[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I finally watched TDKR today. I have to say, for all the hype,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

So I finally watched TDKR today. I have to say, for all the hype, Bane went out like a complete fucking chump. Also, I don't understand why he kept standing with his hands like this. What is the point of that pose? Good film otherwise though. I think I may have liked TDK a bit more, but it certainly wasn't bad. Nobody seems to talk about Catwoman but Anne Hathaway was probably the best actress of all the girls in the series.
>>
>>79089632
Marion Cotillard was a huge letdown
>>
>>79089632
Tell me about Bane, why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>79089667
Yeah, she felt really underdeveloped and I didn't think her acting was all that good. Cool idea for a twist but the film didn't really need her.
>>
>>79089632
>Good film otherwise
are you shitting me
it was half-assed to hell, Nolan didn't care at all, almost every scene was "ah fuck it, good enough, cut"
>>
>>79089751
Post the webms
>>
>>79089632
Jesus fucking christ that dialogue. Are we sure Chris Cuckman didn't write it?
>>
>>79089632
it's comfortable, I used to do it when I played football a long time ago

You never really realize how much your arms weigh
>>
>>79089960
>bitching about a movie you haven't seen
>>
>>79089978
I have seen it.
>>
>>79090026
Then why did you act like you were surprised by one of the greatest lines in the movie?
>>
YOU'RE
>>
File: 4you.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
4you.webm
3MB, 720x480px
Honestly, I found this scene horribly disturbing.
>>
>>79090046
I saw it when it first came out and obviously had forgotten about this piece of treasure.
>one of the greatest lines in the movie
4u
>>
>>79089632
It's a pretty good movie with flaws that coud have and should have been easily avoided/fixed.

A 200 million dollar blockbuster can't afford a good fight choreographer? A different, better take of Talia's death scene couldn't have been shot and chosen instead of what we got? etc. but the movie is still a 6-7 out of 10 despite those flaws.
>>
>>79090281
I actually thought Batman vs. Bane round one was pretty damn good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDuetklFtDQ

I like the fancy move Bane does at 1:11.
>>
>>79090395
The fight itself is meh, which is a shame, because everything around it is good. The idea to not use music is good. A decent fight choreographer would have made it perfect.

Also the sound mixer or somebody clearly fucked up.
Bane sounds completely different when he says "members of the league of shadows" at 1:44 than in the rest of the scene or even the rest of the movie. It's so jarring.
>>
>>79089897
Don't have it, but here is the scene with some extras. I really hope this is how she talks and she is not about to cry...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FQS0y95yAL0
>>79090395
I also liked what they were going for, a not so super hero fight but I kinda messy realistic fight of two trained men. It still didn't come off as good.
>>
>>79090776
I want to hold her.
>>
>>79090776
Why is she speaking in gibberish? She spoke English in the movie. Is she having a stroke?
>>
the arm pose is meant to distract from him wearing high heels cause the actor is so small
>>
>>79091320
I thought it was weird that Bane is supposed to be this huge muscular dude. He looked kinda chubby.
>>
>>79089632

>watching the post-credits scenes
>>
>loved the dark knight
>pumped to go see tdkr
>opening scene
>that was kinda, weird
>wait, why did nobody do a simple background check and figure Anne Hathaway isn't the best choice to let wander around a mansion?
>where did they get those bikes from? Did they have them in the stock market?
>oh, I like how the car barriers are obviously ramps, wonder what's gonna happen now
>why do the cops not have a helicopter? Joker broke their only one?
>he's just going to turn a reactor into a bomb in like, 10 minutes? Uh, ok
>who decided to send every cop into the sewer?
>shouldn't that make Bruce's back worse?
>how did he get back in Gotham?
>have the cops been down there the whole time? Why did they bother shaving?
>did that 50 year old cop survive a fall off an overpass, in the back of a semi, with a giant hunk of metal in it?
>why are Banes henchmen not shooting the cops? I can see the cannon on that vehicle there, we know it's designed for military use, it doesn't have a coax?
>that guy just ran up and tried to hit batman with his gun, just shoot him
>just end already
>no one notices Bruce Wayne sitting there? Was that all just in Alfred's head?
>what the fuck did I just watch?
Haven't seen it since it was in theaters, but what a disappointing clusterfuck of a movie.
Tdkr were my Star Wars prequels
>>
>>79089632
It's a common way of standing if youre wearing a load bearing vest or a flak jacket. Those are heavy and weigh on your shoulders. Your can slightly relieve the pressure with your hands like this.
>>
>>79089632
Just like in the opening scene with CIA guy, it's Nolan's idea of how a badass would stand like.
>>
>>79091443

The fucking final confrontation, holy shit.

>baddies have automatic weapons
>cops have peashooters
>cops rush the baddies on foot like it's the fucking battle of Agincourt in 1415
>cops aren't obliterated
>>
>>79091590
This happens many times in movies, not just this one. It's not a flaw. Guys have guns but decide to fight instead. It's about honor or some shit.
>>
>>79091443
>by the way my name is ROBIN
>not Tim Drake
>not Dick Greyson
>not Jason Todd
>Robin
I literally said, "fuck you Nolan" out loud
No one said anything and I believe the guy in front of my nodded his head.
>>
>>79091632
>it's ok because other movies do it too
>these international mercenaries suddenly have "honor" or whatever instead of continuing to be an effective fighting force
I don't buy it
>>
>>79091680
While it was a very lazy reference it's not like he was actually meant to be Robin the superhero. He was the next Batman.
>>
>>79089632
>>79091545
>What is the point of that pose?

