[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Decided to get into old movies and such, just finished watching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: rear window.jpg (20KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
rear window.jpg
20KB, 182x268px
Decided to get into old movies and such, just finished watching Rear Window, and honestly it was pretty disappointing. It had a bit of charm to it with the look of the set being made to be very obvious and everything always being open but it was incredibly boring. What did you lads think of it?
>>
>>79233024
>normies trying to into art
not even once.

just stick to playing with your toys, kiddo
>>
File: 51P7b3pf8TL[1].jpg (42KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
51P7b3pf8TL[1].jpg
42KB, 354x500px
>>79233024
Just watch Disturbia, it's basically the same movie but better.
>>
>>79233097
lol
>>
>>79233024
the ending was fucking hilarious
>>
I don't think it's all that great either.
>>
>>79233024
Rear Window is one of the best thrillers of all time.
>>
It's a 'classic', take that as you will
>>
>>79233139
>I read this on the back of the box.
>>
Strangers on a train is the true Hitchcock kino
>>
>>79233139
Didn't feel any thrills, just felt bored.

Like when he was attacked by Thorwald, why did Thorwald just keep walking towards him very slowly with his eyes open despite being "blinded" a bunch of times already? Just close your eyes and run at the guy jesus.
>>
>>79233024

A lot of reputed classics aren't very good and that includes a lot of Hitchcock movies. Watch The Birds, it's great.

>>79233097

I was surprised at how terrible this was.
>>
>>79233024
I found Rear Window pretty enjoyable, Vertigo though, was unberably boring, watched it in 2x for the most part.
>>
>>79233210
you disgust me
>>
>>79233024
North By Northwest is Hitchcock's most kino film.

Don't watch it, though, because you're a pleb and you won't like it.
>>
>>79233024
Hitchcock was the Michael Bay of his time (and he was hated by critics until Truffaut and some other Nouvelle Vague related critics began defending him) and his films are mainly acclaimed by directors because of how brilliant they are on a technical level. Very few Hitchcock films will be enjoyable for you unless you're into the technique of it all.
>>
>>79233139

It really isnt. It has very good prolonged shots for its time, the camera shots crossing the courtyard and into or out of Stewarts apartment are pretty good. This combined with the fact that it was a thriller movie and not a drama made it new and exciting, it was a combination of camera techniques and genre not seen before.

Its a classic and worth watching, but to say its one of the best thrillers of all time is plain wrong.
>>
File: look at the lens.png (520KB, 811x496px) Image search: [Google]
look at the lens.png
520KB, 811x496px
How did Hitchcock get way with this?
>>
start with White Heat, How to Kill a Mockingbird, North by Northwest, Rope, Strangers on a Train, The Great Escape, Dial M for Murder, The Sting or Vertigo. In my opinion far superior movies to Rear Window. Anybody have some more like the movies I mentioned? Girlfriend is gone tonight and I turned my phone off so I'll have time to watch some good shit.
>>
>>79233365
>This combined with the fact that it was a thriller movie and not a drama made it new and exciting
You are 100% talking out of your ass, thrillers have existed for as long as cinema, Hitch himself had been making them for 30 years already by Rear Window
>>
>>79233484
Thanks friend, I'll get started on those. Aside from Rear Window I've seen 12 Angry Men as well, and I loved it, was great.
>>
>>79233548
Seen it already and forgot to mention it. Thanks though mate
>>
>>79233097

>but better.

We share a board with these plens
>>
>>79233210
>watched it in 2x for the most part.

Found your problem, you're an autist
>>
>>79233024
I think you're a filthy plebeian
>>
>>79233210
>he doesn't like Vertigo
gtfo pleb
>>
Last movie I watch was pic related. Loved it. These old movies have this charm and atmosphere about them that I love.
>>
File: rearhed.jpg (38KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
rearhed.jpg
38KB, 640x430px
What's his endgame?
>>
>>79233139

This, but sadly it's not very re-watchable as it really doesn't work that well when you know what happens.
>>
>>79233097
>starring Shia LeMeme
>>
File: rear-window-burr-stewart2.jpg (54KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
rear-window-burr-stewart2.jpg
54KB, 500x333px
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>79235139
odd, I feel the exact opposite. It's so good that I can rewatch it anytime and it still manages to be just ad good even though I know the plot by heart
>>
just give up, film isn't for you.
>>
>>79235139
I find it maximum comfy. Plays differently of course, the tension is far less but i appreciate the characters more, especially the snarky nurse.
>>
>>79235119
being /our guy/
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.