[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else seen this? Best Gook-Kino I've seen in years.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: file_749623_Wailing1.jpg (904KB, 1944x2880px) Image search: [Google]
file_749623_Wailing1.jpg
904KB, 1944x2880px
Anyone else seen this?

Best Gook-Kino I've seen in years.

I normally find gook shit overrated as fuck. Honestly I've only ever found a few gook films to be really good, The Chaser is one of them I guess.

But I think this now qualifies too. Definitely would be in my top 10 movies of 2016. Worth watching.
>>
File: Swimsuit_(50).jpg (148KB, 768x964px) Image search: [Google]
Swimsuit_(50).jpg
148KB, 768x964px
i'm giving at least two bumps since the front page is nothing but absolute garbage and I want to talk about this chink shit with someone
>>
File: XvVyxu7.jpg (228KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
XvVyxu7.jpg
228KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>78944875
Chaser and Wailing made by the same director, mate. What else did you saw by koreans though?
>>
File: The Wailing (2016). 01.jpg (160KB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
The Wailing (2016). 01.jpg
160KB, 1280x536px
It's a beautiful looking film.

One of my favourites from last year.
>>
>>78945195
Say gook and chink a few times more and I'll consider it
>>
File: sam - good boy.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sam - good boy.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
>>78945549

well, not to much I guess

The usual people mention. The trilogy of films including Oldboy. Thought the other two were shit, thought Oldboy got worse after repeated viewings, although still decent.

A Bittersweet Life. Kind of bland

Memories of Murder. I remember it being well made but it fell flat for me.

I Saw The Devil. Thought it was trash. Won't bother explaining why.

The Host. I remember enjoying this but it was nothing special. Primo gookflick I suppose.

Joint Security Area. Enjoyable. Forgettable. The only thing I do remember is how overly dramatic it was.

Taegukgi, or Brotherhood I think it was. Same criticism as before, battle scenes were well done.

I've seen maybe 10 or so more movies I guess, I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Definitely going to check out The Yellow Sea, now that you've told me it's the same director as The Chaser and this movie. There's apparently been quite a few decent Korean films this year so I'll give them a chance, consider this year has been one of the worst years for regular western films I can remember.

>>78945733

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW6xMt1iH1M#t=4m15s
>>
>>78945657

Yes it certainly was very nice to look at. Not just the camera work but also le mise en scène

A nice bonus for me was seeing a more rural Korea on film. It feels like most of the Korean films I've seen have been set in dense cityscapes. The Shamanism angle was cool to see to.

Honestly, it's a strange film right? I can't quite put my finger on it. It feels like a mashup of several genres. There's comedy, some elements that feel slapstick and others that are more black comedy. There's fantasy and horror, and there again some elements feel well done standard b-movie scares and intrigue and others that are kino. And it's wrapped up in a drama movie that's tremendously well scripted and acted.

I don't know if you'd call it a criticism or not, but like I said I still can't figure it out. For lack of better descriptive terms, and using hyperbole, would you describe this more towards a straight up mystery/horror "flick", or would you elevate it above that into something more "kino".

Fuck, I'm not a faggot, I can't describe what I mean. Let me say it like this, I think everyone would agree It Follows and The Witch are both great horror films. Where on the scale between those two would The Wailing lie?
>>
downloading now - love the director this slipped under my radar

Anything else I missed from Korea in 2016?
>>
>>78946499
Handmaiden
Age of shadows
>>
>>78944875

Is it a horror movie? I can watch thrillers all day long but something about how cheap and manipulative most of horrors are pisses me off. The only ones I've liked that I can recall were The Witcher and Antichrist.
>>
File: as.jpg (106KB, 971x316px) Image search: [Google]
as.jpg
106KB, 971x316px
>>78946585

>720p.HDRip
>5.78Gb

the fuck is this
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.