[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some movies that happen here? Here are some that I can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: meme.png (96KB, 1280x791px) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
96KB, 1280x791px
What are some movies that happen here? Here are some that I can think of. Can /tv/ think of any more?

NO Las Vegas movies. It's a common subject in the movies and doesn't count. LAS VEGAS IS RIGHT OUT.

Napoleon Dynamite, North by Northwest, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, The Wizard of Oz, The Straight Story, Raising Arizona (?), Dumb and Dumber, SLC Punk...?

I saw an interesting documentary of a town in rural nebraska. My dad's old buddy had retired there, and gave him a DVD of the movie. Basically a math professor moved into the town and was found immolated horribly some months later, so that foul play was suspected, but difficult to establish. Small town RL mystery.
>>
my own private idaho, sort of?
>>
is Fargo?
>>
>>79249956
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monument_Valley
>>
>>79249990

well I'll be damned, you're literally right. For one scene anyway.
>>
>>79249956
Westerns like Tombstone and 3:10 to Yuma are all set in AZ. I was an extra in a shitty sci-fi channel film called Groom Lake, which is also filmed in AZ.
>>
>>79249990
fargo only starts off in fargo, the rest of the movie is in minnesota
>>
>>79249956
Smoke Signals
>John Wayne's teeth ya ho, ya ho.
Are they fake or are they real
Are they wooden or maybe steel
John Wayne's teeth.
>>
>>79249956
Brokeback Mountain
>>
>>79249956
Nebraska
>>
>>79249956
What's eating Gilbert Grape
Nebraska (duh)
>>
>>79249956
Fire in the Sky is set in Arizona. Ayy lmao kino.
>>
>>79249956
Go watch some Jeff Nichols films. I think Shotgun Stories, Take Shelter, Mud, and Midnight Special are all set in that area. I think in Arkansas.
>>
>>79249956
I assume you mean movies set in the modern day or more specifically not about the settlement of the west and battles with the Indians or about developing nuclear bombs.

Cause you've got south park the movie, jackfrost, red dawn, footloose, the wizard of oz,children of the corn, field of dreams, the outsiders, boys don't cry, Thelma and Louise, the grapes of wrath, Tremors, I'm clouding rat race, the hills have eyes, jeepers creepers

And that's not including westerns like Jeremiah Johnson, butch Cassidy, the magnificent seven, etc
>>
Broke back mountain
Mud
The assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert ford
Road house
>>
>>79249956
arrival was literally only 2 months ago you numbnuts
>>
>>79249956
Arrival took place in Montana.

The Revenant took place in the Montana Territory.
>>
>>79249956
A lot of Sicario was filmed in NM.
>>
>>79249956
About Schmidt.
Election.

Really any Alexander Payne movie that isn't The Descendants or Sideways.
>>
>>79249956
Not a movie, but X files had some good episodes set in those states after the production moved to California
>>
>>79249956
>this one
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWmIL4cBFyA

Smallville looks a lot like Junction City.
>>
>>79250712
Set in AZ and TX.
>>
>>79249956
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Films_set_in_the_United_States_by_state
>>
>>79251084
fuck you, i was just about to post that link and tell op to fuck off
>>
>>79251110
Too late buddy boy
>>
File: This_is_KATANAA.jpg (60KB, 480x721px) Image search: [Google]
This_is_KATANAA.jpg
60KB, 480x721px
>>79249956
Steven Seagal Lawman is filmed in Arizona
>>
File: 1454806985802.png (10KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1454806985802.png
10KB, 645x773px
>>79250047
>mfw always used to sing this with my friends in high school
good times
>>
File: raising-arizona-blu-ray-cover-08.jpg (322KB, 1566x2242px) Image search: [Google]
raising-arizona-blu-ray-cover-08.jpg
322KB, 1566x2242px
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.