[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit what a masterpiece, and I don't even like The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: p168386_p_v8_aa.jpg (192KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p168386_p_v8_aa.jpg
192KB, 960x1440px
Holy shit what a masterpiece, and I don't even like The Beatles. Any other good musicals that use more popular modern music?
>>
this is not the musical board you retard
>>
This movie sucked ass, the performers were tone deaf and the writing was frankly boring.
>>
I like this movie a good amount but don't expect much discussion about it on /tv/.
>>
Inside Llewin Davis
>>
>>79048794
This. It's fucking shit.
That dude can't act, period.
>>
I enjoyed it. It gets a lot of hate but it's just pretty comfy and fun.
>>
I don't think it was amazing by any means, but it was a nice watch and some of the covers were actually pretty good.
>>
I love it. Extremely comfy movie. It has flaws, sure, but it's a pleasure to watch. At least for me. I know plenty of people against it so in a way it's a guilty pleasure.
>>
>>79048603
Fuck I remember watching thisn with my friend/gf in the theater who I would date for four years and breakup and never talk to again

Woooosh. Pretty good film tho
>>
>>79048603
worst covers ive ever heard: the movie
>>
It's weird - whenever I think of Across the Universe, I really love it and really hate it at the same time. It's very neat to look at and see how they worked Beatles songs in to a narrative, and I loved some of the visuals, but at the same time, it's very, very preachy and it mostly feels like the director made this movie to see if she COULD fit 20-something Beatles songs into one story.

She succeeded, but it's weird at times.

Strongest point is the visuals, though. Love the Mr. Kite, Dear Prudence, She's So Heavy/I Want You, I am the Walrus, I've Just Seen a Face... actually, every scene is pretty damn good visually.

I also kind of hate Bono so seeing him made me angry... but at the same time, the character he played was *SO* Bono that it worked.

All in all, yeah, really good but also really bad.

You get to see some nice tits in a PG-13 so that's cool
>>
>>79051252
I feel like it didn't preach anything beyond the ideas present in most Beatles songs/ music of that era anyway so I didn't mind.

I even didn't mind Bono because, as you mentioned, he played a dickish character. Movie had great direction and as far as modern musicals go, its a solid one.
>>
>>79051308
That's a good point about the themes. I guess when you're listening to Beatles' songs, you can infer things but when you see it on screen, it's a little more obvious (i.e., preachy).

Thinking more now, it did have some great visuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX6dHWyqwNo

Favorite line:
>Is there any reason you should not be in the Army, son?
>I'm a cross-dressing homosexual pacifist with a spot on my lung.
>As long as you don't have flat feet.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.