259041
BUT MUH GRAIN PIER!!!

none of that shit wouldnt have happened if politicians were actually doing their job and not being corrupt ass niggers
>>
>>79259006
was he a good friend, btw?
>>
>>79259063
it's chicken or the egg. by demanding so much regulations, which ARE necessary (at least according to the show with all the workplace injuries they talk about) , it became too costly to give them too much. Then complacency set in.
>>
File: wliele.webm (335KB, 944x656px) Image search: [Google]
wliele.webm
335KB, 944x656px
>its a fat fuck scene
>>
>>79259235
is that the episode where he royally fucks up?
>>
>>79259063
>>79259142
The point is that everyone is as fault. The politicians, the dock workers, the police, the lawyers, the schools, the gangsters, the drug runners.
>>
>>79259293
sure. every institution is racing to the bottom. you could argue that Sobotka did what he had to for his guys. guys like Burrell and Royce had no excuse.
>>
the only winning move is to embark in a life of crime
>>
Best character.
>>
>>79259235
Beadie is such a qtpie
>>
I almost got one of them swearing the docks are near the water
>>
Why did Ziggy get the duck?
>>
>>79259542
The duck's wings are clipped so it won't fly away. Much like Ziggy's situation.
>>
>>79259006
>the greeks would have hunted him down
Not really, his nephew who did the same thing, stayed in baltimore and kept on living
>>
>>79259618
he had witness protection
>>
>>79259630
Okay? Since when is that making a witness invincible?
>>
>>79259630
Sobotka would've gotten that too after talking to the police, so the greeks wouldn't have hunted him down.
>>
>>79259648
Well to be quite honest the whole part of Greek and Spiros falls apart when they are reintroduced in season 4.
>>
>>79259556
Wire writers don't just put things in solely for symbolic reasons, there's usually a reasonable character motivation.
>>
>>79259733
>Wire writers don't just put things in solely for symbolic reasons
lol really?
>>
>>79259741
Name seven.
>>
Best season, best character.
>>
>>79259778
I'll just name the "fuck" scene and call it a day.
>>
File: thewire.jpg (30KB, 628x466px) Image search: [Google]
thewire.jpg
30KB, 628x466px
EFIGE EFIGE
>>
>>79259807
That was just showing how in tune McNulty and Bunk were as detectives.

They didn't need to communicate to get where the other was going. The incredulous use "fuck" in the scene is a reaction to the evidence being uncovered in a scene which had previously been put to bed.

Entirely practical scene, I'm interested to know what you found symbolic in it.
>>
A cop is only as good as his informant(s)
>>
>>79259991
I thought it was meant to be a parody of police procedural shows who ham out a lot of expositional dialogue during such scenes. They convey all the information needed to the audience and just say "fuck" over and over.
>>
>>79259991
>>79260200
why not both? those are reasonable readings of the scene
>>
>>79260200
Both of you are right. It's also a staple actor drill. Check your school or community theater, intonation drills incorporated into a play as a scene are not uncommon. With the amount of non-actors and locals in the Wire, vets were having fun to break the ice.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.