[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there's a black guy playing a japanese character in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: ghost-3.jpg (66KB, 851x315px) Image search: [Google]
ghost-3.jpg
66KB, 851x315px
>there's a black guy playing a japanese character in the Ghost in the Shell live action movie

How do you feel about this?
>>
as long as their not whitec
>>
>>79156392
Stay on your garbage cartoon containment board.
>>>/a/
>>
THe guy in GiTS looked black. At least in the show.
>>
>>79156392
Nobody like white bois so it's ok
>>
most of the section 9 crew isnt japanese and neither was that guy if i remember right

also the jews aint gonna invest millions into a franchise if it doesnt star one of their own and they cant push their diversity shit
>>
This is an American movie. So the car changes make sense. Did anyone really expect a full Japanese cast? They were only full Japanese because it was made in Japan anyway
>>
he looks so BLACK, like straight out of nigeria
>>
>>79156392

i can't fap to animated characters so i don't care what the voice actors look like.
>>
>>79156392
But is scarlett johanssen not playing a japanese character too? Wtf?
>>
>>79156392
from this picture alone looks fine
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (164KB, 1338x449px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
164KB, 1338x449px
>>79156392

Apart from skintone he looks closer to his counterpart than Batou and Togusa do, why the fuck is togusa played by a 60 year old man?
>>
>>79157272
If he looks like a black guy it might be because he's a black guy.
>>
>>79157272
this

if you wanna see a real black guy go and meet my wifes lover. this guy is white in comparison
>>
What's the big fucking deal?
>>
>its yet another /pol/ gets triggered thread

Back to your safe space, cuck
>>
File: 1380388879328.jpg (107KB, 523x575px) Image search: [Google]
1380388879328.jpg
107KB, 523x575px
>>79156392
Guys.
I got it.
All the non-asian organics with Japanese names are children of refugees that migrated to Japan after one of the world wars because they managed to not get too nagasaki'd this time and they have the super radiation scrubber technology.
>>
File: IMG_2322.jpg (248KB, 580x563px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2322.jpg
248KB, 580x563px
>>79157306
Curious to know this gentleman's name tbqh
>>
>>79157318
/pol/ is multicultural and next to black countries asians treat blacks the worst and dislike them openly
>>
>>79157287
Can someone please respond to this

Why outrage over a side characters casting? The movie is USA made, whats the point???

Eternally triggered autists
>>
>>79157461
>Can someone please respond to this

Why? You're a barely functioning retard, why bother.
>>
>>79157277

oh. y'all talking about a live-action film. the immense shame and stain on my honor requires i go forth and slit my throat. bye, y'all.
>>
>>79157491
It's based on a Japanese children's cartoon that autistic people enjoy so you're not wrong.
>>
>>79157489
No answer
>>
>>79157362
The sky is blue. What's your point?
>>
Is he playing an asian though? Is the character in the movie asian?
>>
File: Last-Airbender-Movie-Review.jpg (846KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Last-Airbender-Movie-Review.jpg
846KB, 1280x720px
Hollywood is still racebending and denying a Japanese actor the change to play a Japanese character. Why the fuck do Asians get the short end of the stick? Making them black doesn't make it right.

This is why we shouldn't change a character's race.

Not enough black guys in the story for you? Adapt another fucking story.

Heaven forbid we don't have the fifteenth James Bond reboot or yet another damn Starsky and Hutch or Brady Bunch.

Something like Hamilton or an all black MacBeth in Haiti is at least making it the point of the production.

Just racebending characters at random is fucking dumb.

Find something else to adapt, with characters that actually match the race you want. It's less artificial and the character is more authentically that race and speaks more naturally about being that race.
>>
>>79157845

this. there's no film-value for making a non-black character black. they only do it to avoid accusations of so-white-reyseeest or for attention-hey-look-imma-innovative-i-made-white-character-black.
>>
>>79157245
no he didn't
>>
>>79157845
>with characters that actually match the race you want

you're talking as if there was a single gits character that looked asian
>>
>>79156392
what a surprise

goddamn jigaboo
>>
>>79158246
The only people who've looked Asian in GITS were the evil CIA agents in Standalone Complex
>>
>>79156392
Don't care. Probably won't even have a major role.

There are way bigger things to worry about.
>>
>>79157322
GITS is just as homogeneous as real Japan when it comes to race. The entire second season is about this.
>>
>>79156392

Doesnt look japanese to me in the original. Seems to me like an alright casting. All actors in this seem to be like a great choice desu.
>>
>>79156392
#NotmyIshikawa
>>
>>79157300
Isnt that the scene from Solid State Society where Togusa almost commits suicide but the major saves him in the last second ?
Christ that scene was intense
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.