[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>i see your mind. You'll take the ring to sauron. You'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 18

>i see your mind. You'll take the ring to sauron. You'll betray us all

What the fuck was his problem?
>>
>mother died when you were a kid
>father getting more demented by the day
>he hates your little bro for no fucking reason
>your country is a shadow of its former self
>the orcs are getting braver and braver with their raiding parties
>Mordor stirs in the east
>Saruman is stacking troops to the north
>your allies are a demented oldfag in Rohan, aloof elves who think your race is retarded, dwarves who give even less of a fuck and one old guy with a stick
>they all hate your guts almost as much as the orcs anyway
>your countrymen are dying every day to protect them
>now this magical nuke is found which could destroy Sauron
>the others decide to give it to a manlet farmer to carry it to Sauron's doorstep instead of giving it to you
>some raggedy smelly hobo is with them and he'll replace your family as ruler if you succeed
>but you won't because the plan was retarded from the get-go
Boromir had a lot on his plate
>>
>>79103610
well said
>>
>>79103610
Sean Bean was really at his best in that scene.
>>
>>79103610
He was right though.
>>
He was accusing others of having the same evil plans as himself. Classic projecting.
>>
>>79103829
oh and let's not forget the old guy who was the most powerful guy in the group thinks your country is so pathetic that he won't bring the ring to within a thousand miles to it and chooses to first freeze your asses off on Caradhras and then to 1v1 a gigantic ancient demon, dying in the process

Then this elf witch digs into your mind and tells you you're all fucked beyond repair and she doesn't care because she'll take the ship out and by the way no mortal scum allowed
>>
>>79103829
>now this magical nuke is found which could destroy Sauron

How exactly? Can someone enlighten me as to how Men intended to "use" the ring against Sauron? Wouldn't that play right into his hands?
>>
>>79104130
It would indeed play into Sauron's hands. The ring is designed like that. Ring is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>79104130
>Can someone enlighten me as to how Men intended to "use" the ring against Sauron?
the Ring carries great power and it's implied that its wielder's abilities are amplified to a crazy extent. It's not entirely crazy to think a great leader of Men could use it to take on Mordor

but yes it will end badly and that's what Gandalf repeats like 100 times
>>
>>79104130
IF (huge fucking if) you could control the one ring you could control sauron, galadrial, elrond, the dwarf kings, the nazgul ... well pretty much everyone that counts would be kissing your ass
>>
>>79103829
While this is all true, Boromir would NEVER have sperged out the way he did if not for the Ring's influence fucking him up.
Fags who see the movie for the first time usually don't get this and think Boromir's a jerk. Boromir is da bes.
>>
>>79103610
He was actually right. Gollum was the one who actually saved the world, though unintentionally.
>>
>>79104250
>da bes
What are you a fucking twelve year old girl?
>>
>>79104291
What are you a fucking sperg?
>>
>>79104221
>it's implied that its wielder's abilities are amplified to a crazy extent
so hobbits can turn a little bit invisible naturally?
>>
>>79104334
no but they are naturally incredibly stealthy
>>
>>79104130
>Rally the people of Gondor with your awesome Ring power
>March at the Gates of Mordor to bitch slap Sauron
>Get destroyed in all out battle against countless orcs
>Sauron gets the Ring after being dug under a pile of your countryman corpses from your burned body which suddenly combusted internally
>>
>>79104246
>you could control the one ring you could control the dwarf kings
The seven rings were a lot less effective than Sauron had hoped. Probably because the dwarves are the children of Aule, and Sauron was the apprentice of Aule - so the student can't surpass the master. The dwarves had a natural resistance to the corruption of the rings, and they couldn't be controlled by then, it just made them greedier than usual.
They also didn't turn invisible or into wraiths because they don't have souls.
>>
>>79104130
The ring turns you invisible and you can sneak up behind sauron and stab him
>>
>>79104361
huh been a while since i read the books, are the 7 dwarf rings still being worn? do they have any power, like the elf ones?
>>
>>79104334
>>79104351
Are you forgetting that Isildur also turned invisible when he put it on?
>>
>>79104471
>also turned invisible
source?
>>
>>79104130
>Can someone enlighten me as to how Men intended to "use" the ring against Sauron? Wouldn't that play right into his hands?

yes and no.

if some weak faggot had the ring and believed themself strong they woudl get themself rekt and the ring would get back to sauron np.

but they make a point of it, more in the book than the film though it is mentioned, that the one thing sauron feared was some great leader with enough power rising up with the ring and taking his throne.

