[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are knifes associated with villains and guns associated with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (85KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
85KB, 1920x1080px
Why are knifes associated with villains and guns associated with heroes?

A knife fight is a lot more honourable than a gun fight and killing your enemy up close and personal is braver than shooting him from 100's of meters away
>>
let off some steam bennett
>>
Knife fights are awesome when done well like in Under Siege but too hard to pull off
>>
>>78907479
Bullets are quick and painless in the movies.
Knife fights are slow and painful.
Hero shouldn't torture.
blah blah blah.
>>
File: Teleports Behind You.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Teleports Behind You.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>78907479

What about heroes with swords and villains with guns?
>>
Not sure about guns, but in swords and knives knifes are villainous. Knives are easily concealed and are associated with murderers.

Knives are also meant to kill. It's easier to heal from a sword cut than a stab.
>>
>>78907479
>honorable
heroes dont have the luxury for honor, when innocent lives are on the line, they have to eliminate the threat immediatly
>>
The Hunted had a great fucking knife fight at the end.
>>
>>78907479
>A knife fight is a lot more honourable than a gun fight
Knives aren't for dueling though, they're for sneaking up on someone and killing them before they even know you have a weapon. Knife fighting is just a movie fantasy.
>>
>>78907680
they were both in uniforms, i wonder if his partner there ate his lunch or something
>>
>>78907591
>have guns
>run into slashing distance of the guy with the sword
Is this.... Dare I say it...
>>
I don't think it's done for any purpose other than to create tension. Imagine is Matrix just shot Bennett when he saw him, that would be quite anticlimactic.

>>78907608
Right? That was a good knife fight.
>>
>>78907479

Thugs can only afford shitty knifes

Heroes have guns because of taxes
>>
>>78907517
Fucking underrated
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.