[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Atlast Plato, I truly have become A Rebel Without A Cause!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_n6s5pxStSj1qm3k33o4_500.gif (1MB, 500x150px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6s5pxStSj1qm3k33o4_500.gif
1MB, 500x150px
>Atlast Plato, I truly have become A Rebel Without A Cause!

Jeeze even the writing in the 50's sucked!
>>
>>79247102
>modern critics who overemphasize Plato's homosexuality

It's much more important to understand that he sees Jim as a father figure.
>>
>>79247102

and the acting. mainly because they used stage acting where gestures and expressions have to be over-emphasized to be seen by the audience who're not sitting very close to the stage. unfortunately, some old geezers think that if you don't act like that then they consider the acting wooden.

>>79247125

critics are just people who express their opinions in a loud voice pretending they're experts.
>>
>>79247272
>critics are just people who express their opinions in a loud voice pretending they're experts.
Even Roger Ebert, who I really respect, makes way too big a deal out of it.
>>
>>79247125
Plato is very obviously gay though.
>>
>>79247383
I'm not saying he isn't. I'm just saying that's not the most important part. It's much more important to understand that he sees Jim as the father figure in his life. When they all go out to the old mansion, Jim and Judy assume the roles of father and mother, while Plato is the child. That's all he wants, is to have a family. That's why he respects Jim so much and listens to him during his breakdown.

The gay thing figures into it, but that's not the main thing.
>>
>>79247125
>>79247383
Everyone was gay for James Dean
>>
>>79247102
He died driving only 13 miles per hour.

What kind of Chinese finger box were cars made of back then?
>>
File: Giles.jpg (210KB, 900x1314px) Image search: [Google]
Giles.jpg
210KB, 900x1314px
>Into every generation, a Buffy the Vampire Slayer is born

hmm, that line could have used some trimming
>>
>>79247499
I'd die to sniff that jacket.
>>
>>79247375

well, it is their source of income so they need people to listen or watch or read their opinions. but they basically have the same level of "expertise" as any person who watches a lot of movies.
>>
>>79247102
wait so is he a rebel for no reason or is he a rebel without a set goal in mind?

i don't get it
>>
>>79247569

methinks you meant to post in the buffy thread where coincidinkirinkidinkally i'm also posting
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.