[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2001 has no plot and is overly slow >ohh but it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1486508073432.jpg (438KB, 2593x2253px) Image search: [Google]
1486508073432.jpg
438KB, 2593x2253px
>2001 has no plot and is overly slow
>ohh but it's so beautiful! muh cinematography
>100% RT 4/4 Roger Ebert

>this movie does the exact same thing, maybe even better
>box office bomb and critics tear it apart
>>
what movie faggot
>>
>>79245445
Beyond the Black Rainbow
>>
>2001 has no plot
t. didn't watch the movie
>>
Y'know, time of release is kind of important when comparing the two.

2001 wasn't released recently AND it was a major step forward in SFX in film -- just look at one of the movies it was up against in FX awards that year: Ice Station Zebra.

Beyond the Black Rainbow came out, what, 50 years later?

Eitherway, Beyond the Black Rainbow is just a vehicle for the visuals, nothing more.

2001 does have some questionable depth.
>>
>>79245521
>2001
>questionable depth

t. pleb
>>
Beyond The Black Rainbow > 2001

If you're going to watch a slow paced film, watch this one instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyZiiq2Up5w&ab_channel=Shudder
>>
>>79245577
2001 is an experiment in pretentiousness

the beauty didn't come from the film. Kubrick's intention was to display the rampant egotism of humanity still present in real life and 2001 was his way to do it.

It was 2deep4u on purpose so fans would hate others who didn't like it to boost their own ego, showing how we are still monkeys like in the beginning of the movie, despite creating things so beautiful.
>>
>>79245707
The movie is about a neurotic robot who couldn't come to terms with its programming and had to kill its human crewmates during Humanity's biggest pop quiz set up by the aliens that promoted our evolution into a technologically advanced species to prep us for the next leg of our evolution.
>>
Its a cult classic here
>>
>>79245427
>>2001 has no plot
it does. pay attention maybe.
>and is overly slow
it's well paced for a film of this length. you're just an insufferable pleb.
>>ohh but it's so beautiful! muh cinematography
the cinematography isn't the reason this film is so highly praised. you're clueless.

>>this movie does the exact same thing, maybe even better
can you explain this? how does BTBR do the exact same thing?
>>box office bomb and critics tear it apart
rightly so. it was shit.
>>
>>79245427
>if they sound similar in a basic description they're of similar queslity
>>
for anyone who doesnt understand it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztaZo-qsrTE
>>
>>79249059
deeper than muh space and muh classical music
>>
>>79249059
>>79250370
I'll watch the movie later, but for now *farts in your face* take a wiff
>>
>>79250431
mmmmmm... delectable, my dear
>>
>>79245427
i don't think you can watch it on the cell phone and get the same effect as the Loews Astor theatre
>>
>>79245521
>2001
>came out in 1968
WTF?
I watched it but thought it came out in 2000, pretty good fx
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.