[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It's a happy ending because they die and a digital replica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

>It's a happy ending because they die and a digital replica of them is saved to a computer
?????
>>
>>79251179

heaven must be fucking boring
>>
Anyone else get super pissed at the black woman? The entire episode you were bitching about how your husband didnt want this and your daughter didnt get to experience this, then at the last minute you abandon all your ideals and accept the simulation?

Fuck her. Should have been with her husband and daughter in heaven.
>>
>>79251254
Feels like that happy ending was taced on for no reason other than crowd pleasing. It definitely was building to the "she leaves the sim" ending but they pussied out.
>>
>>79251179
Why did they set up that whole Quagmire thing with the dead people being slowly driven to insanity and degeneracy out of boredom and then do nothing with it? I expected when the black chick showed up months after Yorkie's death she would find her there, but instead we just got OOH HEAVEN IS A PLACE ON EARTH.
>>
>it's a /tv/ finds a way to hate San Junipero because it features lesbians and they're too bigoted to accept that people slightly different than them exist

special snowflakes hurt that other people exist
>>
>>79251254
Except she said she doesnt believe in heaven
>>
>>79251254
In this world we're just beginning to understand the miracle of living. Baby I was afraid before but I'm not afraid anymore.
>>
>>79251466
Eh, episode was alright if what >>79251254 said is true, but it gave tumblr dykes an excuse to chimp out all over the place which is why the episode annoys me.

I'd rather deal with /tv/'s autism than tumblr's autism on cheap consumer media.
>>
>>79251466
>All this projection
Tbh I got the feeling that the shots of them as physical computer data storage being inserted into a server was there to remind you about the ambiguity of whether crossing over is even real. That's why they brought up the notion that it's possible (based on the husbands beliefs) that crossing over isn't a metaphysical crossing over of your consciousness, and is instead just a replica of your memories and feelings that may have some sentience (similar to the eggs From White Christmas). I feel like it's supposed to be ambiguous as to whether the ending even has any meaning. The characters could just be gone, not out there any where, dead. Their digital doppelgangers running around in a computer simulation.
>>
is it just a copy of their consciousness though or was there a way to in effect "cheat death" and be implanted into the simulation. why would she be so tortured about the decision if she was going to die anyway and it was just a replica? it would have no effect on whether or not there was a "real" afterlife if she was dead.

it's kind of like the whole philosophical debate about star trek and the transporter and whether or not they're actually dying every time they get beamed up or down and that it's just a copy of them exactly as they were at that point in time, like a futuristic fax machine.
>>
>>79253282
Charlie Brooker said it was really them but he should also know this debate would be done anyway.

Anyway I lean towards the copy-at-best theory for this stuff. If you want immortality, pay attention to the scientists trying to extend the life of the flesh we have now, not uploaders or singularity types.
>>
>>79251179
what is this

is this that black mirror show
>>
What a shitty gay ass episode
>>
Why did the nigress choose to live with her? I thought she said she can't live a life eternally knowing that her husband and kid won't be there
>>
DAE REMEBER THE 80S??
>>
>>79251179
No, it's an unhappy ending because Charlie Brooker can't write for shit
>>
>>79251466
annoying brat
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.