[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some retards in this board actually think Arrival is a better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 1485501440631.jpg (22KB, 500x396px) Image search: [Google]
1485501440631.jpg
22KB, 500x396px
Some retards in this board actually think Arrival is
a better film than Contact
>>
Some retards in this board actually think scifi films are worth discussing
>>
>>79071070
I like contact, super comfycore, but I was always bummed out that they gloss over the whole "machindo" aspect from the book, really showed that the actual contact part was just icing on the cake, and the process of a world uniting to build the machine itself was the real gift.
>>
this desu
plebs all around
>>
AYO THIS IS ME

WATCHU GONNA DO NOW WHITEBOI
>>
I stopped watching Arrival halfway through.
It's an interesting concept but I fell asleep.
>>
>>79071161
how do people manage to fall asleep while watching movies
even fucking Sandler movies keep me up when I'm in the bus or the cinema
>>
File: 1461830063282.jpg (222KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1461830063282.jpg
222KB, 800x1200px
Yeah. I was pretty mad when people claimed that Arrival was very similar to Contact when all the stuff that made Contact great (deciphering the message) was basically just a montage in the middle of the movie.
I enjoyed Arrival but Contact is still much better in my opinion.
>>
>>79071236
i've fallen asleep watching the phantom menace and the seventh seal

not gonna pretend i've liked them
>>
>>79071236
I didn't actually literally fall asleep. Sigh. Why am I explaining this.
>>
>>79071070
but what if you compare it to intresteler?
>>
I haven't seen Arrival but Contact is 100% shit, so it almost certainly is better.
>surprise! we built another one without anybody noticing!
>praise religion even when it makes no sense for the character purely because most of the American audience is religious

Close Encounters of the Third Kind is garbage too.
>>
>>79071390
You forgot the worst part of all

>DUDE I'M AN ALIEN BUT I'LL TAKE THE FORM OF A HUMAN TO NOT SCARE YOU LMAO
>>
File: coop.jpg (23KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
coop.jpg
23KB, 306x306px
>>79071375
Well that movie was a gigantic pile of shit useful only to identify plebs from a lineup... so it doesn't change a fucking thing.
>>
File: Bantvdal.png (52KB, 166x215px) Image search: [Google]
Bantvdal.png
52KB, 166x215px
>>79071282
So you just lied?
>>
>>79071070
Why not both?

Does everything have to be a petty rivalry with you faggots? This against that, me vs you. Fucking kill yourself, kid.
>>
>>79071792
Because Arrival really is full of itself. It's not very good
>>
>>79071282
what a shitty metaphor m8
and I dared to think you could have decent aesthetics for once
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EWwhQB3TKXA
Pure kino.
I love this movie
>>
>lmao we secretly built another one
>>
>>79071733
I know you're just a meming contrarian but you know a movie doesn't need to be at least 20 years old to be good? Interstellar is one of the best sci-fi movies ever even with the 5D bookshelf
>>
>>79071070
2001, solaris (2002) and the fountain are the holy trinity of sci fi fantasy kino

Honorable mention to contact
>>
>>79071236
This. All of these people must be trolling
>>
File: Arrival.jpg (78KB, 876x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Arrival.jpg
78KB, 876x1200px
I'm old enough to remember when Arrival first came out and we had intelligent, laudatory threads for the first couple weeks. Then the movie got popular and the torrent came out so contrarianism reigns.
>>
>>79072086
>Interstellar is one of the best sci-fi movies ever
"No."
>>
>>79072967
It's normal for shills to show up early
>>
>>79073122
this
dubs confirm
>>
Contact is dumb
>>
>>79072967
every time
theres a .jpg detiling the cycle
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.