[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Approaching halfway mark of a supposed classic and it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: Blade_Runner_poster[1].jpg (34KB, 297x446px) Image search: [Google]
Blade_Runner_poster[1].jpg
34KB, 297x446px
>Approaching halfway mark of a supposed classic and it's just mind-numbing

Does this disappointment ever happen to anyone else or am I just a pleb
>>
Nah, I also think that that movie sucked.
>>
File: BR.jpg (42KB, 1600x667px) Image search: [Google]
BR.jpg
42KB, 1600x667px
>>79027880
It took me a few watches to really like it. I thought it was just weird and boring the first time. I quite like it now though. I'd stick with it, just because the ending is fucking perfect.

(Also which version are you watching?)
>>
>>79027880
I like the movie for it's cyberpunk but overall it's boring
>>
>>79027880
I've always loved it because of the sounds, the overall atmosphere, the props and the sets. They're just perfect. I like the story and characters too, though.
I don't think just about anyone can enjoy it. You really gotta be some sort of a scifi enthusiast to enjoy it imo.
>>
considering you cant sit through one film without posting on 4chan im gonna go out on a limb and say youre a pleb, maybe you should try actually watching a film all the way through before forming an opinion on anything.
>>
The theatrical cut is more technical and far different. There is a narrator voice over and the story and atmosphere plays out like a 40s jazzy noir and 80s sci fi new age fusion into a dystopian setting. I like it better.
>>
>>79027880
Stop going on your phone or opening other tabs on your laptop and fucking immerse yourself in the movie you fucking faggot.
>>
>>79027880
The movie focuses heavily on building an atmosphere and world. It's almost meditative. Similar to 2001. It's not for everyone.
>>
>>79027880
Like others said I was mainly kept interested in the first parts of the movie by the world and the atmosphere, I somewhat agree that a lot of the story here is boring
Tears in the rain or whatever it's called is fucking great though, also the unicorn bullshit is pretty cool too
>>
>>79027880
It's slow for sure, but the atmosphere is incredible. It had an enormous influence on sci-fi that is still felt today.
>>
>>79027880
You have problems
>>
>>79028515
But even on x2.5 speed its boring
>>
kys.

Who stops films in the middle just to make a topic on the forums?!

You fucking disgusting pleb. Go slit your wrists.
>>
>>79027880
You've got to watch it a few times to enjoy it, and try to watch the final cut. Took me about 3 watches to really grasp it. Even if you don't like the story, the atmosphere of Blade Runner is incredible; so try to appreciate that.
>>
>>79027880
>mind-numbing
Sorry the words I think you were after were
>Deliberately paced
>Character driven
>Thoughtful
I can think of a number of reasons why these things may have escaped you both on viewing the film and just now when you let your mental diarrhea spill out onto these forums.
>>
>>79028684
>x2.5 speed
this is only acceptable for 4 hour+ movies. anything below 4 hours should be watched at normal speed you fucking pleb
>>
>>79028684
Are you fucking 15?
>>
This film is entry level. If you find it boring, just go back to watching Marvel flicks.
>>
>>79028776
>bladerunner fans genuinely believe this boring hunk of shit is "deliberate" and "thoughtful"

all it does is push a 2deep4u agenda and completely fails at asserting any sort of relevant substance
>>
>>79029077
>I'm so immature that I can't sit down for an entire movie without looking at my phone or browsing the web
lel
>>
>>79029077
It's not a deep movie. It's just paced and otherwise executed in a deliberate fashion. I'm not saying the bar is set high. I'm saying you're retarded.
>>
>>79027880
You're a pleb.
>>
>>79029097
i wanted bladerunner to be my favourite movie - i read the book and loved it and sought advice (on here) about which version to watch - sat down, turned all the lights off and prepared myself to be blown away

by the end i was praying for it to finish, it was so bland and boring and the >aesthetic that was created just became background noise to a relentlessly boring story and shit dialogue

>>79029148
that's a dumb argument, for it to be paced it has to build to something i.e have a good ending but it doesn't really, i think they just chase eachother through an old derelict apartment block and then Roy says something and then a guy makes some origami and it's over

completely forgettable, just like all of ridley scotts work
>>
>>79027880
It's been my favourite film since I was 17 and have watched it 1000 times.
But when I re-watched it a few weeks ago it had lost the appeal.

