[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"I may have eaten the intestines of two girls and broke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 8

File: split.jpg (263KB, 800x1187px) Image search: [Google]
split.jpg
263KB, 800x1187px
>"I may have eaten the intestines of two girls and broke the spine of an old woman... but at least I'M NOT A RAPIST!"

What did the M. Night mean by this?
>>
when was that implied ? why do you make the same thread over and over again?
>>
Based on the rules of this universe established in Unbreakable, everything has a balance. Is there 24 people sharing one personality out there somewhere?
>>
>>78932019

Which one of his personalities is Xavier? How does this tie into the next Xmen movie?
>>
>>78932155
with Xaviers skizo son, Legion
>>
>>78932019

> don't wanna see the films but heard the death scenes are pretty fucked up
> all i can find is some nignog explaining what they are like

fuck this
>>
>>78932019

How will the final fight between The Horde and Unbreakable go down? Aren't both of them pretty much invincible as long as Unbreakable doesn't go near water?
>>
>>78933163
Maybe mr glass will team up with the horde and tell beast to drown him, I'm sure mr glass is bitter about being forced to live in a mental institution away from his comics
>>
“People talk to me about that movie all the time. Night’s still around. Bruce is still around. I’m still around. And I’d love to break out of the asylum.” - Samuel L Jackson, 2015

Who /hype/ as fuck?
>>
>>78933295

>Mr. Glass breaking anything except his brittle bones.
>>
>>78932109
We are Legion. For we are many.
>>
>>78933106
the death scenes are not that extraordinary
>>
File: 1485614505293.jpg (194KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
1485614505293.jpg
194KB, 825x464px
>>78933385
I disagree. The scene where he kills his therapist was incredible.
REJOICE
>>
>>78933221
nah, Mr. Glass wanted to find superman, not to become or make a supervillain, if he teams up with anyone, it will be agains The horde
>>
>>78933163
What im wondering is

Who else will Security Man face?
>>
>>78933469

M.Night was only planning to make a trilogy, so it's probably unlikely that any new 'villains' will be introduced.
>>
>>78933432
the broken knife ruined it for me. without this and by saying that the bullets were blanks they could have dropped all supernatural elements completely and make it a better movie
>>
>>78933347
>make all the asylum patients his henchmen
>break out using his henchman
>go after Bruce
>>
>>78933491
Pity.

Wanted to see him fight villains like Mr. Sluts and team up with CIA
>>
>>78933469
Dunn saw the news, searches the girl to get info on the horde, senses about her raper uncle, punishes it, now girl trusts him, tells all she knows, they get to know about the train accident was the same so they visit mr glass because he's a mastermind, to give info how to find the horde
>>
>>78933106
You're missing out famalam
>>
>>78932019
>expect a crazy person to think like a normal, rational person...

Come on now, anon...

On another note: I thought his intention would be to traumatize the girls in hopes any of them would develop multiple personalities and become "perfect" as well, so he would not feel so alone. Alas...
>>
>>78933817
He already is not alone.

Tbh I expected his transformation to be scarier
>>
>>78933856
> he wasn't intimidated by that veiny wall-climbing monstrosity
>>
File: 1485726617842.jpg (226KB, 900x850px) Image search: [Google]
1485726617842.jpg
226KB, 900x850px
Did anyone else think he was going to fucking collapse and die when blood started to leak out of his mouth when he was tearing those bars open?
>>
>>78933496
LOL you fucking idiot
>>
I thought for sure that the girls would end up being his personalities and that they'd get a gun and shoot him but the ending would be police watching a video tape of him killing himself.

Filth was better. M. Night is still a hack. Enjoying those airbending bucks?
>>
>>78934334
Can I get a quick rundown?
>>
File: screen480x480.jpg (17KB, 367x480px) Image search: [Google]
screen480x480.jpg
17KB, 367x480px
>>78932109
[anonymity intensifies]
>>
>>78934456
What a horribly retarded assumption. Never write.
>>
>>78934456
> Enjoying those airbending bucks?

