[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? >a thinking persons sci-fi Please don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: Capture.png (324KB, 836x418px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
324KB, 836x418px
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

>a thinking persons sci-fi

Please don't tell me the normies think they're smart because they understood the ending

This was a 7/10 AT BEST and I'm being very generous
>>
this generation's Interstellar
>>
It was well directed and a very pretty movie but holy fuck was it underwhelming. Maybe that's my fault for allowing myself to buy into the hype before seeing it.
>>
>>78990750
>It was well directed and a very pretty movie

I cant argue with this, it's just the 2deep4u stuff was not deep at all. It was creative sure, but it was very tedious to sit through until the big reveal at the end
>>
>>78990799
>>78990716

You make this complaint about literally everything, who do you think you're fooling? It's hilarious to predict when neckbeards will say this shit.
>>
A "thinking person's sci-fi" doesn't mean "smart enough to get the ending" you fucking imbecile
>>
>a solid 8.5/10 movie gets good reviews because its genuinely good
>tee vee hates it
really makes u think
>>
>>78990982
didn't think it was bad

just a bit of a let down with all the hype

They could have made this movie direct for TV on ScyFy
>>
>>78990716
Bingo. It was pretty decent actually, but I don't get the superlatives.
>#156 of top 250
>ranked above Fargo, The Thing (1982), Network, The Wages of Fear, The Nights of Cabiria, The Wizard of Oz, Jaws...
OK pal. Anyone think this film will still be talked about in ten years?
>>
in my opinion it was pure kinémà

op probably just didn't get it

i'm going to rewatch this for years to come
>>
>>78990716
>good quality rip is uploaded
>/tv/ filled with idiots saying "HOLY SHIT THIS MOVIE WAS SO DUMB AND OVERRATED!!!!1111"

Every fucking time.
>>
>>78990716
>a """"thinking persons"""""" scifi

original phrase for that was "a thinking mans xxxxxx". because look at what happends if you way "a thinking womans xxx", sounds ridiculous and fucking makes no sense at all.

what went wrong?
>>
>>78990732
Interstellar was leagues better than this.
>>
>>78991423
while i loved this flick, i have to say that you can only have an unbiased opinion of something if you didn't pay for it. look up post-purchase rationalization
>>
>>78990716
Is there such a thing as a "thinking man's sci-fi" in cinema anyway?
>>
>>78991443
I haven't watched the movie at all. In fact I made the statement that a rip came out as a pure guess just based on timing. Thanks for confirming it.
>>
>>78990952
That's entirely what it means you fucking muppet. This movie was expertly crafted to make even border line retards understand what they were going for and allow faux intellectuals something to "ponder" over when it's one of the shallowest sci Fi movies ever made.

Basically, it's a movie for stupid cunts that makes them feel smart.
>>
that part were she said 'i don't understand' was genius because of her made up kangaroo story earlier in the movie. it's kino
>>
This movie is great as long as you cut out anything that has to do with her daughter.
Her daughter segments was entirely unneeded other than pulling for "feels" points.
>>
File: AlexJones.jpg (237KB, 900x1121px) Image search: [Google]
AlexJones.jpg
237KB, 900x1121px
Daily Reminder that it is the beginning phase of Chinese Propaganda and their plan to take over Hollywood.
>>
>>78991467
It doesn't mean that at all, there's no reference to understanding what happened in the movie. It just means the movie was thought-provoking, which it was very much so. You insecure alt right manbabies say this exact same criticism about anything with themes. You aren't a special snowflake.
>>
Watched it, wasn't all that impressed, somewhat of a letdown overall - absolutely not a 94% on any scale that I'd ever use.
>>
>>78991591
>Her daughter segments was entirely unneeded

It caused her to make an extremely high-stakes decision, which illustrated the change in her perspective after beginning to view time non-linearly.
>>
Fucking horrible dialogue (especially at the end), and the main character turned out to be an unlikable selfish bitch.

Interstellar was much better, even though causal loop plots feel cheap to me.
>>
>you can only have an unbiased opinion of something if you didn't pay for

no wonder people gave these new star wars movies good reviews

brava RLM
>>
>>78991763
>Fucking horrible dialogue (especially at the end)

This is never, ever true when said by /tv/ neckbeards. Stop saying it, you're not qualified to.
>>
>>78991591
I thought all the daughter stuff was actually happening in real time in a non linear timeline and that's why she was all fucked up 24/7

SILLY SILLY SILLY!
>>
>>78991786
>"Let's make a baby."

