[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tv/ think of the Darth Jar Jar theory ? Could we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: Jar-Jar-Star-Wars.jpg (343KB, 1710x782px) Image search: [Google]
Jar-Jar-Star-Wars.jpg
343KB, 1710x782px
What does /tv/ think of the Darth Jar Jar theory ?

Could we have missed the greatest plot twist ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA
>>
Shameless bump
>>
>>79164196
This is just a result of the chads and women hijacking star wars since disney took over.

these are the kind of people who think nolan and tarantino are the greatest directors ever and think breaking bad is the best show ever.

the type of people to circlejerk and over analyze everything to find some secret meaning that isn't actually there.
like they are now doing to nu-star wars.
>>
>>79164196
Reddit: The Theory
>>
>>79164316
what's wrong with breaking bad and what other shows top it other than the wire
>>
>>79164374
Madmen
Sopranos
Lost
>>
>>79164329
This
>>
>>79164397
sopranos? sure, i can agree with that. mad men is fucking boring, just as much as better call saul.

and lost? HAHAHHAHA, ok.
>>
>>79164329
At least that theory is way more plausible that all those "Snoke is..." bullshit
>>
>>79164196
Despite being Reddit, I actually believe that it could have been the original trajectory for the prequels if Lucas hadn't fucked up the execution of the Phantom Menace so bad

The main evidence for why I think this is 1) Palpatine and Jar Jar just happen to be on the same planet and Jar Jar just happens to be the one to put the military creation act to a vote despite it being mentioned many times that Amidala is against it 2) George Lucas says "Jar-Jar" is the key to all of this and 3) George is obsessed with pottery as well all know and Jar Jar would have been like a Sith Yoda

There are other small, interesting things that give credence to this theory but you can find them out for yourself on the countless of videos produced by Star Wars fags on youtube
>>
>>79164196
It's as reddit as it get's.

Even if it was true, the prequels would still be badly executed films in every single filmmaking department.
>>
>>79164427
Snoke is yaddle... Screenshot this.
>>
>>79164196
>google this
>it's actually real
wtf i hate jar jar now
>>
>>79164196
Why weren't the Gungans in the empire at all?

Seems to me Sheeve lived on Naboo and started hating non-humanoids, as Naboo was a very segregated planet with basically only two real intelligent species (compared to every other planet in SW), compounded by the fact that for most of his life the only non-humans he saw were the Gungans who were fucking annoying, which is why the empire is exclusively human.

You have to figure that if Jar Jar was the puppet master, humans wouldn't be like the only species in government positions, and you'd probably see one gungan somewhere. Also Jar Jar wouldn't need to have it explained to him why he needs to ask the senate for emergency powers given to Sheeve

It's an interesting theory but most of it can be explained by Lucas's hack writing, bad 90s CG, and Lucas's disdain for his fanbase for not liking his silly creature.
>>
>>79164434
>I actually believe that it could have been the original trajectory for the prequels if Lucas hadn't fucked up the execution of the Phantom Menace so bad
I remember reading an article where george said the original plan for jar jar was that anakin was going to muder him as the act that made him vader. But since audiences hated him, they reduced his role, and that changed the path the story took.
Its been fucking years since i read that, so don't take my word for it.
>>
File: hopps.jpg (24KB, 450x235px) Image search: [Google]
hopps.jpg
24KB, 450x235px
>>79164397
>>
Even if it was an abandoned plot point by Lucas (doubtful), no way would Disney resurrect it for the new movies. They're playing things safe, and that would be too "out there" for them to attempt.

Why take risks when you can make safe and easy money?
>>
>>79164434
The theory falls apart because it implies that George Lucas listened to anyone's criticism after Phantom Menace and tried to make things better.

The prequels are done exactly like he wanted, no studio interventions no nothing, pure George Lucas fuckery,
If you asked him today if he made any mistake he would just brush you off, he made exactly what he wanted.

If he wanted to film a steaming pile of shit in a room for three movies he would do it, at that time no one had control over him whatsoever.
>>
>>79164374
Sopranos
Mad Men
The Wire
Deadwood
Twin Peaks
True Detective
Rome
The Leftovers

Breaking Bad doesn't come close to any of these shows.
>>
>>79164546
>fans hate my funny character
>I was going to have him get murdered, but fuck them he's living.
>>
>>79164577
I think the actor that played Jar Jar said a few months ago that the theory was partially true, meaning that Jar Jar was more than meets the eye

Plus we know that Lucas is fond of these kinds of twist, like Yoda etc...
>>
>>79164613
the only ones i dont agree with are mad men and rome

the other shows you mentioned are fantastic, especially leftovers. good taste m8
>>
>>79164597
I think he was so much annoyed by SW autists that it doesn't seem wrong at all
>>
>>79164698
Why are you spouting disinformation out of your ass?

He just made some tweet replies trying to make a joke because the theory is so absurd, never did he confirm it on any level.
>>
>>79164797
I wasn't sure with this to begin with, asshole
>>
>>79164196
>George introduces rule of 2 in episode 1
>"A master and an apprentice"
>We see two Sith Lords in episode 1
>They refer to themselves as apprentice and master
>"B-but jar jar was a Sith Lord too!"
Does the the theory actually talk about this?
>>
>>79165056
Actually Darth Sidious's master Plagueis was still alive during Episode I

Maul was just an assassin
>>
>>79165098
Wat. That still makes 3 if you include jar jar.
>>
>>79164329
reddit: the post
>>
>>79164427

Jar jar binks is snoke, controlling the corpse of anakin as a puppet to manipulate kylo ren, due to his fascination with the character
>>
>>79165150
Maul still has a "Darth" title

But in the book "Plagueis" you learn that Maul was just an assassin and Plagueis knew about him. You also learn that Plagueis's master had other apprentices, the rule of two is just bullshit for the most part.
>>
File: fargo.png (2MB, 1775x997px) Image search: [Google]
fargo.png
2MB, 1775x997px
>>79164374

Fargo
>>
>>79164698

The truth part is that jar jar has force powers, but doesnt believe in them. Same situation as han solo only jar's were extremely strong because hes a magic magic moron.

Jar jar being evil as fuck would make phantom menace make a lot more sense though
>>
you know, ive never heard a counter argument to the theory
>>
>>79165477
I think this post does it pretty well >>79164491
>>
>>79165795
no thats shit because jar jar was an exile among his own people and was even about to get executed so he'd hate at least gungans just as much as sheev. he'd have no way of knowing at least in the beginning that sheev was going to end up going full nazi. also i started rewatching clones and i already noticed a sith stunt pulled by jar jar in season one. the second episode where anakin, obi wan, and dooku are being held ransom by pirates, jar jar, another senator, and some clones are delivering the ransom. they get chased by pirates and shot down. while they are being pursued jar jar is being a doofus and not strapping in his seat and bumbling around. so the other senator gets unstrapped, gets jar jar situated, but then they crash land while the senator isnt strapped into his seat and dies pretty sithy too me. oh and jar jar conducts his impromptu funeral to add insult to injury
>>
>>79166189
oops i meant the second episode in the arc
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.