the idea of anyone overcoming it's corrupting power and destroying it didn't occur to him, and rightly so I guess since isuldur and frodo couldn't do it, only gollum by accident.
>>
>>79104452
No, 4 were destroyed or eaten by dragons. Sauron had recovered 2. And Thrain (thorin's dad) had the last of the seven, but presumably lost it when he was captured in dol guldur.
>>
>>79104502
This is pretty much how Tolkien described it

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Isildur#Triumph_and_Disaster
>>
>>79104452
They were all either melted by dragon fire or captured by Sauron. He tried to use one to bribe some of Gimly's countryman.
>>
>>79104334
Frodo used the Ring to put a curse on Gollum when he attacked him on the slope of Mount Doom:
>Begone, and trouble me no more! If you touch me ever again, you shall be cast yourself into the Fire of Doom.
And guess what happened next time Gollum touched Frodo?
>>
>>79104452
no I think in the book it mentions a few of them were recovered by sauron, and the rest destroyed/consumed by dragons.

they never quite worked the way sauron intended like the nine though, the dwarves were pretty solid and hard to corrupt, but they built on their greed and pride and half of them destroyed themselves with their quest for riches. damn jews.
>>
>>79104452
>do they have any power, like the elf ones?
It turns you into a gold magnet, at the cost of becoming the greediest jew. But that's partly because they're over engineered.
I don't know what would happen if someone else worse a ring from another race. I mean gandalf has hax, and the one ring isn't picky, but what if a dwarf lord and a ringwraith swapped rings?
>>
>>79103610

>TIME TO PLAY THE GAME
>>
>>79104606
I forgot about that part. Gollum was also doomed when he swore an oath of loyalty to frodo over the ring.
Don't make oaths, or curse people while holding items of power in middle earth unless you really fucking mean it.
>>
>>79104671
>what if a dwarf lord and a ringwraith swapped rings?
the ringwraith swaps out the black cloak for a purple & gold one and his crown is now encrusted with jewels. Also instead of a mace he has a pimp staff. Angmar is renamed to Gangmar.
>>
File: boromir death simulator.png (6KB, 537x99px) Image search: [Google]
boromir death simulator.png
6KB, 537x99px
>>79104704
>>
>>79104748
>Angmar is renamed to Gangmar.
Kek
>>
>>79103829
As tight as FotR is, Jackson didn't do Boromir any justice. If it wasn't for the scene in the EE of TTT, I would've thought Boromir was just another pawn of Sauron.
>>
>>79103610
he was too busy being the best actor in the whole movie
>>
>>79104794

Even in the extended editions they didn't really get into why he acted the way he did, or at least they didn't show how Denethor knew about it and why he wanted it so bad.
>>
>>79104606
Still can't believe that wasn't in the movies. It reduces Gollum's death to "oops he slipped LOL"
>>
>>79104334
Wearing the ring doesn't just make you invisible, it shifts you into the ghost dimension. I'm guessing this is a power exclusive to the One Ring. It would make sense that Sauron would choose that as a bonus power, since his husbando Morgoth was a sneaky shapeshifting cunt.
>>
>>79104875
>or at least they didn't show how Denethor knew about it and why he wanted it so bad.

I thought it was suggested through different dialogues.
>>
>>79104875
>>79104794
it's hard to flesh him out because he's almost all backstory. I thought they did an alright job first with his speech at Elrond's council and then with the passion with which he speaks about Minas Tirith when they're resting in Lothlorien. It was clear he wasn't a bad guy, just desperate
>>
File: And so it is written.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
And so it is written.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>79104502
But just for posterity here it is as written in the Silmarillion
>>
>>79104927

I'm sure there's a scene in the EE where Denethor says he has guessed the purpose of Elrond's council.
>>
>>79104942
huh. I must have missed that part. It's a bit strage imagining the wielder of the Ring trying to lead troops as he puts on the Ring to use its power

ALRIGHT MEN TODAY WE RIDE TO VICTORY YET AGAIN AND - empty saddle
>>
I wish the movie had shown that denethor had a palantir in tower of minas tirith, that other than grief from boromir's death his 'madness' was fuelled by looking at mordor seeing the size of their armies and knowing it was a war he couldn't possibly win and was watching his people get pushed back and eventually die.
>>
>>79105005
I think that if you can control the ring you dont necesarily become invisible, you can choose wether you do
>>
>>79104927

I can't remember if they showed him using the palantir at all, let alone how Sauron was manipulating him with it.
>>
>>79105118
That's something that could've been accomplished with a minute of film footage. Surprised they couldn't fit that in the explain that character more.
>>
>>79104130
You are right. The ring literally only serves Sauron. Everything that it does to the wearer (power, long life, etc) is just a facade/mechanism to get back to Sauron. Even lore fags are tempted by its power and forget this.
>>
>>79105118
>>79105187
wait, am I tripping? I remember that stuff in the movie. If not the theatrical then the EE. He certainly tells Gandalf "the eyes of the White Tower are not blind" etc
>>
>>79105228
>Even lore fags are tempted by its power and forget this.