Eric Heisserer is a fucking hack: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2104063/
>>
>>78991647
>It's thought provoking
I'd love to hear what thought was provoked in you since you were clearly the target "I'm a fucking idiot" audience.

There's nothing to fucking ponder, you are provided no meat to chew on unless "dude lmao what if you already knew the out come of every decision you made" is somehow deep thinking material for you?

Or "would you still have a child if you knew they would die early"?
>>78991681
>High stakes decision
?
>>
>>78991820
>Let's make a baby
>Fits perfectly in with his sense of humor and personality, exactly something that character would say
>"bad dialogue"

That's what I mean, stop posting. You're clueless. Just accept that you have no idea what good or bad dialogue looks like.
>>
>immediately called that redditors and faux intellectuals would fawn over this movie after viewing it
Lowest common denominators love this movie.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 206x156px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 206x156px
>>78991786
>I spent all my life looking up at the stars

Literally throw up in my large popcorns
>>
>>78991647
You write like a woman.
>>
>>78991836
"Let's make a baby" was quicker to type than the entire scene with Jeremy and Amy sitting outside and looking at the sky.
>>
File: OP method acting.gif (1MB, 245x175px) Image search: [Google]
OP method acting.gif
1MB, 245x175px
It's just a hacky line used by writers to fill white space. Dishonest OP with his fake outrage is just looking for conversation partners. Look up reviews for Upstream Color, Coherence, Under the Skin, Ex Machina, they'll all have at least one reviewer dropping the 'thinking consumer's anything' line.
>>
>>78991829
How is that not thinking material? Because you've considered it before that means no one else is allowed to find it interesting?

Let me help you understand why everyone you've ever met thinks you're an insufferable pseudo-intellectual: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
>>
>>78991908
>high-ability individuals may underestimate their relative competence and may erroneously assume that tasks which are easy for them are also easy for others

sounds like me
>>
File: 1483012335906.jpg (74KB, 1019x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483012335906.jpg
74KB, 1019x600px
>looking at smoke circles allows you to time travel out of nowhere

SO AMAZING SO INSIGHTFUL OMG
>>
>>78991908
Nice rebuttal there, nancy.
You proved my point.
>>
It was great you fucking plebs
>>
>>78991984
It was pleb you fucking great
>>
>>78991993
It was fucking you great pleb
>>
Interstellar did it better desu
>>
File: 2vg9Wcl[1].jpg (71KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
2vg9Wcl[1].jpg
71KB, 500x500px
>>78991871
>>
>>78991956
>proved your point

You have no point. Every time a movie comes out that has philosophical themes, without a single exception, there's a demographic of pathetic lards who loudly proclaim that it's "philosophy 101" "2deep4u" etc.

Having noticed this hilarious pattern means your "point" is nothing more than unintentional cringe comedy.
>>
File: Untitled.png (501KB, 756x624px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
501KB, 756x624px
>>78990716
reminder sphere was a better alien flick and it had no aliens
>>
do i need subtitles?
>>
>>78992041
I fucking love that everytime there is an edgelord who has to abuse the word philosophical just because the movie talks (badly) about something.
How does Arrival or any other scifi of this kind have any philosophical implication when everytime they confront nonlinear timelines they avoid to discuss about the implication of a nondeterministic universe?
>>
>>78992107
if you do, it's only for 1 scene and you can get by without them if you just follow what amy adams is saying

i had no subs and understood just fine
>>
>>78992050
>Genre: Classical, avant-garde, modernist
ahh, i get it. if we change the genre of objectively garbage movies it will eventually get a few fedora tipping hipster faggots to pretend it's good so they can score some that juicy social capital

it's already working
>>
>it was trying to be 2deep4u but it wasn't too deep for me, haha! And therefore it's shit.
I want fauxtricians off my fucking board.
>>
>>78990750
>well directed
i hated when they showed the fucking characters or anything BUT the fucking space(orwhatever)ship or what's happening
>>
>>78990716
poor man's Slaughter House 5
>>
>>78990716
4/5. Good directing and interesting premise. Kinda fell apart a bit at the end. The middle was pretty solid but I think they should have focused more on the way that the news can influence the massses. They had the soldiers try and blow the shit up but other than being a nice shot it didn't amount to anything.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.