Its how he stayed huddled and bandaged up in teh pit. Its more of a comfort pose. Think of a self hug. Its pretty common for people with autism and also animals.
>>
Selina with suit > Talia > Normal Selina > Rachel 2005 > Juno Temple character > Rachel 2008 > that police officer
>>
>>79091731
It still tickles my tism
>>
>>79091293
>being ignorant as a joke

Fuck I hate you Americans.
>>
>>79091796
I'd like to tickle your tism, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>79091381
He was cultivating mass

Either way he was supposed to be more wrestling muscular, they usually have more fat
>>
>>79091902
I am rocking that morning wood right now. I'd let you.
>googled Anne Hathaway cat woman
>disappointed by ads
>turn on the killing joke to jack it to batgirl
Such is life
>>
Why didn't he creampie her right there?
>>
>>79091996
Because his legs were fucked so any physical exercise was agony?
>>
>>79091779
What the fuck do you find attractive about Katie Holmes?
>>
I was most surprised by the fact that Gotham was in America nearto New York. and that they just let it be run over.
>>
>>79092100
Bane moved too fast. By the time they could do anything the city was already held hostage.
>>
>>79092750
Yeah but America would at least try something.
>>
>>79092765
Like what, nuke it? Need I remind you that was already Bane's plan?
>>
>>79092794
Invade?
Surely the Government has some sort of plan in place?
>>
>>79092923
The government's not even competent enough to keep a Russian pawn from becoming president. Of course they wouldn't be ready for something like this, not to mention Bane had their hands tied because if they even ATTEMPTED to do anything, he'd blow up the city.
>>
>>79092794
>like what?
Seals/ODA secure the bomb, rangers lead an airborne assault to take the city.
This complete occupation of a major metropolitan area would be the kind of situation where I'm sure there would be little debate as whether or not to use federal troops on US soil.
>>
>>79089632
>Bane went out like a complete fucking chump.
I think it was creative that he didnt have a huge final battle, he was shot in the back.

>Batman austitically screeches during 3 movies about his no guns no killing rule
>City is saved by killing Bane cowardly...with a gun

Batman and no killing fags BTFO
>>
>>79093013
>Russian pawn
Oy vey.
>>
>>79093134
I mean, the fight between him and Batman pretty much was the final battle. It's just that it ended anticlimactically. What you said is true though.
>>
>>79089632
>What is the point of that pose?

he copied it from na z'hal gul, the villain in batman begins. Now I don't know why nazal ghoul did that either
>>
>>79093979
I don't remember him doing that pose.
>>
>That opening scene of the battle where the cops and bad guys all charge each other
>Think it's going to be a huge moshpit of dudes fighting
>they literally all just run past each other in the wide shot

Bane is the only thing good in this otherwise shitty movie
>>
>>79094963
What about Aiden Gillen?
>>
>>79094984
Everything about that opening is great. In hindsight, Baneposting makes you forget it's even a part of this movie. It's taken on an entire life of it's own
>>
>>79095450
It's weird. I'd seen Baneposting so much before I even watched the movie that when I finally did watch it, it didn't even feel like I was watching TDKR. Just, this short story starring Bane and the CIA agent, and then the movie actually begins.

It's almost like those little Pixar shorts before the film.
>>
This would have been better if Bane was actually Ra's. The plot would have been 90% identical. Plus, it would introduce the idea of the Lazarus Pits.
>>
>>79089632
TDK's Joker was way better than TDKR's Bane. For a conclusion to an epic trilogy, the villain sure was disappointing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFxQ-EdFl_M
>>
File: Cc-Z1O1W0AA2t7s.jpg (108KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Cc-Z1O1W0AA2t7s.jpg
108KB, 600x900px
Gotham means a haven for goats.
>>
>>79096805
That would be Gothlehem.
>>
>>79096120
Why would they have used those? Nolan Batman was always about realism. There was not a single instance of magic bullshit.
>>
What was your opinion of the plane scene
>>
>>79098746
It was big.
>>
>>79089682

He ugly

He his daddy's son AYYY
>>
>>79089632
I hate that pose so much. It left a strong unconscious impression on me and I just find myself inadvertently doing it anytime I'm just standing around and I look fucking autistic because of it.
>>
>>79099051
Does Bane look autistic because of it? Don't be ashamed of yourself. Deep down you know it makes you look badass.
>>
>>79091632
lol fuck off with your bullshit
>>
>>79093979
>>79094487
Actually I found a video of it now. He really did do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v58yzDYWjg

This video is straight up mindblowing. I watched the whole trilogy recently and still didn't notice any of this. Bravo indeed.
>>
>>79089632
What did you think of the opening scene and the CIA agent?
>>
Still better than BvS tho
Batman in prison was pure kino
>>
File: 1409794670483.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1409794670483.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
>>79089632
>I don't understand why he kept standing with his hands like this

It's meant to contrast with CIA's power stance, to show him as his very antithesis
>>
>>79090395
>the dubbed voices
>the angry grunting and screaming
>the terrible dialogue
>the horrible choreography

Why did anyone think this movie was good?
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.