[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It wasn't bad you mongs, it suffers a bit from poor choices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

File: Prometheusposterfixed.jpg (113KB, 350x519px) Image search: [Google]
Prometheusposterfixed.jpg
113KB, 350x519px
It wasn't bad you mongs, it suffers a bit from poor choices in post-production editing like cutting away dialogue between the space jockey and weyland and changing fifield into a zombie instead of a humanoid xenomorph like in the deleted scenes
>>
>>79225477
I actually liked this movie though...
>>
It was bad you mong, it suffers from everything but decent mies-en-scene, the script is a convoluted, ultimately empty mess.
>>
File: noomi.jpg (263KB, 1300x867px) Image search: [Google]
noomi.jpg
263KB, 1300x867px
so cute <3
>>
>>79225545
Nothing in it was convoluted. You probably picking on it because "it didn't give me muh closure xD muh setup, confrontation, reward/climad xD", but then you dont criticize anybody else for doing the same, especially star wars
>>
>>79225608
The way you speak is embarrassing.
The ridiculous ways the humans acted to further the plot, the meaningless motivations of the engineers, the contrived circumstances of the goo/creature/xeno.
>>
>>79225562

Noomi is a cute but her tits are literal 0/10s
>>
>>79225562
>>79225663
You all heard about the sequel, right? Apparently she doesn't make it, and all they find is her tags in the crashed Engineer ship she and David piloted.
>>
>>79225750
Well thats ok i trust Ridley hasn't made a bad movie yet
>>
>expecting the dumbest board on the dumbest website to appreciate anything with a moderate amount of complexity

You can predict almost anything's reception here by asking yourself what a complete moron would think.
>>
>>79225800
this

This film was to smart for this childish board
>>
>>79225477
The two guys going full scooby doo mode in caves is retarded
Ryan Atwoods brother's motivation makes zero sense in the movie. He just go full emo depressed for what reason?
Robot Dave was good because emotionless is Fassbenders only acting trick
Med bed abortion is shit
Running straight ahead while something rolls at you in an open area is dumb

>the movie looks and sounds absolutely gorgeous
>>
File: fucking_retarded.jpg (53KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
fucking_retarded.jpg
53KB, 600x400px
>>79225477

There were serious character contradictory behavior that really ruined it.

Biologist- AHHHHH ALIENS RUN AWAY
" - AHH ALIENTS WITH THEIR CHEST BURST OPEN IN A BIG PILE
(back to the scary room)
" - OOH A SNAKE ALIEN STRIKING AT ME, LETS TOUCH IT

Also, ship mapper gets lost.

Only explanation is the ship was full of random crappy character behavior gas.
>>
>>79225644
>the meaningless motivations of the engineers

Mysterious =! meaningless, fatty.

>the contrived circumstances of the goo/creature/xeno

There's nothing contrived about it, it's a weapon that interacts with DNA, meaning it produces different results depending on the DNA it interacts with, which is great and opens up wide opportunities for creativity. Apparently that's too difficult for you to grasp. Go watch an Arnold movie.
>>
>>79225830
>tfw too smart to be good
>>
>>79225948
Being smooth glowing albino monsters that freak the fuck out isnt mysterious, it's disappointing and demystifying. Yeah, wow, you follow how the goo works, but narratively it's not executed in an interesting way. It's just a series of things that happen.
>>
>>79225941
>that
>a contradiction

You're dumb as fuck, human fear isn't just a direct threat assessment. Humanoid alien corpses provoke an entirely different set of thoughts than a simple snake-like creature does.

>Also, ship mapper gets lost.

He wasn't the mapper, he was carrying mapping devices which were relaying information back to the ship, not back to him.
>>
>>79226071

You can do a poor job defending the shitty movie all you like. That biologist character did nothing that made sense.
>>
>>79226004
>a fucking retard from /tv/ thinks vaguely describing something's characteristics are an argument

Every time.

Also you were talking about the motivations of the engineers, not the engineers themselves. How does the engineers being a certain color "demystify" their motivations or anything about them at all? You're hilariously stupid and I'd bet anything you're extremely overweight.
>>
>>79226117
What is up w/ all the fat stuff dude? Projection?