kek
>>
>>79105187
seriously, it would have taken a minute or two, and made him a much more sympathetic and complex character after the fact, instead of just a nutbar that didn't want to call rohan for reinforcements for no reason.
>>
>>79105245
That's fucking subtle, though. Maybe it was for bookfags I guess.
>>
>>79104431
heh, nothing personal kid
>>
>>79105303
he also says "I have seen more than you know"

while I agree it should be more overt, a careful viewer would notice the same crazy talk as from Saruman in Fellowship as he reveals the Palantir
>>
>>79104361
actually the dwarven rings worked quite well because it made the powerful dwarven kingdoms slave to their greediness so they just kept to themselves in their mountains instead of opposing sauron
>>
>>79104908
>his husbando Morgoth was a sneaky shapeshifting cunt.
sauron was the shapeshifter.
>>
>>79104567
if the rings can be melted by dragon fire then why dont they just fling the fukn ring to smaug ffs
>>
>>79105303
i love the subtlety. You don't have to be Nolanesque with all the exposition. It's also cool to learn more stuff later on that you didn't know from the movie, it builds up the world with the extra detail
>>
>>79105559
cuz he dead fa.m
>>
>>79105559
>rings

This isn't that.
>>
>>79105563
That's a fair point, Nolan needs to tone it down a lot, but maybe a shot or background east egg of the palantir in his possession would've been nice for people who have not read the book. Fair enough, though.
>>
>>79105559
smaug is sleeping with the fishes
>>
>>79105245
I thought this happened too
>>
File: ancalagon the big guy.jpg (295KB, 4000x1628px) Image search: [Google]
ancalagon the big guy.jpg
295KB, 4000x1628px
>>79105559
Not even Ancalagon the Black's fire was hot enough to destroy the one ring. All the rest of the rings were created in Hollin, in celebrimbor's forge.
>>
>>79106023
I swear it gets bigger every time it's posted
>>
>>79106348
you're seeing things anon
>>
>>79103610
This was on telly just now. Also why the fuck does Gandalf seem to already know that Moria has fallen while Gimli is completely clueless? Why doesn't he ask Gandalf what he means when he says "I would only take the road through Moria if I had no other choice"?
>>
>>79106612
Moria was fallen for decades and Gimli knows that. But he believes Balin (or whatever) was successful in the expedition to retake it. Gandalf (in the book it's Aragorn) knows the Balrog is heavy shit and no picnic party could seriously recover Moria
>>
>>79106612
Made up for the movie. In the books Gandalf is the one who wants to go to Moria, Aragorn is against it.
>>
>>79106703
Well you'd think Gandalf (or Aragorn) would straight up tell Gimli that his friendos are almost certainly dead instead of allowing him false hope.
>>
>>79106770
You'd think Gimli would know, since there was constant communication for the first few months of Balin's expedition to Moria, then 10 years (?) of silence.
>>
>>79103610
He was being influenced by the ring.

They all were.

The ring told gandalf not to use eagles.
>>
Why didn't they just fly to Mordor using magic?
>>
>>79103904
It takes a pretty good actor take a scene where he flies into an autistic rage and trips over his own feet and manage to keep it completely serious.
>>
>>79106818
Gimli thinking the Moria expedition is perfecly fine was made up for the movie. In the books at the council of Elrond Gimli and Gloin explain they haven't heard from them in over 20 years.
>>
File: 1466805230307.jpg (112KB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
1466805230307.jpg
112KB, 300x290px
>Boromir was a bad guy
>>
>>79106939
Literally no one thinks this. Except for maybe Frodo, the cunt, but he's an asshole to everyone.
>>
>>79106908
but the books are also a bit weird because Aragorn had went through Moria much more recently than Gandalf and he straight up says it's deep shit and never to go through there. While Gandalf seems to dismiss him and to want to try it
>>
>>79107025
Aragorn specifically says that he's not worried about the Fellowship, but Gandalf in particular. Numenoreans sometimes have the gift of foresight.
>>
File: 1468008518379.gif (2MB, 369x271px) Image search: [Google]
1468008518379.gif
2MB, 369x271px
>tfw you realise "Fly, you fools!" was Gandalf telling the Fellowship to use the eagles
>>
would sauron have ever found the ring if it had stayed in the cave with gollum?
>>
File: Bilbo_baggins.jpg (7KB, 289x174px) Image search: [Google]
Bilbo_baggins.jpg
7KB, 289x174px
>possesses the ring for decades
>uses it often
>can still give it up when asked
Young Bilbo would've soreted everything out in half the time it took Frodo
>>
>>79107224
Yes. Always remember the Ring wants to be found.
>>
>>79107224
No, thats why it left
>>
>>79107224
Maybe, it's unpredictable
>>
>>79103925
underrated
>>
Why didn't Fro Doh just bury the ring in a safe in some random place? I know the ring wants to get back to Sauron but if it can get out of a locked safe or a vault then it might as well just jump out of his fucking pocket and roll to Mordor.
>>
>>79107392
Someone would find the safe
>>
>>79107460
Bury it really deep. Put the safe inside another safe, but put the key to the outside safe inside the inside safe along with the ring. Bury the key to the inside safe in another random safe far away. Hide the key to THAT safe in a locksmith's workshop.
>>
>>79106908
in the books it's Gandalf who is hopeful. He says there may be no orcs and perhaps even Balin is still there
>>
>>79107392
If they just hide the Ring, Sauron wins anyways. The only thing that stopped him from rolling over Gondor with his armies was Gollum's sick radical hardcore volcano jump.
>>
Why is Middle Earth so empty?