He funded the entire film, only cost 9 million to make. Guess what? It's been 9 days and he's already remade 10× his budget, 100 million. Film is projecting to hit 300 million, on a 9 million dollar budget
>>
>>78934469
Anyyyyya lmao locks herself in a cage and the beast starts bending the bars >>78933432, pic related.
>>
>>78934542
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>78934542
How'd he get bruce willis to cameo with 9 million? Wasn't he asking for a million a day back when he was shooting expandales?
>>
>>78934996
Maybe he did it as a favor? Even if it's not a friendly courtesy it's a smart move because if the movie is successful enough and creates hype, he is set to star in a sequel where he can demand big bucks.
>>
>>78934996
Contract clausel

>will be making sequel of this movie prolly, cameo bruce pls. xoxoxo shymalam
>>
>>78935069
Shamlam shouldn't have dragged Bruce into this 2bh, he's a greedy motherfucker, unbreakable two might flop unless bruce agrees to box office points
>>
>>78933469
> yfw shyamalan's the next villain
>>
Split was fucking terrible.

>oh The Beast is real btw lol
>and.... and he has super natural powers so you can't kill him xd
>also did I mention the main character was raped? oh you missed that? well here are 20 more flashbacks for you to piece it together!

Wow! Bravo!
>>
>>78934996
I'm pretty sure he said he was always interested in doing a sequel to Unbreakable.
>>
>>78935419
This, I should've been spoonfed like I would've been in a marvel film
>>
The message to this movie seems to be "let abuse happen, its ok."
>>
>>78935419
>oh The Beast is real btw lol

Would the film have been better if he weren't? Why?

>and.... and he has super natural powers so you can't kill him xd

Throughout the film you're shown and told that physical characteristics of a person change according to the personality - both stronger and weaker. This was taken to an extreme - it's just as unrealistic as a guy who is near-invincible and can detect crime by bumping into people ("Unbreakable").

>also did I mention the main character was raped? oh you missed that? well here are 20 more flashbacks for you to piece it together!

Why did this have to be more subtle? I thought there were just enough flashbacks - to establish that the main character knows about hunting/survival techniques, the molestation by the uncle, main character's inability to eliminate the problem and then continued abuse once the father dies.

The only criticism I would level at the film was some of the dialogue, especially at the end: "Isn't that like the guy who was put in prison a couple of years ago? What did they call him?"
"Mr. Glass"

The "Unbreakable" soundtrack and Bruce Willis looking at the television screen would have been enough.
>>
The Visit was better. This movie didn't even have a proper plot twist.
>>
>>78935535
>antagonist is a traumatized individual
>manifests multiple personalities to protect the abused personality
>comes to believe that people who have not been abused are weak because he needs to reaffirm to himself that he is strong and the abuse inflicted upon him is a good thing
>the message is "let abuse happen, it's ok"

Not:
>girl who has been abused by his uncle goes through an ordeal and discovers the strength to stand up against him
>>
>>78933440
he wanted to find his opposite. and by doing so he became a villain. watch the move!
>>
>>78935685
>"Isn't that like the guy who was put in prison a couple of years ago? What did they call him?"
>"Mr. Glass"

Oh, well yeah, it goes without saying this was terrible dialogue. It was so embarrassingly bad that I figured M. Night Shlalaman purposely made it corny, as a sort of comic-booky wink to the audience.

>Would the film have been better if he weren't? Why?

Here's the thing about Split. It was kind of billed as a scary movie/thriller/horror movie. I came into the movie not knowing what to expect. Everything about McAvoy's character seemed frightening. The psychiatrist goes through great lengths to convince everyone - scholars, the public, us, the audience, that McAvoy's condition is REAL and that it's a real possibility in actual life that a person could have 23 different personalities, and each one can change the body in its own way. The audience is engrossed in this character because we start to question whether it's all "make believe" and we start to believe it's a real possibility. McAvoy even asks something like, do people believe it's a real condition? It's scary because you start to think it might be real.

But then the movie changes. It goes from, borderline realism/horror to goofy super natural comic book. I thought I was going to get a smart and scary thriller but instead I got a spooky capeshit movie. "The Beast" is real! Not only can he change his body, he can't die from bullets and he can climb walls! The movie works so hard to convince you that it's a real condition and then it basically says, lol just kidding it's SUPER NATURAL!

