[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A refurbished Star Wars is on somewhere or everywhere. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: guinness.jpg (161KB, 1600x1202px) Image search: [Google]
guinness.jpg
161KB, 1600x1202px
>A refurbished Star Wars is on somewhere or everywhere. I have no intention of revisiting any galaxy. I shrivel inside each time it is mentioned. Twenty years ago, when the film was first shown, it had a freshness, also a sense of moral good and fun. Then I began to be uneasy at the influence it might be having. The bad penny first dropped in San Francisco when a sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times. His elegant mother nodded with approval. Looking into the boy’s eyes I thought I detected little star-shells of madness beginning to form and I guessed that one day they would explode.
>“I would love you to do something for me,” I said.
>“Anything! Anything!” the boy said rapturously.
>“You won’t like what I’m going to ask you to do,” I said.
>“Anything, sir, anything!”
>“Well,” I said, “do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?”
>He burst into tears. His mother drew himself up to an immense height. “What a dreadful thing to say to a child!” she barked, and dragged the poor kid away.

>Maybe she was right but I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities.

What did he mean by this?
>>
he means that he was trying to apply modernism to a postmodern world
>>
>>79039275
>tfw you can enjoy the fun of Star Wars while ignoring the spergs who take their love or hate of a space magic adventure too seriously
>>
>>79039275
Means Alec Guinness was an asshole. Could've said any number of things to push the kid to a more productive path since he idolized him.
>>
>>79039275
He was on the opposite spectrum of star wars man children. Maybe just as bad
>>
>>79039275
He was a wise guy irl too

and a good friend
>>
>>79039275
Bless you, Alec.
>>
>does stuff only for money
>acts like he has any integrity

it's not the kid's fault that he never starred in any other memorable movie
>>
>>79039791
>it's not the kid's fault that he never starred in any other memorable movie
>>
>>79039275
He's only mad because he knows that its the only role he will ever be known for, and most actors hate being known for just one role
>>
>implying you can't enjoy something and have a passion for it while also still living in the real world and having a life

Then again Alec was an old man.
>>
>>79039275
>Looking into the boy’s eyes I thought I detected little star-shells of madness beginning to form and I guessed that one day they would explode.
No joke, I think he sums up obsessive fandom perfectly here.

That shit's not healthy.
>>
>>79040508
He's a fucking child. Shit, I watched Lion King like 200 goddamn times as a kid, doesn't mean I'm obsessed with the Lion King or think its real life. Shit its just a movie.
>>
>>79040384
Literally what
>>
>>79039275
who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>79039791
>does stuff only for money
Everyone needs to earn a living; it's not like he's doing something really sleazy like out dealing smack or sucking cock.
>>
>>79039275
Daily reminder that the story about the kid crying was an exaggeration by guiness.
>Now here is the moment where we differ.
>Sir Alec says I then cried and my mother got haughty and dragged me away. Presumably without my coveted autograph.
>But that's not what happened at all.
>I said "Yes sir, I can." And then he got a pen, leaned his head down, (he was shorter than me and I can actually still see his freckles on his little bald head) and he wrote "To Danny, Remember you promised never to see Star Wars again. Love, Alec Guinness."
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.