I think you're an autist who thinks following what happens in a movie makes it good. Congrats, you followed each plot point, but films are also supposed to be creative and interesting. This was not. You're too young to remember but the Jockeys/ Engineers were an awesomely spooky, mysterious facet of the Alien lore. This film demolished that in a really deflating way. There's a lot wrong with it. One of which is stakes and emotional investment. Alien had an immense sense of dread, Aliens kicked it up to fever pitch. We cared about Ripley, we felt like we were stuck there with her. It was successful. There is no investment in this film, no investment. It looked nice, that's it.
>>
>>79226095
You're so unintelligent that you think there's something contradictory about a human being having fears that aren't direct threat assessments. This is especially hilarious because to understand how bad this argument is, you only have to be smart enough to draw on your own life experiences, times where you've been more fearful of things which posed no actual threat to you. For example, I love jumping out of airplanes, but going to a wake disturbs me to the core, and it creeps me out that religious freaks like to pump dead bodies full of chemicals and sew their mouths shut and put them in an open coffin for people to gawk at.
>>
>>79226205

The biologist made no sense. You can keep calling me names if it makes you feel better.
>>
>>79226258
>The biologist made no sense

This isn't a valid statement if it's coming from a person with low intelligence. You aren't smart enough to determine whether or not something makes sense. You have jarringly false preconceptions about fear and human behavior in general. I think even the average kid knows enough that they'd mock you for thinking there's a contradiction in a person fearing a humanoid corpse and not a small animal. Literally every single person on Earth would be called "badly written" by you if they were put into a movie script.
>>
>>79225941
They were stoned
>>
File: prometheus_noomi_rapac-620x400.jpg (39KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
prometheus_noomi_rapac-620x400.jpg
39KB, 620x400px
>>79225477
I agree. It's still one of my favorites. Every time I read a complaint on /tv/ its by someone really upset that they didn't get it, or calling Damon Lindelof a hack, even though he only did the second screenplay rewrite that made David a bit less ominous.

I think the people complaining don't understand that the Engineers were religious believers in their bio-engineering lower lifeforms across the galaxy because they wanted to be the dominant species. David was an abomination to their beliefs, and they sought to destroy humans for creating such artificial life forms.
>>
>>79226308
Watch the movie again or you're trolling. Those big aliens were dead, then there's a pile of them mysteriously with exploded chest, then you go into the room before that you ran away from and find a living alient that rises yp like a cobra and strikes at you and you're urge is to touch it. That's fucking retarded. My last post here, keep calling names like a troll.
>>
>>79226199
Prometheus has a thousand times more creativity and intrigue than Alien does, so now I know you're just a brain dead nostalgia drone.
>>
>>79226320

THAT'S maybe true and makes the movie better.
>>
>>79226356
>Prometheus has a thousand times more creativity and intrigue than Alien does

I'm also out. Have a good one anon.
>>
>>79226355
He approached the snake because he was wearing a literal suit of armor and he was trying to impress the geologist, which was set up by every single scene he was in starting from the beginning. He makes a comment during the mission brief and looks around to see if people are agreeing with him because he's desperate for approval.

Your criticisms are complete garbage and based on bad logic. Every single person who dislikes this movie is a fucking moron.
>>
>>79226355
They were literally smoking weed, making them act recklessly

You want this movie to be bad and it's really not
>>
>>79226377
That's an objective fact, it's not even a point of contention. Alien is set mainly in a factory, it's one of the dullest science fiction movies ever made. If you're the type of person who thinks "monster hunts down group one by one" is a good plot for a movie then you'd enjoy it, but for anyone else it's painfully boring and dull.
>>
>>79226396
>Every single person who dislikes this movie is a fucking moron.

AKA I troll u, and that's the only response any person in this thread will get.
>>
>>79226429

I wanted this movie to be good very strongly and the shit the characters did ruined it.
>>
>>79226370
It is true. Once they leave the group there's a short few seconds where the asshole reveals to the geologist that he has some in his suit. The way they joke about it implies they both then proceed to get stoned as fuck, and in the next few scenes they become idiotic jokesters.

I understand that you missed it, I only caught the significance of the shot during a rewatch.
>>
>>79226484
>minor side characters whose only purpose is to be obnoxious and then die to the threat
>ruined the movie

Even if your criticisms were correct you'd still be an idiot.
>>
Bump for appreciation of the best Alien film and fatties please fuck off
>>
>>79225477
The overblown, vitriolic hate that Prometheus has gotten over the last decade is a clear example of herd mentality. Fortunately, it won't last for long.
>>
>>79227445
Thank you, finally some one gets it
>>
File: IMG_9210.png (315KB, 639x262px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9210.png
315KB, 639x262px
>>79225477
Magic space flute....
>>
>>79227661
You sound extremely upset by the fact that someone likes what you don't like.
>>
I thought it was okay.

But what was the point of having Guy Pearce in a latex mask? Couldn't they have gotten a guy that looked old?

Also. Noomi's accent always makes me kek.
>>
>its a sci-fi horror prequel thriller b-movie love story episode.

right after they land the ship this film goes to "la buff" ie shit.
>>
>>79227661
Not at all, but it is plentiful with people who believe a movie's worth is either entirely all good or all bad based on their individual opinion.
As if a child dropping a toy never satisfied regardless there are those that take joy in disliking everything that others appreciate.
>>
>>79225477
The pacing felt really weird in this one.

