[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just watched this and it was fair enough. the only oscar outside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: lala.jpg (189KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
lala.jpg
189KB, 600x315px
just watched this and it was fair enough.
the only oscar outside from music and sound it will get is best actress in a leading role though for Emma Stone
>>
>>78915165
Emma Stone was easily the worst part though. Her acting and singing was bad enough, then she tried to dance as well. This film is pure reddit though so no surprise you liked it.
>>
>>78915259
>pure reddit
ahhh my favorite meme, outside we are bumber one. there's just a real reddit weather going on where I live so i had to go see it.at least she showd some range as opposed to gosling, who I liked more, but will be edged out by affleck
>>
>>78915165
It just won the PGA today (also known discreetely as the producer guilds award)

Considering the novel around Land the race is over
>>
>>78915165
Never saw this shit.

What's my opinion on it?
>>
>>78915165
>has 2 of nominations in the original song category
seriously? city of stars was decent, but overall the music was shit
>>
>>78915437
>city of stars was decent, but overall the music was shit
I agree, it did not deserve the second nomination, that was one of the most plain average songs I could imagine
>>
File: 149.jpg (18KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
149.jpg
18KB, 300x100px
>>78915165
anyone who watches this has no taste in music, I would know, I'm a music aficionado.
>>
>>78915165
Huppert was better in Elle.
>>
>>78915165
I watched it the other night, I seriously can't see how Stone is getting so many plaudits for this performance. It's so fundamentally one note, it's ridiculously "overrated".
>>
>>78915653
Huppert in any one of the 6 movies she was in, in 2016 was better than Stone. She still probably won't win. :(
>>
>>78915259
Agree that Emma was an utter letdown. No idea why she's even nominated, but then again Gosling is nominated as well which is also inexplicable. I'm not going to say it was a terrible movie or anything, but the acting surely wasn't challenging at all. No idea what the fuck the academy was thinking.
>>
>>78915165
She was devoid of any and all acting chops imho
>>
>>78916248
meme actor
>>
File: Capture.jpg (13KB, 277x85px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
13KB, 277x85px
>>
>>78915259
Why do you say so? Can you give a few examples so I can understand?
>>
File: OldHollywoodWankFest2011.jpg (29KB, 592x889px) Image search: [Google]
OldHollywoodWankFest2011.jpg
29KB, 592x889px
>>78915165
You underestimate how much Hollywood loves jerking itself off.
>>
>>78917352
The Artist was mindboggingly successful for a silent and black & white movie made on a mere 15M budget

Surely deserved to win over flop TOL
>>
>>78915552
>>78915437
The music was the only part of this movie I liked.
Aside from City of Stars and the John Legend song, all others were variations on the same chord progression, which was a nice, minimalist touch you don't see on a musical every day.
The John Legend song was better produced than most of today's music, and another day of sun and someone in the crowd both had great instrumentals.
The only song I didn't care for was Audition, don't know how it got nominated.
>>
>>78915165
I loved it. The story was pure kino. Music was enjoyable but not great. Made me cry/10. I'm a huge proprietor of old musicals, Bing Crosby, Elvis Presley and the such so I very much enjoyed it.
>>
>>78917796
Audition gives me chills when I see it performed because I can really feel how much she wants the role. Feels like a culmination of everything she's been working for the whole movie.

But I think I see where you're coming from, the song itself is a little bland.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.