If you like capeshit, you were probably fine with this "twist" - it was probably cool to you that he couldn't die and could bend bars. I thought that was stupid. It just goes way past the realm of possibility for me and turns into this corny super natural flick when I thought it was going to be a smart horror flick. I thought I was getting Psycho and instead I got a spooky Sci-Fi channel original.
>>
>>78935419
Youre fucking retarded boy
>>
>>78936093
But that's just it - the psychiatrist works hard to convince everyone that the condition is real, yet she herself is in disbelief at the possibility of "The Beast", somebody that can scale walls and bend steel bars. It's about the limits of belief. Her colleagues think that she is wrong about the multiple personalities just like she dismisses "The Beast". The audience agrees with her - I certainly did - so once it turns out to be real, it challenges suspension of disbelief because it really is so unbelievable.
>>
File: hqdefault (4).jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (4).jpg
8KB, 480x360px
Kevin's dad died in the same train crash that Dunn was in. Mr Glass actually created a supervillain.
>>
>>78936415
>Mr. Glass directly contributes to the creation of a supervillain by causing the train crash and the death of Kevin's father
>Dunn indirectly contributes to the creation of a supervillain by choosing to ignore the vision with Kevin and pursue another one
>>
>>78935884
yeah, he became villain in the process, but not because he wanted to harm people, but to find superman
>>
>>78936504
Jaguaro is my favorite bit of retroactive foreshadowing
>>
>>78936547
He seems to have embraced it by the end of the movie.
If he reappears, he would very likely feel it his duty to continue to play the villain.
>>
>>78936504
I saw unbreakable last night. Was the kid with the mom who Dunn touched and heard abuse supposed to be Kevin now?
>>
>>78936572
That's the theory, yeah.
>>
>>78932109
sens24
>>
>>78932019
>this, unbreakable and the sixth sense are his best films
was shamylamylamylamylan born to make capekino?
>>
>>78933496
>there are people this stupid anonymously giving their opinions on /tv/
>>
>>78936572
>>78936759
did they get off the train, and his dad on the train before the accident?

Kevin's dad died on the train, not kevin
>>
>>78932019
>What did the M. Night mean by this?
Had to make up for the fact that Dunn went after a killer in unbreakable, instead of the rapist.
>>
>>78935535
I think you really missed the point.
The message of this movie is no matter how much shit you go through, you have the power to reinvent yourself, for better or worse.
It's your decision. The main girl was abused and is at her lowest. She now has the opportunity to go further down or pick herself up.
>>
>>78936858
>capekino
>DCU btfo with heroes who not even had 50 years backstory and as old industry behind it
>>
>>78932019
When was that even implied? The only reason Patricia stopped Dennis from sexually assaulting the dark one was because she was "sacred food" for the Beast.

Oh, but you're retarded and this was just to start shitposting. /tb/ is garbage.
>>
hey lets get this clear.

Kevin is the 1st personality of McAvoy, right? Who is who got beaten by hi mom to dead as a kid, and then was replaced with several other personalities.

Is he the monster too? It looked like so, because Casey said his name when he was on the wall, and he got btfo.

But a bit later calling his name didn't had any effect. He became the monster , seperated from Kevin persona?
>>
>>78936977
There is mention of Kevin's father having left on a train and he brings flowers to the train station so it's assumed that his father died in the train crash.
>>
>>78937215
Kevin isn't the Beast.

Kevin is just Kevin, he's the one who asked Casey to shoot him
>>
>>78937215
no. the monster is just a new personality which seems to take control. kevin is still different
>>
>>78933496
yeah the end sucked
>>
>>78936858

No, its only because he has free reign to make his own super hero movie without restraints unlike marvel and dc they are stuck to a canon story lines which they can slightly retcon.

He also writes his own material so its not like shitty writer is interfering with his work
>>
watched this yesterday. M Shamalama is back. Also

>pee on yourself!
>>
>>78935783
>comes to believe that people who have not been abused are weak because he needs to reaffirm to himself that he is strong and the abuse inflicted upon him is a good thing
You'd have a point, if his abuse didn't actually give him superpowers.
>>
>>78933496
Blanks don't knock off chunks of your skin when you're standing metres away from it
>>
>>78937215
Patricia explained that they locked Kevin far away deep inside his mind, where he wouldn't be able to hear Casey say his name again. That's why it stopped working.
>>
>>78932019
also when is the torrent out? the non-screener version
>>
>>78937364
>>pee on yourself!
i thought she has some hypnotic abilities there
>>
Does DeprogramWiki.com for movie characters with mpd/did?
>>
Why doesn't the law severely punish people for being such shit people?

Someone can shoot you, rapoe you mother and then 20 years later, because of a plea deal they get back out? What?! Why is this allowed?

"Oh they served their time!" You mean they served 20 years in a prison with other criminals, perpetually on edge because of the circumstances, and they are expected to reintegrate into society after that?

