[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Admit it You would have HATED Ledger if his dialogue consisted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: Joker1-800x400.jpg (85KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
Joker1-800x400.jpg
85KB, 800x400px
Admit it

You would have HATED Ledger if his dialogue consisted of lines such as

>the FIRE in my loins! The ITCH in my CROTCH!
>i got a bottle of grape soda and a bear skin rug waitin'!
>*gay purring*
>this handsome HUNKA HUNKA!!
>oh ya don't want no beef? Don't want no beef huh? DontwantnoBEEF?!
>This bird is baked!

Let's face it, Leto dindu nuffin. You say he was 'trying too hard' but anyone would sound stupid saying all those stupid lines. I'm picturing Heath reciting those lines and it's even more cringeworthy.

Most of you don't want him to return and all the hate and complaining is more 'tryhard' than his performance. Deep down you know that Jared is the Joker we've all been waiting for for years if he had a competent writer mapping it out. I want him back for the Batman.
>>
>>79180727
>actors have no say in what their lines are
I'm fairly sure that Leto wanted it that way
>>
File: jaredpranks.jpg (73KB, 396x467px) Image search: [Google]
jaredpranks.jpg
73KB, 396x467px
>>
>>79180727
His acting was objectively worse than Ledger's. It wasn't just the fault of the writer and the director. If Ledger were given those lines and that design, he still would have been better, because he was a better actor, and he understood the Joker more.
>>
is /tv/ 95% reddit these days, or worse, /v/eddit? nolanshit has always been garbage and the dark knight is one of the most boring and contradictory movies of all time. if you like any of that nolan shit you're a redditor faggot who doesn't belong here. no exceptions
>>
>>79180727
im fairly confident leto played a big part in the jokers dialogue
>>
File: jaredletoprank.png (335KB, 501x502px) Image search: [Google]
jaredletoprank.png
335KB, 501x502px
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>Naturally, the moment the Joker arrived on set, he was ready to show off his dedication to the role and his co-workers. While he missed the first few days of shooting, he let his fellow cast and crew know that he was taking the job very seriously, by sending them a nice video message and a dead hog. Why? No idea. What does a pig have to do with anything?

>“When he steps onto the set the world stops,” Ayer told Total Film. “Everything stops. What he’s done is so powerful, so menacing, and so palpable, you can feel him. The crew stops working and just watches him. I have to get everybody going again because he’s so fascinating.”

>In an interview with ComicBook.com, Karen Fukuhara, who plays Katana in the film, explains that each time she approached the Joker, this is how their conversation went:
>“Hi, I’m Karen”
>“Haaaaa.”

>https://www.inverse.com/article/14901-every-insane-thing-jared-leto-did-as-the-joker-on-set-of-suicide-squad

Haaaaa.
>>
>>79180727
I hate both jokers though
>>
But Heath Ledgers Joker is just a Tom Waits impression

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsRbhBXPgKk
>>
>>79180854

If you believe that, you sir are retarded. Leto shared no scenes with Will Smith or any of the rest of them, probably never said more than hi. It was all for hype. You can tell from the behind the scenes footage that he was just goofing around and wasn't really 'immersed in the role' like they all claimed.
>>
>>79180763
>>79180821
I get the humour in Leto being some crazy eccentric rockstar who is responsible for his Joker, but I haven't seen any evidence.
>>
>>79180816
Lmao, now we would like to see your sane side.
>>
>>79180821

Under the Jew's strict oversight of the movie they made so many changes to in order to achieve maximum profit?
>>
>>79180727
>"what doesnt kill you makes you... stranger!"
Ledger sold that shitty line
>>
>>79180727
Ledger's joker > Leto's joker

Just face it once and for all you stupid duckface. Ledger have been the best joker and always will be.
>>
>>79181363

I'd say it was the reveal and the music swell that sold it. If he said that while he was sitting in the interrogation room with no music it would have sounded dumber.
>>
>>79180727
>i got a bottle of grape soda
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>79180727
not a fan of either tbqh
>>
File: icp.jpg (96KB, 960x959px) Image search: [Google]
icp.jpg
96KB, 960x959px
>>79181444

Faygo
>>
>>79181363
i thought that line was from aeon flux
>>
>>79181424
is true Nolan had vision he knew what he wanted before strating to roll the cameras but you are giving too little credit to Ledger
>>
File: 1483428227375.jpg (74KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1483428227375.jpg
74KB, 1024x768px
>>79181409
>Ledger have been the best joker and always will be.
Nope. Fucking middleschooler. Nolan's Batman, Alfred, Joker, Bane, and Talia bewilder me. Either all the actors are magically autistic or it's just Nolan.
>>
File: 1475207196194.jpg (81KB, 552x532px) Image search: [Google]
1475207196194.jpg
81KB, 552x532px
>>79180727
Ledger also had a ton of ridiculous and shitty lines, the writing in The Dark Knight is just as retarded. But he gave his hardest and worked with those stupid lines, and hey, most people thought he was great. Because Heath Ledger was a great actor who managed to overshadow the film's abysmal writing, where Jared Leto was playing a moronic edgelord with a laughably terrible performance only made worse by the terrible everything else in that entire goddamn movie.
Both Jokers are absolutely terribly written characters. The difference is that one of them had the acting chops to take on that role and the other didn't (and was doomed to be overshadowed from the start).