Like the first 2/3's of the movie nothing happened then suddenly everything happened in 1 minute.
>>
>>79227777
A ton of stuff happened in the first 2/3rds, sounds like you didn't watch it.
>>
>>79227747
your right, i discovered that i love the cock :(
>>
>>79227777
>pacing felt really weird

That seemed intentional.

>Like the first 2/3's of the movie nothing happened then suddenly everything happened in 1 minute.

I completely disagree.
>>
>>79227809
Well I mean there was a lot of buildup, but I didn't remember it having that sort of usual small issues that start to ramp up until the big one happens.

>like it was traveling to planet
>investigating planet
>investigating aliens
>SHIT GOES DOWN HOLY FUCK

Granted it's been a while since I saw it so I might just be missremembering.
>>
ITT
>the movie is gud if you turn off your brain guise
Are you incapable of critical thinking or just plain retarded?

FUCK OFF
>>
>>79227750
>Couldn't they have gotten a guy that looked old?

You can't seriously be asking that? This movie came out years ago, and most anyone whose bothered to look it up knows that there were scenes cut out that show Weyland younger.
>>
>>79227917
Yeah but even so most of the time they just have a young actor and a old actor that more or less looks like the young actor.

I could never stop seeing him as Guy Pearce in a latex mask. I was waiting for something special to happen like he found some alien thing that made him look young again or they would introduce some Android version of him being young but nope. Just Guy Pearce in a latex mask.
>>
>>79227777
Checked.
The pacing was fine, its mirrored alien which also has a really slow first two acts that introduce the characters and then starts layering tension and suspense untill the ayy finally gets blown out of an airlock.

The script is where nearly all the flaws come in, lindeloff mystery box bullshit abounds and drags down whats otherwise a really simple narrative, and requires characters to act unnaturally for no reason but to further the plot.
Scott is a wonderful technical director, all his movies look amazing, but hes got autism when it comes to scripts and he can't elevate the human element unless its built into the script itself.
>>
>>79227910
>turn your brain off

If anything they're telling you to turn your brain on, you drooling cunt.
>>
>>79228028
>requires characters to act unnaturally for no reason but to further the plot

None of them acted unnaturally, and even if they did none of said actions were necessary to further the plot. It was deliberately written because their actions were perfectly natural and given context. Tiny adjustments could have easily been made to alleviate all of the "problems" morons see in what the characters do; none of them were crucial to the plot at all.
>>
>>79227966

The scene cut out which shows him talking at TED talks in 2023.

https://vimeo.com/50383392
>>
>>79228030
Low effort you misarable cunt
>>
summary of this thread- if you disagree you're a moron

others keep posting and see how it goes
>>
>>79228028

There are clear reasons the scene >>79228091 was removed, because it messes up the timeline from when the Engineers would have decided Earth needed to be eradicated of humans and artificial lifeforms.

The Engineers specifically wanted to destroy Earth's inhabitants because of the artificial lifeforms created.

>characters to act unnaturally for no reason

That's just you unable to grasp that they're in a different time. Your lack of imagination doesn't mean the film is badly done, but in fact because of your short fall you get angry.
If you want the answers, stop crying like baby demanding its dumb, and think with your own brain. I'm serious. You might think this is an insult, but it really isn't. Your self imposed limits keep you from accepting what is provided. Your own prejudices keeping you from being open minded.
>>
>>79228391
I bet you masturbate to The Leftovers, am I right?
>>
>>79228572
No. Why are you here?
>>
>>79228391
>people acting dumb isn't dumb
FUCK OFF
>>
>>79228775
Why are you here?
>>
>>79228744
>>79228811
Because a white giant jizzed into a river so he could create a weapon or something and then kill me later on.
>>
>>79228877

makes sense

expand your mind, don't be an idiot. disagree and you are dumb! #trollinu
>>
File: suck mommies tit.jpg (157KB, 819x1123px) Image search: [Google]
suck mommies tit.jpg
157KB, 819x1123px
>>79228877

In that case I suggest that this is what you really need.
>>
>>79228811
I'm unfortunately sucked into this stupidity vortex, can't believe you refuse to see the illogic bullshits in the his movie
>>
>>79229126
>can't believe you

I'm already aware of your limited imagination...Here, tell your mommie you're hungry >>79229016
>>
>>79229187
NP m8, just enjoy illogic dreck
>>
>>79229318
You're also way too slow. I give up out of boredom with your slow ass.
>>
>>79229187
At least sucking on mommie's tit produces something of substance, unlike when you suck at Damon Lindelof's.
>>
>>79229359
WAY, WAAAAAAY too slow a reply to that....
>>
>>79229359
Listen if you're thinking about penis over tit so much maybe dick is more your thing.
>>
>DUDE LETS JUST COMPLETELY IGNORE QUARANTINE LMAO
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.