[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is the best character in Boardwalk Empire and why is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Jimmy_squared_suit.png (561KB, 529x841px) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy_squared_suit.png
561KB, 529x841px
Who is the best character in Boardwalk Empire and why is it Season One Jimmy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-mDAM8Q-ME
>>
Mickey was the best character.
>>
>>79065894
season two richard is better
>>
>>79065933
>unironically liking a character so edgy it cut off half his face

Season Two wasn't even the best season for his character.
>>
>>79065996
>Season Two wasn't even the best season for his character.
>being this much of a pleb
kys my dude. I bet you unironically like the harrowing.
>>
>jimmyfags
>>
>>79066032
The Harrowing was a good scene, but I felt the choice of having synthpop music playing in the background was a little weird and anachronistic
>>
>>79066032
>implying

Season Four is when his character really shone, pleb.
>>
The difference between a Jimmyfag and a Jimmybro is that a Jimmybro recognizes that Jimmy's arc was brilliantly done and came to a proper conclusion, while Jimmyfags mistakenly thought he was the real main character and are in denial about his death and therefore write off the rest of this great show
>>
>>79065894
Richard Harrow. Is this even an argument?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYHxOdqepl8
>>
>>79066159
OP here. Yeah, this. Brightest candles and all that. I mean, I like Jimmy so much that I almost wish they wrote the show different to let him survive another season, but nah.
>>
>>79066143
so you are a pleb, no surprised.
>>
>>79066194
>not posting the real version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw5pYWb-Ppc
>>
>>79066159
But only patricians know the final truth - that Jimmy was the main character, but got written off because Pitt was an addict and a royal cunt, and thus his arc in the end has no real meaning.
>>
>>79066276
Nice argument, faggot.

>>79066296
Let's face it. Buscemi was always going to be the main character, no matter what.
>>
>>79066296
No Jimmyfag. He was always meant to die. His arc was him trying to find a meaning and purpose to go on with his life, wether it was through creating a proper family or taking over Atlantic City (which he deluded himself into thinking was his by birthright since the Commodore was his father), but then in the end he realized that he did not actually want any of it and that he really died in the trench
>>
>>79066342
>Nice argument, faggot.
Nice argument, faggot.
>>
>>79065894
The more time goes by since it ended the more I realize that this is probably is my favorite show. Sopranos is a close runner up, but this had more of a dramatic flair that appealed to me. Fuck I need to rewatch this
>>
>>79066484
I really don't understand that. Boardwalk just felt like a soulless rehash of Sopranos to me.
>>
>>79066534
They are incredibly different though
>>
>>79065894
He was a literal motherfucker.
>>
>>79066534
>Boardwalk just felt like a soulless rehash of Sopranos to me.
I don't get how you could ever get that.
>>
File: jimmy.png (82KB, 400x538px) Image search: [Google]
jimmy.png
82KB, 400x538px
>>79066484
For me, I think a lot of the appeal compared to Sopranos is how carelessly violent criminals can be since there aren't forensics and RICO and all that. It's a simpler time. And yet you've got Nucky being more powerful and involved at a higher level than Tony because of all his connections.

Tony kinda blows Nucky out of the water, though.

>>79066580
>yfw you rewatch it and the first time they meet after Jimmy comes home, she hugs him while she's practically naked, after dancing.
>>
Michael Pitt literally one of the most underrated actors. Maybe it's because of his personality.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.