[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is this movie so acclaimed? I just watched it and it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (420KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
420KB, 1920x1080px
What is this movie so acclaimed? I just watched it and it's simply ok. Not that funny.
>>
>>79110481
It's okay anon, comedy takes intelligence
>>
>>79110481
>whole cast of white males

Yeah, I think I can see the problem here.
>>
>>79110481
>obviously not a private golf club member.

it's the This Is Spinal Tap of private country club movies. you missed about 70 inside jokes that are so on the money (no pun intended)
>>
I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them.
>>
>>79110481
U seriously think caddyshack is "not that funny?"

So i put on at this courrsein fhe homilayas as a looper. And who do they give me? The daliblama. 5th son to the lama. Big hitter. Sowe tee off, the lama hits it in a 10 rgousand foot crevase.

He looks at me. Floewing robes. Bald. Striking. He says: gunga la gunga.
>>
>>79110481
I turned it off halfway through. Overrated.
>>
>>79111108
It's actually underrated. Might want to step your kino game up.
>>
>>79110481
>Not that funny.
Now I know why Tigers eat their young.
>>
>>79110848
So we finish 18 and the llamaa is going to stiff me. So im like,hey,your holiness. How about a littlensomething for the effort.

And he says"no,there will be no money. But on your deathbed you will achieve perfect happiness"

So i got that going for me.
>>
File: judge-smails.jpg (15KB, 472x321px) Image search: [Google]
judge-smails.jpg
15KB, 472x321px
IT'S EASY TO GRIN
>>
>>79110481
simple: you watched it 35 years too late.

It was funny in the early '80s.
>>
>>79110481

It's quite funny on its own merits.

It's EXTRA-EXTRA funny if you golf or are an old white fart who does so. Like this anon suggested >>79110693 , Spinal Tap is to actually being in a band as Caddyshack is to actually being a golfer: when you yourself actually do the basic activity which is the movie's subject, then it's that much funnier/more interesting to you.
>>
It's easy to grin...
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NUwqXr-TTVw

Boy he got all of that. Little cinderalla boy, tears in his eyes.
>>
Chase made over a dozen movies in the '80s. Caddyshack was the first hit, then Vacation, then Fletch. Between Vacation and Fletch, he made Deal of the Century, with Sigourney Weaver, about an arms dealer. It was under the radar, but it had it's moments.
>>
judge smails is one of the funniest characters of all time
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>and when you're finished, why don't you drop by the yacht club? MMMM MMMM MMMM
>>
>>79111463
If Caddyshack is the Spinal Tap of golf, then what is Tin Cup?
>>
>>79111746
Tin cup is either the space jam or the braveheart.

I normally hate heroics. But i watch kevin costner go 5 bogie and love it.
>>
Same issues as Wayne's World I guess. It's a decently made comedy that just happened to age like milk.
>>
File: tmp_29349-hamm-gif-87048291.gif (991KB, 500x262px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_29349-hamm-gif-87048291.gif
991KB, 500x262px
>>79111857
If you think caddyshack or waynes world "aged", you have no idea what comedy is.

CAR!
>>
bc everyone was coked out in the 80s
>>
File: Douglas_Kenney.jpg (43KB, 195x262px) Image search: [Google]
Douglas_Kenney.jpg
43KB, 195x262px
>>79110481
The guy who wrote it fell off a cliff

Pretty based
>>
>>79110481
Agreed.

Movie does not hold up well at all.

Rodney Dangerfields character (himself) is the worst cringe ive seen in cinema in awhie just garbage.

Cant believe I thought this was funny when iwas a little kids, probably because my friends and I just watched it to see the tits and tug off
>>
>>79110481
Bane?
>>
>>79112255
and now you're a miserable faggot with no friends in /tv/ on a Saturday night
>>
Dangerfield steals the show and it was his first film. Shit's impressive every time I see it.
>>
>>79110481
A lot of the plot points and scene transitions don't make any sense. I almost fell asleep, and I'm not even an ADD baby. Boring movie d e s u.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.