[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm just 5 minutes into the movie but I've already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

I'm just 5 minutes into the movie but I've already realised this is the biggest Oscar bait ever. Why?

1. A fucking musical? Who makes musicals anymore. They are just trying too hard
2. It's about Hollywood, and Oscars are voted by people of Hollywood, so it's easy to vote for something you relate to
3. The first thing we hear after the shitty musical introduction is "It already won three Oscars" they are asking for it! Totally explicit
4. It tries to be "classic", like the Hollywood golden age classics that it is obviously trying to imitiate. And those movies won a lot of OScars

I will find many more reasons as the movie goes. But I am already disgusted and don't know why the hell I keep watching this. 2016 probably one of the least remarkable years in history of movie making.
>>
alot of academy voters dont live in hollywood

pol btfo
>>
>>78928521
I've been saying it for years, La La Land is the worst piece of shit I've ever seen.
>>
>>78928620
How cpuld you be saying it for years if the movie is not even a year old?
>>
It also stars the fucking frog
>>
>>78928650
Oh it's old.
>>
>>78928521
It's barely even a musical.

The first 30-45 minutes are full of musical numbers but they fall off entirely after that.

Shit's weird. It's like they found out their stars can't sing or dance halfway through shooting.
>>
>>78928521

>2016 probably one of the least remarkable years in history of movie making

Because reality is more interesting now thanks to Trump. The kikes need to step up their game.
>>
>>78930297
If I was Donald Trump I'd publicly state that La La Land is a shitty escapist Hollywood movie, and say that Moonlight should win the Oscar because it shows reality, as raw as it is.

Also it'd help Trump reconcile himself with Black and LGBT communities, while still keeping his anti-establishment views
>>
>>78928521
>1. A fucking musical? Who makes musicals anymore. They are just trying too hard
Didn't like it either. There are like five songs or something, the last half or so has none in it.

>It's about Hollywood, and Oscars are voted by people of Hollywood, so it's easy to vote for something you relate to
You could say that. Then again, people make movies about things that concern them. I don't really see any criticism here.

>The first thing we hear after the shitty musical introduction is "It already won three Oscars" they are asking for it! Totally explicit
I don't understand what you are saying.

>It tries to be "classic", like the Hollywood golden age classics that it is obviously trying to imitiate. And those movies won a lot of OScars
It has a kind of specific art style, yes. Again, I don't see the criticism here.

Bottom line: Get you head out of your ass.
>>
>/tv/ Pre-awards nominations: Hey this movie is actually pretty good!
>/tv/ Post-awards nominations: FUCKING BAIT PIECE OF SHIT, WORST THING I'VE EVER SEEN. D I S H O N E S T. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The ride never ends.
>>
>>78930371
>I don't understand what you are saying.
Go watch the movie again, after the first musical piece 5 minutes into the movie, there is a radio turned on, and you can listen the broadcaster talking about a movie winning three Oscars
>>
Where does this movie rank between "a glib facsimile" and "dishonest film making"?
>>
>>78928798
But they rarely film scenes in order when making movies or tv shows
>>
>>78930496

A dishonest facsimile
>>
>>78928521
>1. A fucking musical? Who makes musicals anymore.

People who love musicals. Pleb.
>>
I don't think the director intended it to be Oscar bait. Why?

He made a film earlier in his career (2009) called 'Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench' which was a jazz musical with very similar themes. In fact La La Land feels like another version of those earlier themes he seems to be really interested in. Heck, most of his films involve Jazz of some sort.

I think the studios who funded the project are probably pushing it as Oscar bait and likely had some influence over the direction of his ideas, y'know because they have the fucking money and releasing a movie is essentially a question of whether it's a marketable product.

I didn't think the film was 10/10, and it's not going to be remembered hugely in years to come, but just thought I'd contextualise you're opinions because it really wasn't as bad as some people say it is. The weaker element is probably the story, but the cinematography and music were kino imo.
>>
BA DA BA BA BA BA DA BA BA
BA BA DA DA DA BA BA BA DA BA
BA BA DA BA BA BA DA BA BA
DA BA DA DA BA BA DA BA BA

BA DA BA BA BA BA DA BA BA
BA BA DA DA DA BA BA BA DA BA
BA BA DA BA BA BA DA BA BA
DA BA DA DA BA BA DA BA BA
>>
>>78930477
Outrageous!
>>
>>78930658
Why does it look like the lines are going down?
>>
>I am starting a thread before finishing the movie
Fucking cancer
inb4 I was only pretending to be fucking cancer
>>
>>78928521
"Oscarbait" is not an argument
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.