[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am i just retarded or was this movie really hard to follow?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Inherent_Vice_film_poster.jpg (39KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
Inherent_Vice_film_poster.jpg
39KB, 270x400px
Am i just retarded or was this movie really hard to follow?

So many names, people, relatives of people.
>>
>>79109404
Pynchon books are heavy reads. Not especially contusive to film storytelling
>>
>>79109404

ya ive heard that from everyone...i think its supposed to be about the 'feels', anyone who says they understand it completely is lying..
>>
>>79109404
The weird thing about this movie is you get almost ALL of the information secondhand. Most of the important events of the plot take place off-screen, and get described to Doc after they've already happened.

It's hard to follow because most films give you information visually. This one gives you almost all the info through mumbly, stylized, trying-to-be-witty dialogue.

It's not a very good movie. It's a decent novel but it wasn't really well-suited to be adapted to film
>>
>>79109516
i mean i guess i could understand how everything tied together if i watch it 1 or 2 more times. It's just that at some point there was so much information that i often went like "wait, who is that person they're talking about now?"
>>
>>79109404
you're not retarded, but it's really not that hard to follow. maybe you're not used to the type of film where plot takes a backseat sometimes or a muddled presentation of story beats. however, you do have to pay attention and not much on popcorn and soda while watching. Pynchon's novels are quite labyrinthine with a whole lotta silliness. i preferred the novel to the film, as i was initially disappointed with it. i am eager to revisit it as it's been more than a year since i've seen PTA's adaptation.
>>
OP, you're just losing your losing your losing your Vitamin C
>>
>Film Noir
>The topic you happen to like
>"It's Chinatown"

The book was better.
>>
>>79109739
>Film Noir
>Chilean House artists
>"It's Chinatown"
>>
>>79109516
>i think its supposed to be about the 'feels'
fuck i hate this new trend, its so stupid and lazy and only pretentious people like max landis say shit like that
>>
>>79110085
>Film Noir
>Max Landis theme
>"It's Chinatown"

Sounds a lot like Brick to me, too unoriginal.
>>
I want an NFL team in Mexico.

The capacity would be insane & the security impressive.

Mexico City Raiders... so based.
>>
>>79110186
seriously inherent vice seems very derivative
even from a technical standpoint
the photography had me thinking that PTA wanted to imitate a lot of coen brothers movies

it had some good moments but overall i left feeling dooped, cheated, bamboozled
>>
Needs to be at least 8hours long
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.