[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have an Evil Dead or, hell, maybe a Horror B movies thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 14

File: maxresdefault.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
Can we have an Evil Dead or, hell, maybe a Horror B movies thread?
Just finished watching Ash vs Evil Dead and it was pretty fucking fun, what's /tv/'s opinion on it?
>>
>>79251106
Only ever watched the 1st season but it was fucking baller.
>>
>>79251106
I've only seen the first season, but I adored it. If you haven't seen the Re-Animator, check it out. It's a 80's-ass horror movie. The foreign movie called The Beyond is great too.
>>
>The Memevil Reddead
You have to go back
>>
>>79251106
If we're gonna be discussing horror comedy I might as well bring up Deathgasm, which is a fucking masterpiece.
>>
File: 1479048400697.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479048400697.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
>>79251106
Season 1 was baller
Season 2 leaned too heavy on comedy

I think that having the Battlestar Galactica guy as the showrunner is going to help tremendously.
>>
File: drag me to hell.jpg (649KB, 1000x1426px) Image search: [Google]
drag me to hell.jpg
649KB, 1000x1426px
Don't be foolish like I was and disregarded this as a teen summer horror, high quality schlock right here
>>
>>79254437
The font/color scheme is the same one that literally every other fucking shit-tier forgettable jumpscare flick uses, but I saw the first couple minutes on a Rifftrax Best Of video and there's no way comedy wasn't intended. Shit looked incredible.
>>
>>79254282
What movie is that picture from?
>>
>>79254652
Its an episode of Ash vs Evil Dead
>>
>>79254675
are you shitting me? that looks amazing
>>
>>79254733

There was a lot more practical stuff in S2 thankfully
>>
>>79254787
this is good
>>
>>79254787
tadadaaaaa
>>
>>79254927

Posted out of order but fuck it
>>
It's great, but brought down by the sidekicks, especially the girl. At least Pablo has some goofy moments that work, but the strong grill that don't need no Ash is fucking annoying.
>>
>>79251106
Poultrygeist should appeal to Evil Dead fans. You can watch on on Troma Entertainment's Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZxo9AwQxk8

The poster is obviously inspired by Evil Dead II.
>>
>>79254437
The goat scene was GOAT. Pun intended.

Drag Me to Hell (Raimi) and My Soul to Take (2010, Wes Craven) are underated horror kinos.
>>
They live is a fucking clever movie
>>
I've been watching a lot of old b-horror from the 20s to the present recently. I'll list a few that stood out to me.

The Brain that Wouldn't Die (1962) is proto-Re-animator. I'm sure it was based partly on the Herbert West story. Too many similar things in not to be a coincidence. The lesbian is the only human character to survive the movie.

The Cat People (1942). Great movie. I mean it. It may have been made with a low-budget, but the script, the acting, the cinematography, everything works. It's filmed like a film noir. The same guys did Out of the Past, one of the best film noir imho.

Strait-Jacket (William Castle, 1964) Script by the author of Psycho. Joan Crawford acting like a drunk Diva on and off-screen. It's great. It's a slasher with some very effective scenes. A more mature outing for William Castle. Not many gimmicks compared to the other Castle movies I've seen. Speaking of gimmicks, The Tingler (1959) takes the cake. It's more an experience for the viewers than a movie.

The Zero Boys (1986). Saw+Friday the 13th+Wrong Turn+ ...paintball. It's good. The first 10 minutes are dumb (paintball action scene out of Rambo) but it turns into a good suspense after that. The movie looks really good too. Beautifully shot in some places. Some scenes have made a strong impression on me (the human remains/skeletons in the mud under the porch, for example)

If you want some thing sort of Evil Dead-y (cabin in the woods and all that), but without demons, check out The Zero Boys. The trailer on youtube is shit though, it's not an action movie at all.
>>
>>79256006
I thought the ending was super shite and predictable though
>>
>>79255673

what the fuck am i watching holy shit
>>
File: wicker-man-1474744475.jpg (122KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
wicker-man-1474744475.jpg
122KB, 800x450px
if you haven't watched this kino yet then you're doing something wrong
>>
More comedy than horror but still great. Best chase scene in a movie.
>>
>>79256312
this is garbage
>>
>>79256312
There was a cartoon tv series of it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_PrRd-Y56c

But you can't watch AKT without watching it back to back with Killer Klowns from Outer Space. It's the rule.
>>
>>79256312
"Technically sir, tomatoes are fags."
"He means fruits."
>>
>>79256446
I guess I have to watch it now
>>
I am currently watching Ash VS Evil Dead and I think it is an amazing and fun show BUT I can tell that season 2 has a way higher budget and while I don't mind gore and violence and what not I thought season 2 was WAY WAY bloodier than season 1 with way more gore and I have to admit I didn't need ALL that gore. I actually preferred season 1 because it did the trick and wasn't that much in your face just because they suddenly COULD because of a higher budget.
>>
File: Field Freak.jpg (125KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Field Freak.jpg
125KB, 630x1200px
>>79251106
I dont usually like movies built from the ground up to be "B" horror movies, but Field Freak got me laughing my ass off.

Anyone who likes B movies would be all in on it.
>>
>>79256650
Hey look, the full thing is even on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3qFkMYQCRs
>>
>>79254254
yelling reditt everytime is the best sign you came from there. or that you should be in the school.
>>
>>79254282
well.. BSG was shit , so i hope he learnd some new tricks, and doesn't come up with like the reasons why the last showrunner was fired
>>
I don't understand how I spent 20 years of my life without being aware of this.

Hard to find one with more creative kills and general body horror.
By far the craziest B-movie I've ever watched.
>>
File: Ash vs Evil Dead Grid.jpg (1MB, 3000x1687px) Image search: [Google]
Ash vs Evil Dead Grid.jpg
1MB, 3000x1687px
>>
File: 4_kH8B6.jpg (46KB, 726x600px) Image search: [Google]
4_kH8B6.jpg
46KB, 726x600px
>>79251106
Just found a 1998 VHS copy of the Evil Dead toady for under $1

Am I lucky or what? I finally get to watch this movie!
>>
>>79254254
you must be 18+ to post
>>
File: badtaste.jpg (748KB, 799x1130px) Image search: [Google]
badtaste.jpg
748KB, 799x1130px
This movie made me wanna barf.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
one of my fav is this Cemetery Man/Dellamorte Dellamore weird dark comedy horror movie
>>
>>79258095
It's great. It's weird that a side character's movie is better than a Dylan Dog actual movie.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.