[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Weirding Module is introduced into the Dune movie to replace

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: PDVD_163.jpg (37KB, 640x275px) Image search: [Google]
PDVD_163.jpg
37KB, 640x275px
The Weirding Module is introduced into the Dune movie to replace the Bene Gesserit martial art referred to by the Fremen as the Weirding Way.

Director David Lynch's decision to use modules was taken because he found the idea of the Weirding Way unworkable on film, stating he did not want to see "Kung-fu on sand dunes". The Weirding Module was later seen in the computer games Dune and Emperor: Battle for Dune as powerful hand-held weapons used by the Fremen Fedaykin special unit.
>>
>>79103532
It was objecively retarded decision
>>
This will be corrected when the Aiel are put on display in the upcoming Wheel of Time series.

Sorry, Herbert. You had your chance.
>>
what is the Weirding Way? They just use their voices to attack their opponents?
>>
>>79103532
i like it, it symbolizes the power of language
never read the books so i don't see what the issue is
>>
>>79103635
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Twmc6jUrNw
>>
>>79103532
And thus the shilling begins.
>>
>>79103678
I read the books and don't see what the issue is.
>>
>>79103721
There isn't any shilling going on here for the Wheel of Time series which will be debuting in 2018 on Amazon. This is a perfectly normal thread about Dune, a dumb book which has already had several failed adaptations
>>
>>79103684
WTF, they ripped off of Skyrim!
>>
>>79103635

The weirding way is just the Bene Gesserit extreme muscle control applied to combat.

Bene Gesserits can consciously control every single muscle in their body, even down to the tiny little ones on the side of a finger or on their face next to their nose.

Combat that muscular control with god-tier hand to hand combat skills and you have the weirding way.
>>
>>79103532
>>79103913
Aes Sedai would beat Bene Gesserit in a fight, don't you think? Amazon.com
>>
>>79103913
so Bruce Lee one inch punch, Lynch made the right choice
>>
>>79103913
so dumb and gay
>>
>>79103913
thanks. in the movie it appeared to be all about using the voice, didn't catch all that stuff myself
>>
>>79103948
Was Bruce Lee a fake and a fraud?
>>
>>79104032
he wouldnt survive modern mma
>>
>>79104018

The voice stuff is in the books, just in a different way.

One of the other talents the BG have is the ability to directly control a person by subtly pitching their voice to directly affect the subconscious.
>>
>>79104076
He didn't even survive a fight versus Wong Jack Man.
>>
wheel of time general thread

who was worse, nynaeve or elayne
>>
so dub and gay
>>
wheres muh dune II war movie
by michael bay
>>
Fact: Dune is neckbeard garbage.
>>
/thread
>>
>>79105983
this
>>
>>79105983
>>79107190
Pathetic samefag.
>>
/thread
>>
>>79107501
this
>>
File: you.jpg (42KB, 669x287px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
42KB, 669x287px
>>79107501
>>
>>79107638
You're not fooling me, witch.Go use your weirding ways in somewhere else.
>>
>>79105983
/thread
>>
>>
>>79107679
Some discussions and arguments are neckbeard garbage. Otherwise it is a grand epic of a mythological hero satisfying multiple prophecies, like Jeebus or Moses.
>>
>>79107679
>>79107786
Pathetic samefag.
>>

/thread
>>
>>79103913
i always thought "the voice" is some sort of neurolinguistic programming on steroids + the BG seed anchors in local religions to ease the way of manipulating societeies later...

isn't the sex-enslavement-technique of the honored matres a perverted way of weirding?
>>
I didn't have any problem with it.

In the book there is time to have lengthy asides about how proficient people are at martial arts and it describes it in flowery ways so it sounds half-mystical and honed over thousands of years into the future.

In the movie you have to convey that visually somehow and there's limited time to explain shit, especially since the Dune setting needs a fair amount of explaining.
>>
File: IMG_20170204_172937180.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170204_172937180.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
Reading dune atm. Pretty good so far senpai.
>>
>>79109370
wait til you get to the god emperor, it'll change the way you see the world.....
>>
>>79103532
Lynch was also obviously answering a producer's request to have "something like Star Wars. You know. They have those lazer swords."

Still, I think Lynch did a good job in both satisfying this request in an inventive way and making a statement about religion, language, power, and belief.
>>
The weirding way how i visualized it if shown with modern effects would basically just be called a matrix clone. Fuck dune and get chris pratt and jennifer lawrence in a butler jihad movie directed by michael bay
>>
by the way, as someone who rewatched Dune twice this week I'm liking daily Dune threads

even if they are viral shilling for the new movie
>>
>>79109587
The new Dune movie is from China.

The new Wheel of Time series is MADE IN AMERICA.

Your choice dudes and dudettes
>>
Arrival's director is too boring and conventional to do DUNE
>>
File: mad excellent.png (286KB, 656x368px) Image search: [Google]
mad excellent.png
286KB, 656x368px
>>79109264
lol this guy just sent me down a wikipedia hole just from the mention of "sex-enslavement-technique of the honored matres"
>>
>>79109524
your going to make anna farris sad
>>
God Emperor of Dune is the focus of the whole series and is where the first movie should begin. The first three books lead into it, and the last two expand out from it.

Leto II needed to become the most powerful person in existence, a literal God-Emperor. He deliberately held back and controlled the human species in order to guarantee their survival. Without him humans were liable to stagnate or kill themselves off. But he held a tight grip on humanity until its need to grow and expand exploded. When he died, there was nothing to hold people in and they exploded across the universe in the Scattering (and it's actually implied that they travelled into other universes as well).

Leto II left behind a legacy of tyranny, but he also guaranteed the infinite survival of the human species, though he had to sacrifice his humanity and his life to do so.

It's basically the story of Trump. Or at least that's how I see it.
>>
Can't wait for the wheel of time series
>>
My favourite character? Dashiva.
>>
File: IMG_1336.jpg (288KB, 726x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1336.jpg
288KB, 726x1024px
>>79105983
Face Dancer bastard. I'll have your water for my sietch.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.