[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've always thought this was some kind of Vampire Diaries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: trueblood.jpg (352KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
trueblood.jpg
352KB, 1024x768px
I've always thought this was some kind of Vampire Diaries derivative, but today I was looking for a new show to watch so I checked out the catalog of Alan Ball, who made Six Feet Under my favorite show to date, and apparently HE created True Blood.

So is it good and comparable to SFU?
>>
>>78936952
First 3 seasons were good the rest is shit
>>
It's "pulp fiction" and pretty bad overall.
>>
>>78936952
normie consumerist shit.
youll love it op!
>>
It's nothing like SFU. It's cheesy romance, crazy violence and vulgarity with all kinds of silly supernatural stuff. It's a "fun" show and I strangely liked it a lot.
>>
I got turned on every time she was on screen.
>>
File: DAW strips.webm (660KB, 552x720px) Image search: [Google]
DAW strips.webm
660KB, 552x720px
>>78938107
>tfw no perma-virgin teenage redheaded vampire gf to feed off of you
>>
>the show uses vampires as a metaphor for the LGBT community, including using terms like "coming out of the coffin" and discrimination from religious groups
>every vampire depicted in the show has murdered at least one innocent person, seem to naturally be physically and sexually violent so have to restrain themselves at all times to fit into human society and are closely associated with drug use and spreading disease

what did they mean by this?
>>
>>78936952
It's garbage

Turned it off in episode 1 where the vampires are literally fucking each other and hissing while trying to look menacing. It's a god damn mess
>>
>>78938940

they meant the governor didn't do anything wrong and both vampires and gays need to be exterminated in death camps
>>
>derivative
>created

It was a goddamn YA Erotic fiction series told entirely from Sookie's retarded first person view. The show managed to be slightly less retarded.
>>
File: 1458672135551.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1458672135551.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>78938884
>>
File: pam.gif (2MB, 640x354px) Image search: [Google]
pam.gif
2MB, 640x354px
>>78936970
this

I only kept watching for Pam, but eventually even she wasn't enough.

Fucking GOAT theme song though.
>>
>>78938940
>the show uses vampires as a metaphor for the LGBT community

No it doesn't
>>
>>78936952

1st and 2nd seasons are great, very imaginative and fun, great characters all round. It has a very Southern Gothic feel at the start.

Then it starts to suffer from the same problems that Dexter did in season 3
>>
>>78936952
Meh.
>>
>>78936952
I used to have a poster of that image on my wall when I was 12.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.