[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

worth a watch? I've read like 2/3 of the books but it was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

worth a watch?
I've read like 2/3 of the books but it was so long ago I barely remember anything
>>
>>79217542
I watch just for Patrick Warburtons dick
>>
I'm watching it now. I watched about 10 minutes the night it was released and was kind of disgusted by the bizarrely comical tone and the terrible lighting, so I turned it off.
I started watching again today and I found it a lot more palatable once I understood the tone they were going for.
So it's pretty good. It's funny, they're sticking to the books, and they're setting things up very well. I have two big problems with it. First, way too comical. Even when dark things are happening, it plays itself like a parody of Wes Anderson and just comes off as excessively whimsical. The 2004 film went a little too far in the other direction, but at least it wasn't afraid of actually having some tonal variation and being genuinely dramatic. Second, NPH is honestly just garbage. He tries, he tries so hard, but he's just not intimidating or scary. He's a thin guy with a high voice. Even when he's not wearing a costume, it doesn't feel like he's a real person (he's not; NPH is wearing prosthetics). Again, Carrey just matches the role better; his problem was having a bad script to work with.
So yeah. It's pretty good. I'm having fun watching it.
>>
>>79217769
Oh yeah and I also miss Emily Browningfu
>>
>>79217769
Couldn't agree more about the tone, but I though NPH was decent.
>>
>>79218041
NPH's acting is generally pretty good and I'm about as satisfied with it as I could have hoped for, but he just doesn't have the physicality to pull it off. That's my real problem with it.
>>
>>79217542
Its not bad, not great but not bad, if you've got 8hrs to kill sure
>>
>>79217834
this desu
>>
its good for a netflix show. most netflix shows are b grade garbage.
>>
>>79217542
There are more than 3 books, dude.
>>
>>79217834
They got a girl that looks like her but put her in shitty clothes and not the gothloli costumes from the movie. When Emily Browning tied up her hair i was dimonds, but when this girl does it, it doesn't even twitch
>>
>>79217769
>Carrey just matches the role better; his problem was having a bad script to work with.

I have a feeling Olaf's more outlandish moments were Carrey's improvisation and not the script
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.