[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Make bartender a real human looking robot >Other robot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 46546546.jpg (80KB, 1086x683px) Image search: [Google]
46546546.jpg
80KB, 1086x683px
>Make bartender a real human looking robot
>Other robot are generic metal robots
>>
>>79120698
>job requires charisma
>have charismatic robot
>job required to wipe up shit off the floor
>have metal looking robot

It's not that fucking hard
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 960x720px
>>79120698
Michael is /ourguy/.
>>
>have super advanced Ai robots able to make decisions
>don't put a single one into the cockpit of a fucking intergalactic spaceship traveling for 130 years

Seriously, Arthur could have just dodged that asteroid. Also, why didn't they have tons of kids?
>>
Micheal Sheen is great.

It makes sense that a bartender is made to look like a person since they have a lot of personal interact and are often used by drunks as a therapist.

Movie was bland as fuck.
>>
>>79121583
>travel for 130 years
>every passenger arrives dumb as fuck and can't understand any of the new tech

>ship would be horribly outdated after one flight
>somehow still in service for 1000+ years

>1000 year old black dude wakes up
>immediately dies

>damage in ship hull
>fix it with a space iPad
>>
>>79120698
>always cleaning glasses
>there's only two passengers

Shut yourself down already.
>>
>>79121645
They won't be developing much new tech on a colony world.

>ship would be horribly outdated after one flight
>somehow still in service for 1000+ years
Then you refit it after each flight.
When did they say it was 1000 years old?

>1000 year old black dude wakes up
>immediately dies
When did it say he was a thousand years old?

>>79121645
>damage in ship hull
>fix it with a space iPad
It was a temporary patch and he used a sealing agent.

>>79121674
>always cleaning glasses
>there's only two passengers
He literally explains why he cleans them all time.
>>
>>79121645
Thats what I was thinking this whole movie.

If a ship traveling 130 or whatever years to get to a new planet and in 20 years there's a ship that can get there in 50 years then the whole thing would be pointless
>>
>>79121754
It's great that we can just KNOW that in 20 years space travel will be three times faster!

Let's just not send any more ships out because what's the point, there's bound to be a faster one soon.
>>
>>79121743
The black dude said he did multiple trips before so he would in theory be at least a couple hundreds of years old, same as the ship.

I know he used spray on concrete which was fine. Just thought the iPad was a weird fix.

>>79121754
Maybe they are technologically stagnant idk.
I really liked the movie tho, 5/5 comfy
>>
>>79121848
Yeah sure let's waste a quadrillion dollars just so we can say we are progressive

>>79121853
It's "comfy" until Jennifer Lawrence and meme man start awkwardly humping and then screaming God that really took me out of it.
>>
>>79121853
>caught in a fucking vacuum that will kill you
>we need to cover up this hole
>oh look a sturdy device about the size of the hole
>it's literally the only suitable thing nearby, there is no other choice
>this might hold for a few seconds while we look for a better solution
>wait no we can't try that, it would be 'weird'
>>
>>79121896
>Yeah sure let's waste a quadrillion dollars just so we can say we are progressive

I think you're missing the point, let's reiterate.

You cannot know whether a significantly faster ship will exist in the next 10, 20 or 30 years. You can't just stop all travel because something better might happen to come along.

Do you understand?
>>
>>79120698
Will the robot bartender cut off your thumb on a bet though?
>>
>>79121275
The waiter robots were generic robots that spoke other languages

The real answer they weren't human looking was they racist as fuck
>>
>>79120698
Best character or best character?

not hard when there are 4 characters but still
>>
I really liked the script. They made a bunch of weird changes that just added plot holes.

Only 1 autodoc for 5200 passengers?

Crew clearly goes back to sleep for the return trip, Jennifer Lawrence is going back on the return trip. There has to be a way to get back into hibernation, especially once they get the all access band.
>>
I didn't know anything about this movie before watching it. Never saw a trailer or anything. All I knew it was Sci Fi and who was in it. Halfway through I was hoping it was turning into a thriller, but no, it ended up being a trashy romance flick with a god awful ending. This movie could have been so much better had Chris Pratt turned on Jennifer Lawrence and the movie turned into suspense.
>>
>>79122719
>Only 1 autodoc for 5200 passengers

Just pulling this out of my ass but it could be that autodocs are ridiculously expensive (which makes sense seeing as what it can do) and the company can only afford to have one on board, while the remaining medical conditions are just handled by regular on board medics and other space magic. it's a stretch though, more than likely just a plot hole
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.