FUCK. THAT.

Murders, rapists, child molesters, the worst of the worst humans, should be brought to a desert island and left there. Let them serve 20 years on a fucking hell hole of a island. See how many people rape then. I guarantee rapes would fall off when the penalty is having to live on a island full of other rapists and murders.

I'm so sick of people defending these fucking monsters becauser "they had a rough childhood, they were raped themselves"

TOO. FUCKING. BAD. No excuses for being a shit person in this day and age. 2017 etc current year and all
>>
>>78937364
I found that funny too. piss wouldn't stop someone from raping you and some people like piss so it would actually make you more likely to be raped.
>>
>>78937476
Does DeprogramWiki.com work for deprogramming movie characters?
>>
>>78937536
you are an idiot sir.

She noticed how OCD he was about being clean and knew that chick pissing on him would cause him to freak and leave her alone.

Idiots like you are why this board can suck

>urine is sterile
not how OCD clean freaks work
>>
>>78937536
He had OCD
>>
>>78937479
Holy shit, anon, are you okay?

Also, who the fuck is defending Kevin's numerous personalities in this thread? Hypothesizing why he might have seen those that were abused as "pure" is not the same as defending his actions.
>>
>>78937479
>desert island

let that be only a desert. An island would be the paradise, getting rid off all the civilization's shit.
>>
>>78937605

I may be a bit over reactive

>>78937793

I don't want there being any chance of escape, but I think dropping them in the middle of the saherah would be a fine idea too.
>>
File: is mayonnaise an instrument.png (150KB, 338x318px) Image search: [Google]
is mayonnaise an instrument.png
150KB, 338x318px
Can someone explain how Jaguaro connects to Kevin? Or is it just the hand-to-hand villain (Kevin) vs. the brainier villain (Elijah) like the mother was talking about?
>>
>>78937871
>Can someone explain how Jaguaro connects to Kevin? Or is it just the hand-to-hand villain (Kevin) vs. the brainier villain (Elijah) like the mother was talking about?

It's both.

The Jaguaro cover is shown at pivotal moments throughout the movie, from Glass's first comic, to his first introduction to David, to his reveal as a villain. It's more than just a regular cover.

M. Night saying that Kevin was meant to be in Unbreakable shows why. It's meant to be a misdirection. Jagauro, like the Beast, is an animal themed supervillain.
We were supposed to think that when David defeats The Beast that everything is over.

Then Mr. Glass's mother comes in and describes how there are two types of villains.
>>
>>78937935
Thanks, I didn't know he was meant to be in Unbreakable, that's pretty wicked.
>>
>>78933106
kys
>>
>>78933163
Idk haha xD
>>
>>78938811
You have to go back.
>>
COME ON TAKE YOUR STUFF OFF ANIMALS DON'T WEAR CLOTHES
>>
>>78939592
Was he /ourguy/
>>
>>78939890
>>78939592
hopefully Dunn will kill him or his sidekick Casey Cook alias AyylmaoGirl
>>
>>78940201
Aaaayyyyy
>>
>>78937536
It's probably what she used to do to get her rapist off of her.
>>
>>78937479
Would have been especially great with all those wrongfully accused cases.

Also i bet you liked teletubbies as a child, would you like to called a teletubbies fan for the rest of your life. Yeah it's not quite the same thing but people do in fact change and have complex reasons for doing shit. I understand how you feel but i'm not sure vengeance is the ultimate answer, for one it doesn't really make victims feel all that good.
>>
so what will be Taylor-Joy's superpower be in Unbreakable 2?
Hypnotizing other girls to piss?
And what will be her nam? Raped-Girl?
>>
File: split.png (10KB, 901x66px) Image search: [Google]
split.png
10KB, 901x66px
>>
>720p
>720MB
>BR rip, without any BR relase
nice try efbee eye
>>
>>78933496
I don't know about shotguns, but for an M4 you have to put a blank firing adapter on the end of the rifle.
>>
>>
>>78946578
The brown girl almost made my cock rip through my pants when she was just in her underwear and you could see her ass from the front
>>
>>78937479

There are people who are absolute sacks of shit but we are not capable of mind reading, that's why we have a courtroom, a prison, mental hospitals and a set of rules to make sure that people who supposedly broke the law get placed properly.

It's better to try and help or at least study these people via understanding to prevent such cases from happening again rather than dumping them onto an island or whatever.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.