I love The Joker, there were aspects about his presentation in Suicide Squad that I thought could have worked. But there are dozens of different actors who should have been picked over Jared Leto, and DC's abysmal writing of their own characters is only part of the problem.
I'm glad his scenes got removed from the movie.
>>
>>79181604

Ledger was great, and TDK was a good movie in it's own right, but it wasn't the batman movie i've been waiting for. It was too much of a loose adaptation. Can't think of any comparisons but it was BASED on comic books, it wasn't a comic book movie. The DCEU is getting closer to what i want, though it's bogged down by incompetent people. Stylistically it is what i want. Characters ripped almost straight off the pages, free from the restrictions of a realistic adaptation.
>>
>>79181641
nicholson played the joker as jack nicholson with make up, being fat and old didnt help either
>>
>>79181697

Like what? None of his lines were half as retarded as Leto's. Tell me Ledger is so unbelievably talented that he would have been able to say "this handsome HUNKA HUNKA" Without making you cringe.
>>
>>79181783
thats what made it so good it was an adaptation but the essense of the characters was there

I like Batman 1989 but is very dated while TDK will always seem contemporary
>>
>>79181697
at least Ledger didnt go down on his knees and begged a black man to fuck his woman

compare that Joker reveal to Ledger's or Nicholson's
>>
>>79181793
Heath Ledger played the Joker as Tom Waits with Crow make up. Jack Nicholson as Jack Nicholson is more appropriate for the character. No reason to be a fedora fuckhead and pretend otherwise.
>>
>>79180727
>the FIRE in my loins! The ITCH in my CROTCH!
I can imagine that one in Ledger's voice pretty easily tbqh
>>
>>79180727
This thread is gross. Stop acting retarded.
>>
>>79181914

What i like about Batman is how many different portrayals there are. I don't get the hate on batman and robin. It's bad, but it's still fun, and its cool to have so many batmans under our belt. Serious, campy, etc. We have it all! It's what differentiates the franchise from every other franchise. Like spider-man. He always feels same-y even when he's rebooted and different.

But anyways, i loved Heath, but in Suicide Squad i saw a very contemporary comics-accurate Joker, and i want to see what he can really do in the future.
>>
>>79181976
>Heath Ledger played the Joker as Tom Waits with Crow make up
exactly he was ACTING and taking inspiration and notes from different sources while Jack just showed up put some make and played himself again for the hundred time
>>
>>79181860
“Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! You know, I just... *do* things.”

sure anon
>>
>>79180727
Can't you talk about your little cape garbage on Reddit pleb?
>>
>>79182039
>but in Suicide Squad i saw a very contemporary comics-accurate Joker
I stopped reaing comics 10 years ago is the current Joker a wigger thug with tattoes and grills who hangs around in strip clubs instead of abandoned theme parks?
>>
It's not binary. The script was garbage; so was Leto's performance.
>>
>>79180727
I can guarantee 100% of those lines were ad-libbed.
>>
The whole thing is a mess. The portrayal, the script, his look, it's all fucking terrible.
>>
>>79181976
You're retarded.
>>
>>79182047
>exactly he was ACTING and taking inspiration and notes from different sources
He was being an emo faggot who's nothing like The Joker. He's edgy without making up for it by being funny. He's a PG rated heroin junky. Part of this is on Nolan being a fraud with a deep boner for everything in those movies being sterile. At the end of the day Batman 89 had The Joker and TDK had some tired burnout.
>>
>>79182047
This.
>>
>>79182127

He does have tattoos in some of the comics. Don't know where the wigger idea came from though, i didn't notice that one. He acted like the Joker not a wigger.
>>
>>79182064

C'mon you can do better. Name one like as dumb as a Leto line.

Protip: you can't.
>>
Why has no one made a horror movie picture with Leto grinning his silver teeth through pitch blackness
>>
>>79181860
>>79182365
>Do you want to know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all the... little emotions.
>the entire "WHY SO SERIOUZE" monologue

Don't kid yourself, The Joker in TDK had terrible, cringy dialogue too.
Not as bad as the dialogue in Suicide Squad but that's not even my point you imbecile.
>>
>>79181641
Burton's movies are WAY better than Nolan's, but I'd give the edge to Ledger. TDK is one of the most overrated movies of this century, but I'll be damned if Ledger doesn't do absolutely everything he could with that role.
>>
>>79182365
Most of the dialogue in TDK is garbage. They should've never let David Goyer anywhere near those scripts.
>>
>>79182220
Jack Nicholson isn't the Joker, just because you have a nostalgia boner for him and Burton. He recycled a role he's done a dozen times. Ledger tried and that's why he's the most notable Joker
>>
I'm the 50th post.
Also sage
>>
>>79182610
I'm the 51th post.

Also not sage.
>>
File: 1256629927943.jpg (18KB, 348x523px) Image search: [Google]
1256629927943.jpg
18KB, 348x523px
>Wah wah wah I don't like the thing!
>>
>>79180727
Agreed. Fuck everyone else. I liked leto, just hated whoever wrote that shit. I honestly want to see him vs batfleck.
>>
>>79180946
Exactly. Everything Tom-related is great.

Except Wristcutters
>>
Ledger Joker = Reddit
Leto Joker = deviantart and hot topic
>>
>>79182479

You're trying too hard, you're just grasping at straws now. As bad as those lines may be (personally don't see anything wrong with them), they are nowhere near the caliber of stupid that is, and do i REALLY have to say it a third fucking time?

>this handsome HUNKA HUNKA!

And i'll throw you 3 more out of generosity

>mmmmmmmmm. This looks neat..

>i am not somebody to be LOVED! I'm... an IDEA! a state of mind!

>if you weren't so crazy i'd think you're insane!

Like what do the last two even mean? lol

"Wanna know why i use a knife" made sense, i could get behind it.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.