[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk some real kino >films noirs I've seen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: DOUBLE-INDEMNITY_UNDER-TEXT1520.jpg (68KB, 1520x945px) Image search: [Google]
DOUBLE-INDEMNITY_UNDER-TEXT1520.jpg
68KB, 1520x945px
Let's talk some real kino

>films noirs

I've seen lately handful titles - Double Indemnity, Out of the Past, Scarlet Street, Big Hear, In a Lonely Place, Laura and Gilda. Rec me some less known but otherwise worthwhile titles
>>
>>78929484
Scarlet Street is trash. Le Chienne is the superior version of the story.

Watch Kiss Me Deadly if you haven't.
>>
Sweet Smell of Success
>>
>>78929484
>real kinos
>>film noirs
i have some bad news for you
>>
>>78929547
Seen.

>>78929535
I liked it and think it was surprisingly good. I'll check La Chienne too then.

Anybody saw Detour or some lesser known film noirs?
>>
>>78929920
Edward G Robinson is OK in Scarlet Street as the henpecked helpless husband, But Michel Simon in Le Chienne is ABSURDLY good. If you liked the story it'll be a great watch.

Michel Simon is great is just aout everything he was ever in. L'Atalante and Bodu Saved From Drowning being his other big roles.
>>
The Hustler. No detective noir shit but its got smokey rooms, hard knocks, gambling, and a dame.
>>
>>78929484
>Double Indemnity
>muh "smart" bachelor who would do anything for a 30+ blonde dame he just met but not with her smoking hot daughter.

What a fucking tired trope that femme fatale is forcing awareness of the supreme effectiveness of women. Many better titles if you simply must have that jazzy investigation style in your movies.

The Big Sleep
The Third Man
The Fallen Idol
Brief Encounter
Elevator To The Gallows
Night Boat To Dublin
>>
>>78930327
Double Indemnity is bulwarked by the amazing location shooting, the snappy dialog and Edward G Robinson. The trite characterizations are willfully overlooked as part of the genre. I don't get your beef but you sound like you hate women.
>>
The Lost Weekend is incredible.
>>
>>78930373
Srsly? I thought it was so fucking whiney listening to some pathetic alkie moan about his problems.
>>
The Big Sleep
Dead Reckoning
The Maltese Falcon
Key Largo
Sweet Smell
In A Lonely Place
The Big Heat
The Naked City
Night Of The Hunter

you simply can not go wrong with these
>>
>>78930327
The Big Sleep is so great thanks to Howard Hawks penchant for writers. He is singlehandedly the best example of the Hollywood System.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.