Seems like there's just a bunch of ruins and like 7-8 towns/cities.
>>
>>79107392
Someone would eventually find it. Also Sauron doesn't need the Ring to win.
>>
>>79107640
Designed by Todd Howard.
>>
>>79107640
Probably because the Fellowship deliberately picked a route that stayed clear of any settlements.
>>
>>79107234
the ring gets stronger the closer it is to Mordor
Bilbo was mostly just using it for dumb pranks on the other side of the continent
>>
File: middleearthlargelargerstill.jpg (1MB, 3200x2400px) Image search: [Google]
middleearthlargelargerstill.jpg
1MB, 3200x2400px
>>79107687
Sure but even if you look at the map as a whole. There's hardly any civilization.
>>
>>79104938
>it's hard to flesh him out because he's almost all backstory.
Even his sort-of redemption in the books doesn't happen until well into Two Towers, after Merry and Pippin rejoin Legolas, Gimli, and Aragorn; and you don't learn that he wasn't that bad of a guy until Faramir tells Frodo about it.
>>
>>79107731
It makes Third Age: Total War almost unplayable. The sheer fucking emptiness of Middle Earth means that most factions have to spend a dozen turns just moving to the next settlement.
>>
>>79107731
my guess is there would be many small settlements scattered around that aren't big enough to be shown on the main map, similar to those villages we saw in rohan, just before the battle of the hornburg.
>>
>>79107731
The map doesn't show every little village and hamlet. Hell, even Dale, which thrived after Smaug's death isn't shown on this map.
>>
>>79107731
pretty much every race is in decline for one reason or another. And the ones that aren't (orcs and hobbits) don't build cities
>>
>>79107731
LOTR is actually anpreapocalypting setting, like first Mad Max. Many people ten to forget that, but civilization in middle earth has fallen during the time of the books except for a few pockets like Shire or few Gondor cities that still stand. Why does it look like an empty wasteland? Because it is one.
>>
>>79107912
Preapocalyptic, fuck phoneposting
>>
>>79107731
Why did the go through Moria instead of taking the pass Bilbo used?
>>
>>79107944
It was watched by Saruman
>>
Best version of Two Towers?
>>
>>79107980
Yeah and the mine had a fucking Balrog in it lol.
>>
>>79108010
Still better chance than being insta spotted by Sarumans spies and having entire army of orks sent after them
>>
File: laughing royals.jpg (167KB, 858x990px) Image search: [Google]
laughing royals.jpg
167KB, 858x990px
>>79107997
>>
>>79108073
Why didn't Gandalf just magic up a passenger jet and fly it into Sauron's tower?
>>
>>79108239
he'd rather have 15 or so suicidal Haradrim do it and then take credit
>>
>>79108010
Which no one knew about.
>>
File: gandalf the brown.jpg (73KB, 1056x619px) Image search: [Google]
gandalf the brown.jpg
73KB, 1056x619px
>>79108239
What if Gandalf was Bin Laden?
>>
>>79108487
It would be extremely haram.
>>
>>79108550
You're a big eye.
>>
>>79104130
Whoever wielded it could easily dominate anyone. Pretty much it would turn the west into a tyranny, every ablebodied man would be drafted. As the war goes on, the easterlings and southrons would slowly be turned against sauron. Eventually sauron would lose.

