[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the Chinese general remembered the phone conversation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: large_Arrival-Poster-2016.jpg (52KB, 400x625px) Image search: [Google]
large_Arrival-Poster-2016.jpg
52KB, 400x625px
Why did the Chinese general remembered the phone conversation but she didn't? If she really called him and told him about his wife's last dying words, wouldn't she remember doing that?
>>
>>79173864
doesnt experience time linearly
>>
dude non-linear perception of time LMAO
>>
>>79173914
Yeah, I get that she can experience the future n shit. But at that point in the future, she should know that she saved the world by call the general. Just like she knew her daughters name and shit in flash forwards to those scenes.

Also, why did she need the general to tell her his number? Couldn't she just have experience the time she called him directly? It would have given her the same information, without needing him to be like "dude, your brain lmao"
>>
>>79174173
>she should know that she saved the world by call the general
not necessarily, she didn't just instantly receive perfect time non linearity perception, she got it one memory at a time, so at htat point she probably didn't have it covered at the party, but then at that point she gained perception of it and then linked it all together.
>>
>>79174173
its nonlinear time perception. she isnt experiencing that moment after everything that will happen up to that moment in time, she is experiencing it at that exact moment, skipping all the moments that happen in between
>>
>>79174316
Its established in other flash forwards that she knows the past before that point though. That's why she doesn't just look at her kid and say "who the fuck are you", or when her kid asks about the divorce she isn't like "nigga I wasn't ever married".

Realistically, the general should have walked up to her and been like "hey remember that time you called me" and she would be like "oh yeah, you almost destroyed the world. That was a close one".
>>
File: murph.gif (543KB, 512x502px) Image search: [Google]
murph.gif
543KB, 512x502px
>>79174316
>>79174358
Seriously, after your replies, I still don't understand how people still don't understand this movie. It made perfect fucking sense to me. Am I too smart or something or is everyone else just retarded?

I understood the majority of Interstellar as well including that the humans of the future put everything in place because it was what happened throughout the whole movie that needed to be done so that the humans from the future can open the wormhole thus starting a loop type thing.
>>
>>79174358
The how come she recognizes her daughter and knows her name and all the details of her marriage? She should be like "who the fuck are you cancer kid? I just got here from the past fill me in". The movie isn't consistent with its own rules.
>>
>>79173864
The general understood the language eventually as well
>>
>>79174465
Does she understand that she is experiencing the future when she has those flash forwards tho? I don't think she truly understands that she is experiencing those moments until the chinese general conversation. She might think she is just dreaming those daughter flash forwards. She mentions that she isnt getting much sleep, so she might think she is just dozing off
>>
>>79174437
I think most people get it, they're just either stuck on details or trying to poke holes at it. But yes both interstellar and arrival deal with non linear time which some people just doesn't accept as a narrative device, which is a shame imo, because it's an entertaining way of telling a story.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.