[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Hollywood still use DVDs to pass around screeners? Would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Screeners2.jpg (172KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screeners2.jpg
172KB, 800x600px
Why does Hollywood still use DVDs to pass around screeners? Would it not be better to send out a better quality version of the film so it looks its best?

I know piracy has a part to play in that but what other reasons are there?
>>
most likely because it is cheaper
>>
>send out blurays
>some megajew doesn't even have a player
>>
you'd think a multi billion dollar industry would come up with an encrypted service to stream screeners
>>
>your early access experience is ruined by pixelarated shit resolution in the current year

How do they get away with this? Why is nobody protesting?
>>
>>79163747
the bigshots in hollywood etc. actually have a vip streaming service in their homes, forget what it's called. it's old though, more like some cable service.
>>
>>79163697
they are being sent out to elites. you would think that they can afford and already own this shit.

makes me wonder if there are any famous actors out there that dont even own a tv.

>>79163747
seems like it would be easier to pass around a card with a unique code that people could plug in at a website than to mint DVDs.

>>79163758
>Why is nobody protesting?
they didnt pay for anything so they have to right to complain
>>
File: 1486320971904.jpg (271KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1486320971904.jpg
271KB, 1024x1536px
at least they're not still on vhs
>>
>>79163817
i dont think thats just for hollywood bigshots, i think it's for anyone who can pay the insane amount of money it costs. i think i remember reading it costs something like $30k a year to have one of those things.

>>79163832
>seems like it would be easier to pass around a card with a unique code that people could plug in at a website than to mint DVDs.
that could work too, just put the shit on a USB stick or something, how the hell would this not be cheaper than creating and shipping DVDs?
>>
>>79163841
odd cause DVD technology was all over the place by 2003

>>79163864
they would still have to pay to have it processed and packaged in custom packaging and its easier to mail a DVD.
also commercial DVDs are minted with the data already on them so its a one step process. they dont make a DVD and then "burn" the movie onto it after.

>>79163864
>$30k a year
kind of hard to ask someone for 30$k a year to watch your movies even though they are the ones deciding weather you get an award or not
>>
they always leak so they probably don't want to have blu-rays leak. and an online streaming service could be broken into.
>>
>>79164033
screeners leak all the time so it's not like they're any better
>>
SAG (and emmys) use an online service, DAG use a combination of screeners and actual screenings. The Oscars do the same since the average age of members is over 60, they literally are the elderly guys who still use dvds.

But, yes, judging costume, make up, set design, art direction, and special effects from dvds is beyond stupid. It proves the point that theaters are obsolete if you can judge a movie from a dvd.
>>
>>79163991
>odd cause DVD technology was all over the place by 2003
blu-ray was mainstream probably 10 years ago. hollywood is just slow, and maybe they have publishing deals yet to expire.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.