[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Refn Writing, Directing Crime Series "To Old to Die Young"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: nicolas-winding-refn.jpg (166KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
nicolas-winding-refn.jpg
166KB, 670x377px
And so the Platinum Age of Television heralded by The Young Pope continues thusly

>The drama, titled “Too Old To Die Young,” has been greenlit with a straight-to-series order with 10 episodes, according to sources. The show will shoot this fall in Los Angeles.

>“Too Old To Die Young” explores the criminal underbelly of Los Angeles. The series is described as being in a similar vein to Refn’s Pusher trilogy, which looked at Danish criminals caught up in the drug trade. It explores various characters’ existential journeys from being killers to becoming samurai’s in the city of angels.

>Refn will serve as co-writer with Ed Brubaker, who will be an executive producer. Refn will also direct the series and produce it.

>The project is eyeing several big-name stars — Variety sources have mentioned three notable male actors who have been offered roles, though no deals have been made.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/amazon-nicolas-winding-refn-1201980642/
>>
File: IMG_8844.jpg (135KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8844.jpg
135KB, 764x551px
>tfw to intelligent to die young
>>
>>79235999
Oh fuck me. This is gonna be kino, isn't it?

If you'd mentioned Michael Mann was involved I might have just came everywhere.
>>
>I die
Jesus Christ Refn
>>
>>79235999
The next True Detective. Pure Kino.
>>
>>79235999
It will be terrible
>>
File: IMG_5523.jpg (36KB, 666x565px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5523.jpg
36KB, 666x565px
>>79235999
>being killers to becoming samurai’s in the city of angels.
I don't even know how the fuck you're bringing the Samurai into this but I'm 100% hype as fuck
>>
>>79236113
>my death is a little young
>so is mine

fucking Refn what a piece of shit
>>
snore snore criminal underbelly blah blah blah no thanks
>>
It could go either way. Make this right Refn we want K I N O
>>
>>79236201
It's a Ghost Dog spinoff.
>>
Is he still doing his weeb spy film?
>>
File: lesamourai2.jpg (140KB, 1280x694px) Image search: [Google]
lesamourai2.jpg
140KB, 1280x694px
>huh........i guess we were not pusher but le samourai all along

jesus christ refn
>>
>The series is described as being in a similar vein to Refn’s Pusher trilogy

hyped as fuck
>>
Hardy, Mads, or the goose?
>>
>>79235999
Checked, and it's just from one hype to the other. First I'm hyped for Young Pope, Young Pope is airing now I'm hyped for this. TV is good this year.
>>
Wasn't Trier doing a tv series about a serial killer? What happened with that?
>>
>Young Pope
>Twin Peaks
>Ballad of Buster Scruggs
>this
Truly, an era of tvkino. Thank you, Trump
>>
>>79236716
Just imagine Refn writing something like the Pusher Trilogy using the aesthetics he's been developing since Bronson. A perfect blend of Naturalism and Surrealism.
>>
godammit. I was gonna kill myself this year. now I have to wait for this first
>>
>>79236972
Honestly Pusher is perfect as it is. No need for changes.
Though he will probably make use of them since LA aesthetic will be a good idea and probs a major element of the movie. Just guessing
>>
>>79236898
http://variety.com/2016/film/global/lars-von-triers-the-house-that-jack-built-new-details-emerge-1201774572/
>>
Fuck yes.

Refn is the best director n planet at moment. Kubrick's visual heir.
>>
>>79236972
Yeah that's what I'm imagining as well

I'd love that. Basically a grittier Drive
>>
>>79235999
>Ed Brubaker
Wait, is that the comic book writer? If so then get fucking hyped cuz he's great.
>>
>>79235999
great, another fucking crime story set in Los Angeles. love me some Refn, but, jeez, that shit has been done to death and then some. oh well, i'll watch because Refn.
>>
>>79238741
i wouldn't say great. he's okay in an industry (comics) where a large portion of the writing is beyond dreadful. his Criminal series is a fun read but nothing that hasn't been written and rewritten in hundreds of noirs before. The Fade Out is so full of the same old cliches i had to stop reading. nah, i'm not excited in the least if Brubaker's writing the series. i'd rather someone who has some experience writing for adults.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.