[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Netflix should get the rights to Cirque du Freak and make a show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Cirque_du_freak.jpg (22KB, 315x475px) Image search: [Google]
Cirque_du_freak.jpg
22KB, 315x475px
Netflix should get the rights to Cirque du Freak and make a show in the same format as a Series of Unfortunate Events. Both are good book series for young readers with about one dozen entries, both had a poorly received movie that killed all possibilities for sequels. I feel this is the best way to adapt the series and give it another chance. What do you guys think?
>>
>>78957600
You're 100% right. I liked the movie though.
>>
>>78957711
I never watched it, it just looks like a fucking mess. John C. Reily is a terrible miscast for Mr. Crepsley. Also heard they added characters that weren't in the books, which is totally unnecessary.
>>
>>78957600
>>78957711
>>78957777

Dubs, double dubs, and quads. Damn
>>
>>78957600
Shit true. I loved those books as a kid but I didn't know what to think of the last one. It was too weird and depressing for young me.
>>
>>78957777
John C. Reily was the best part. I never actually read the books though, just the manga adaptations.
I was a bigger fan of the Demonata series.
>>
>>78957600
I am Ted Sarandos and I will do this for you anon. But only because you got dubs
>>
>>78957600
They should do the Demonata instead. It's better imo
>>
which Darren Shan book had that intro chapter where an entire passenger airplane gets slaughtered in incredibly gory detail.
was pretty memorable for 9 year old me.
>>
YES PLEASE. I appreciated the movie for what it was, having waited for it for EONS, being teased with only rumors of its production forever and ever until that first trailer was released. But it confused too many people, squeezing too many plot devices together in one movie. The book series is one of the most influential stories of my youth.
>>
>>78957600
Not a bad idea OP
>>
I found a petition someone made to bring it to Netflix. Don't know if these have ever accomplished anything, but hey, why not?

https://www.change.org/p/netflix-netflix-please-adapt-the-cirque-du-freak-series-by-darrenshan?recruiter=192502606&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
>>
>>78958789
Demonta 6
>>
>>78957600
I fucking loved those books as a kid. There was like 12 books so there's definitely enough material. As long as it doesn't get turned into a faggy vampire drama I think it could be pretty dope. One of the things I remember from the books is when the main kid is playing street hockey with some other random kids and one of the kids keeps antagonizing him by like elbowing him and stuff so the main character slams his hockey stick on the kid's legs and breaks them. I thought that would be so cool to do back when I was in like the fourth grade
>>
>>78959317
Yah no gay vampire shit, just stick to the books tone. A little juvenile, but really fucking dark at times.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.