The acting besides Hauer is shitty, the plot is fairly lazy, shitty pacing.
It has some really nice aesthetics and set pieces, and that's about it. I'm even tired of the music.

Perhaps I've just seen it to many times, but I need a new favourite movie.
>>
I found the setting, music, photography, and atmosphere beautiful.
The characters are interesting, and do not behave like "normal" characters for obvious reasons.
The plot is relatively simple, but that's what needed for such setting and themes.
I frankly loved it, albeit yes the theatrical cut final scene kind of destroys the tone and damages the setting.
>>
>>79027880
>>79027917

Pleb filter thread?
>>
>>79029831
>Luke did I ever tell you, don't watch films again and again.
>>
the book is better
>>
>>79027880
The characters and story of this movie have never done anything for me, so while I admire how visually interesting and how good the soundtrack and sound design are, I've never actually enjoyed watching it, and have always been bored by it.
>>
>>79029831
>"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Blade Runner over a thousand times. I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Blade Runner again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand faux-intellgencia banalities"
- Harrison Ford
>>
>>79030569
Ford is my nig-nog
>>
so much plebs in this fucking thread
>>
It's a bit odd, but that sort of lets it stick out from the normal sci-fi schlock (compare with something like Totall Recall which is just as "smart," but completely different tone).

I feel like it strapped a bunch of things from the book in order to make it a much simpler story.
>>
>>79030651
From what I've heard Scott hadn't even read the book when he directed the film.
>>
>>79030617
>he can't tell it's an edit

some faggot posted a thread with actors quotes shitting on 'nerd culture' or some shit and so some other faggot edited it to make it seem just as retarded to shit on nerd culture as it is to hype it up.

but it's like this guy edited what originally was said by Alec Guinness about Star Wars to be Ford about BR.

THE MORE YOU KNOW! MEME KNOWLEDGE. BECAUSE KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE.
>>
>>79030857
It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it was something Ford had said after a few beers and after spending a few days on CC being annoyed a bunch of fat nerds.
>>
>>79027880
>>79027917
>>79027961
>>79028203
(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)

Bladerunner is a masterpiece on so many other levels than just the amazing setpieces you fucking plebs
>>
1.total recall
2 the matrix
3 blade runner
>>
>>79031434
>Bladerunner is a masterpiece

Can't even spell the title right.

Two words: Blade Runner
>>
>>79027880
nah man it's the same for me.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great world and I enjoy the atmosphere at the beginning. It has nice acting, it basically hits all the checkboxes. But in the end I always struggle to not fall asleep. I want to love this movie, but I guess I never will.
>>
But which version is the best?
>>
File: b r .webm (2MB, 1064x480px) Image search: [Google]
b r .webm
2MB, 1064x480px
look at this, what a joke
>>
File: blade-runner-cityscape.jpg (183KB, 1600x669px) Image search: [Google]
blade-runner-cityscape.jpg
183KB, 1600x669px
It's beautiful though
>>
>>79033408
every anime ever

overrated as heck
>>
>>79029252
>by the end i was praying for it to finish, it was so bland and boring and the >aesthetic that was created just became background noise to a relentlessly boring story and shit dialogue

But that's almost everybody's first experience. They had to try three times to get through it, and on the third try, it becomes one of the greatest movies ever made. It's so many people's experience that it has to be mentioned in every thread.
>>
>>79027880
First time I watched it I was really bored and didn't like it
Second time I watched it I started to like it and found it interesting
Third time I watched it, it became my favourite movie.
>>
>>79027880
>unable to sit through a 2-hour movie without playing with his devices
>thinks his opinion is worth sharing
Nope! No one cares kid, go clean your room.
>>
>>79027880
I didn't like Blade Runner the first time I saw it either, however, since you're actually posting on /tv/ in the middle of watching a movie, it's safe to say you're a pleb.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.