[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone seen Mad Max Fury Road in Black & Chrome? Is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: chrome ma.jpg (62KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
chrome ma.jpg
62KB, 400x600px
Has anyone seen Mad Max Fury Road in Black & Chrome? Is it better than the original version?
>>
>>78905106
>Meme filter edition
>>
>>78905106
why the fuck would you do this
>>
>>78905133
It's not a meme filter since some of Fury Road's parts were pretty obviously inspired by particular black and white films like The General.
>>
>>78905163
The trailer has great shots
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNykS4VlnwE
>>
>>78905163

>In the clip, Miller discusses how he dreamed of releasing a “Mad Max’ film in black and white ever since “Road Warrior” in 1981. He describes seeing a cheap version of the color print when Brian May was composing the score on the soundstage and thinking that’s how the movie should have been released. “”Something about black and white, the way it distills it, makes it a little bit more abstract. Something about losing some of the information of color make it somehow more iconic,” he says.

>Miller admits that some scenes in the black-and-white “Fury Road” edition play a lot better than in color and there are others where some information is clearly missing. “But overall, for me,” he says, “it’s the best version of the movie. It’d be interesting to see if you agree.”
>>
its not a very good job, but the movie is watchable now at least
>>
>>78905163
Because that was Miller's original idea, but the studio didn’t allow it so he went to the other colorful extreme.

>inb4 just put your screen on black and white duuhh

Color grading is not just pressing one button and that's it, movies aren't made with instagram filters you know.
>>
>>78905277
>movies aren't made with instagram filters
This one was
>>
b&w doesnt make sense for a Mad Max movie.
>>
>>78905106
I can't unsee the degree of which Fury Road was stylized to shit and back with oversaturated colors compared to the earlier movies

It seems extremely half-assed on Miller's part to still get his way
>>
>>78905214
>Miller admits that some scenes in the black-and-white “Fury Road” edition play a lot better than in color and there are others where some information is clearly missing
Alright, I think this is an interesting challenge. Have most of the movie be in black and white, but for scenes that really need an added punch, you have it slam to color (or better yet color grade it so that the points of maximum impact are highlighted Sin City style).

Might be stupid but could be a fun weekend project.
>>
>>78905183
All those shots were in original movie.
>>
The problem with Fury Road isn't the color, it's the frame timing, and it's unfixable without a complete reshoot.
>>
I just watched most of it again yesterday on HBO, and I have to say that even the color version is already very close to black and white. Most of the scenes use only shades of color, usually blue or yellow. I don't think much would be lost in b&w for this one, specific movie.
>>
>>78906007
>frame timing
What?

Are you talking about editing?
Because the editing in Fury Road is superb, I know it doesn't mean much but it won an oscar for Film Editing.
>>
>>78905106
I thought it was better than the original color version. There is so much more detail visible because the color isn't saturated. Landscape shots of the desert look absolutely amazing.

Also I think it fits the tone and aesthetic of the movie better. For example, seeing Immortan Joe's giant skull fortress in black-and-white makes it seem like an old adventure serial from the 1930's.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.