/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Do you expect me to talk? >No, Mr Bond, I expect you to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: first quip.jpg (92KB, 719x438px) Image search: [Google]
first quip.jpg
92KB, 719x438px
>Do you expect me to talk?
>No, Mr Bond, I expect you to die

Is this the first real movie quip?

Goldfinger came out the same year Joss Whedon was born. Did the first quip trigger his birth? Or do we have to go deeper?
>>
>>79116599
Holy shit I was just watching this. Weird
>>
pretty mean to laser his penis first
>>
>No, Mr Bane, I expect you to die
>>
It's not so much a quip, as it is a badass "fuck you" to your nemesis.
>>
>>79116599
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc17zmeMlSI
>>
>>79116648
>mean
>not genius

villain wants Bond dead, so even if Bond ultimately survives, what are the odds he'll want to?
>>
>>79116599
He didn't count on Bond fucking his lesbian pilot into a straight girl then betrayed him in the end
>>
>>79116599
movies back then were just so fucking stupid

just shoot the motherfucker, jesus
>>
>>79120915
leave
this site is not for you
>>
>>79120991
leave
this site is not for you
>>
U dumb, OP? Dr No came out first and had classic quips like
>Impales man with harpoon gun
>"I think he got the point"
>>
>>79116599
>"Frankly, My Dear, I don't give a damn"
>1939
>>
>>79121473

That wasn't Dr No. It was Thunderball.
>>
>>79120915
This lmao. You really have to turn your brain off to enjoy old movies
>>
File: 1472512067264.gif (2MB, 249x337px) Image search: [Google]
1472512067264.gif
2MB, 249x337px
>>79116599
Reminder that From Russia With Love is objectively the best Bond film.
>>
>>79123619
I've only seen it and Dr. No. FRwL was certainly much better, but Goldfinger is supposedly right up there.
>>
>>79121473

That's not a quip, that's a one liner.

Quip has to be in response to something someone just said. "We have a Hulk" etc.
>>
>>79123695
The reason Goldfinger is so highly regarded is because it's the most popular and was the first one to set the formula that all subsequent movies were to follow (the opening and theme song, quirky henchman, gadgets, etc.). Dr No and From Russia are actually better.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (57KB, 1280x797px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
57KB, 1280x797px
the sean connery bond movies are so fucking good

>tfw u will never be as alpha as the connery bond
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.