The ring is like the ultimate rallying device.
>>
File: 1459511955243.png (15KB, 700x546px) Image search: [Google]
1459511955243.png
15KB, 700x546px
>>79108572
For you
>>
>>79109322
Yes I do.
>>
File: 1459528086553.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459528086553.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
>>79109374
Why does he wear the mask ?
>>
>>79109458
Mask is more scary, intimidates CIA's men.
>>
>>79103610
He was a faggot pampered by his father.
He was a loser pushed into a position he wasn't fit for and a lot of people make excuses for him because they can relate to be a colossal fuck up.

Faramir was always the superior sibling and is a shame they butchered him in the movie.
>>
>>79109458
CIA is so big.
>>
>>79109288
It's a rallying device - to Sauron. Remember, Sauron got bitch slapped before, by Numenorians, but managed to sweet talk and then corrupt them.
>>
>>79107731
So you're saying that there is a lot of earth in the middle?
>>
>>79103610
Boromir was right tho, Frodo was about to give it up, if it wasn't for the corrupting nature of the ring Sauron would have gotten it.
>>
>>79109742
POETRY
>>
>>79109635
He solo'd 20 orcs
>>
>>79107944
>instead of taking the pass Bilbo used?
Remember what happened to bilbo and co when they went into that pass?
>>
>>79108311
Gandalf did
>>
>>79110435
Safer than Moria, Balrog or no Balrog
>>
>>79110464
Not in the books.
>>
Wait, why was gandalf such a bitch, that he refused to go to Gondor?

Fuck the Maia, and their romanticization of horse-nigger culture and the shire.
>>
The ring made him crazy high and agressive.
>>
>>79104246
tfw you'll never control the one ring and have galadrial worship you and suck your fingers
>>
>>79111814

You'd be aggressive too if you had to travel with Pippin
>>
File: Boromir's_body_on_boat_-_FOTR.png (436KB, 1280x528px) Image search: [Google]
Boromir's_body_on_boat_-_FOTR.png
436KB, 1280x528px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDN1sA3Fpqg

Poor Boromir.
>>
>>79112016

>no blood

uh...what?

he got shot like 5 times
>>
>>79109742
Holy shit anon.
>>
>>79103610
weak faggot. i dont get why other faggots think his death scene was emotional. good riddance.
faramir is best mir
>>
>>79112095
lol fuck off pleb
>>
>>79112117
faggot
>>
>>79112128
queer
>>
>>79107392
>>79107460
>>79107591
What if you got on a boat, sailed for days into the deepest part of the ocean, then just chucked it over? Nigga no way anyone would ever find it
>>
>>79112095
This.
His entire point was to show the weakness of men.
>>
>>79112238
Middle Earth is conquered by Sauron and he eventually recovers it.
>>
>>79112295

More like the dangers of nationalism, only "his precious" hobbits were ever right.
>>
File: 1464459901392.gif (3MB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
1464459901392.gif
3MB, 300x196px
>>79112353
>m-muh poolitics
everytime
>>
>>79104794
Boromir was one of the best parts of FOTR.
>>
File: simply into mordor simply.gif (1MB, 384x162px) Image search: [Google]
simply into mordor simply.gif
1MB, 384x162px
>>79112726
>>
>>79104130
Read the book you fucking nigger.
The Ring doesn't turn everyone invisible. That was Jackson's faggotry. The Ring just accentuates the users abilities. Since Hobbits can hide well and want to remain unnoticed from the outside world, the Ring turns them invisible. Elves get powerful magic and beauty. Man becomes mighty and incredible charismatic. Etc... Boromir's father wanted to use the Ring against Sauron, but at the end of the day the Ring is part of Sauron's Will and eventually returns to it's master.
>>
File: 561542_23334_front.jpg (115KB, 640x921px) Image search: [Google]
561542_23334_front.jpg
115KB, 640x921px
Did any other bookfags in here play this? What did you think of it?

I fucking love it to death. The atmosphere is 10/10. Getting to explore the Old Forest and the Barrow Downs was a dream come true. And the soundtrack is god tier
>>
:3
>>
>>79107640

There's lots of towns and cities, they just have little relevance to the story and Tolkien spent enough time drawing maps of the continent both in the 3rd age and the 1st without having to pinpoint every burg and ville from Rhun to Eriador.
Its worth noting too that the Lord of the Rings takes place during a period of centuries-long decline in which several kingdoms like Arnor and Moria had fallen, and the ones that remained like Gondor and Rohan were in marked decline.
>>
>>79113166
Holy crap that was hilarious!

I like that the catapult idea got posted on Caturday.
Thread posts: 157
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.