[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finally got around to watching this. It was pretty underwhelming,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (79KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 400x400px
I finally got around to watching this. It was pretty underwhelming, didn't blow me away like the first one did.

Of course I was only 7 when the first one came out, but still, was there something objectively lesser about this one, or can it really all be chalked up to the age difference?

Discuss.
>>
You shouldn't mention your age if you are so criminally underage.

You shouldn't have reddit spacing if you want to have a worthwhile "discussion" here.

Your grammar sucks.

Discuss.

I was initially disappointed because it left the ocean so quickly, but the characters were adequate. I wanted highly detailed reefs and ocean exploration, and instead it seems they used the detail in textures and particles. I didn't notice that much of a visual improvement over Finding Nemo.
And the parents waiting outside of the pipes was retarded both in terms of logic and in terms of a shitty resolution to the story.
>>
>>79210634
21 is not underage.

If this is how reddit spaces things (I wouldn't know cause I don't go there, but I'll trust your expertise), then that's a plus for them. This is easier to read.

Who cares about grammar?

Yeah the parents waiting there was a lame resolution
>>
File: image.jpg (120KB, 970x647px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 970x647px
I agree. The whole thing felt phoned in. But I suspect it's the age thing because my nephews and their friends thought it was even better than the first one when I took them to see it.
>>
>>79210496
I liked the physical comedy with the octopus, but that's literally it. Pixar has made exactly one good sequel and that's Toy Story 2.
>>
>>79210496
Finding Dory > Finding Nemo

sure, i loved it too, as a kid, but on a rewatch Nemo is one of the lesser Pixar efforts imo
>>
The intro made me wish we could get a fish movie without dialogue. It would be impressive to see a tale about a fish trying to find her way home without relying on "oh no the baby voice is sad".
>related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGUs_Eqd3zY

>>79211174
As someone who thinks Finding Nemo is one of the best Pixar movies, I agree it was pretty simple on a recent rewatch. It's just a perfect execution.
For instance, P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way Sydney, Australia feels like something that is naturally ingrained into your subconscious as you watch the movie. However, "The Jewel of Morro Bay California" is hammered into dialogue like 12 times within the first 30 minutes and then doesn't even have any real payoff to the phrase.
>>
It's a kids movie faggot. They're not trying to impress you. Go back and watch Nemo without the nostalgia glasses and you'll realize it's actually pretty unremarkable.
>>
>>79210496
Same here, its more kiddie oriented tbqh. Toy Story 3 is probably the last one i enjoy from Pixar. I am quite surprised 'Dory' got that much critical acclaim, but i guess that's different taste.
>>
who /thought that Toy Story 3 was overrated/ here?

wasn't bad by any means, but it didn't live up to the first 2 in my eyes.
>>
>>79211425
>I am quite surprised 'Dory' got that much critical acclaim, but i guess that's different taste.
It's funny because that's the general opinion of Toy Story 3 on here.

I'm disappointed Newt got cancelled, and that the Last Dinosaur has that unwatchable art style. I wish Pixar would come up with a new idea. I also wish I didn't just google 'Pixar movies'.
2017: Cars 3
2018: Incredibles 2
2019: Toy Story 4
>>
>>79211374
You sound like you're trying to impress someone.
>>
>>79211559
I think its as good or even better than the second at least. Good story, decent villain, and the theme actually hit closer to home for me, we have been built up with this theme of maturity since the second and to finally see how it plays out is quite satisfying.
>>
>>79210911
21 is not underage. If this is how reddit spaces things (I wouldn't know cause I don't go there, but I'll trust your expertise), then that's a plus for them. This is easier to read. Who cares about grammar? Yeah the parents waiting there was a lame resolution

21 is not underage.
If this is how reddit spaces things (I wouldn't know cause I don't go there, but I'll trust your expertise), then that's a plus for them. This is easier to read.
Who cares about grammar?
Yeah the parents waiting there was a lame resolution

How are either of these hard to read?
>>
It really wasn't good. Nemo and Dad barely had anything of consequence to do, so much that when they did appear it felt like obligatory filler. Having them lost in the same building is not nearly as dramatic as lost across the ocean
>>
I wrote a 200 word essay last year about Finding Nemo and how the villain in the film was humans.

What the fuck is the antagonist of Finding Dory? What's the message?
>>
>>79210496
>was there something objectively lesser about this one

It was a number of things, but one of them was definitely the setting.

Yes they both take place underwater, but Finding Nemo took place in australia. Something about the those aussie accents, and just taking place around locations like the great barrier reef, the Sydney harbour etc just made it different and unique from most american-made movies
>>
>>79210496
> let me lecture you on the cinema quality of a child's movie

Don't you have a pepe macro to be posting in /poz/
>>
>>79213354
> bingle tucka walla dickey doo mate
no, you're still unimportant
>>
>>79211374
No
Finding Nemo is objectively animated kino
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.