[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>see that this is popular >never watched the Jim Carrey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: ls.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ls.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>see that this is popular
>never watched the Jim Carrey movie or read the books
>3 episodes in
>NPH cant act for shit and is just doing his shitty sitcom character
>visuals are nice but get old quick, creators clearly wanted to have wes anderson series without hiring wes anderson
>kids are your average line reciters
>shitty jokes that break the setting, it's neither modern or victorian or whatever
>narrator constantly tells the same thing in a different way or gives a 'witty' definition of a term

jesus, is there any Netflix production that isn't overhyped bullshit on a death spiral to mediocrity?
>>
>jesus, is there any Netflix production that isn't overhyped bullshit on a death spiral to mediocrity?

yes Bloodline. Enjoy and goodnight
>>
>>78897004
NPH really fucking blows
he just raises one eyebrow every now and then, as if it's the limit of his acting range

kids were fine imo
but yeah, the wall breaking netflix jokes got old real quick
>>
>>78897004
>it's neither modern or victorian
You haven't read the books
>narrator constantly tells the same thing in a different way or gives a 'witty' definition of a term
You really haven't read the books
>>
>>78897416
books were published here only for a brief period of time when 2004 movie was in the theatres.
and you won't convince me this shitty 'i bought this online' joke about the hourglass in episode 2 was in the books, because it breaks all the fucking atmosphere

I also said I didnt read the books retard
>>
>>78897481
>I also said I didnt read the books retard
Did you watch the movie?
>>
I'm pretty sure "neither modern or victorian or whatever" IS the setting.
>>
>>78897004
>visuals are nice but get old quick, creators clearly wanted to have wes anderson series without hiring wes anderson

Most of it was directed by Barry Sonnenfeld. He was doing that kind of style before Anderson had ever made a movie.
>>
I liked The OA,except those absurd dance moves near the end.They don't have anything as good as Deutschland 83 or the young pope.
>>
>>78897004
>watching television
Film is the superior format.
>>
>>78897004
I want to complain about all the shitty CGI.
This would have been a perfect opportunity to built nice miniatures instead of jarring digital effects
>>
>>78897745
>Sonnenfeld
>>
Not OP but I didn't read the books either; do they explain why all the adults except for Count Olaf are retarded?
>>
>>78898258
Budget, idiot.

>>78898283
It's a children's book. The adults are retarded so the kids can succeed by themselves. Otherwise it'd be a 5 minute show, with Poe kicking Olaf out and setting up the kids to live with Monty.
>>
>>78898357
>Budget, idiot.

Costs the fucking same, probably less.
>>
1. Stefano
10000. Capt. Sham.
999999999999999999999999999999999999999. Shirley
>>
>>78898376
>probably less.
Why do people who have no fucking idea what they're talking about insist on posting? CG is cheap. It's in all the movies and TV because it costs literally nothing. Hiring skilled crafters from a now niche field isn't worth the money when you can do it in CG and 99% of the viewing audience won't give a single fuck.

Would it be nice if we lived in a fantasy land where everyone could budget 10 times the cost on practical sets and models that will be used for a single shot? Sure. But we don't, and it's completely unreasonable to expect it from a fucking Netflix show.
>>
>>78898438
Now clue? And you are some kind of expert then? 10 times the cost of CG? Are you actually retarded?
Building/shooting fucking miniatures are not a million dollar process. It's not this insane price difference.
What are you basing this on?

And why is it unreasonable for a Netflix show? How is it unreasonable to except some quality extra quality.

>99% of the viewing audience won't give a single fuck.
Maybe it's that mentality, and not "budget" that makes them do CGI?
>>
>>78898438
CG is far more expensive than practical, the reason they use it is convenience aka they can film the whole shit in 6 months and have the rest of the movie done in post afterwards
>>
>>78898629
>>Maybe it's that mentality, and not "budget" that makes them do CGI?
No, it's both. The fact that almost nobody cares, and the fact it'd cost more.

Not only is this a Netflix show, it's a CHILDREN'S show on Netflix.

You have absolutely zero understanding of miniatures. Not only do you have to build them, you need space to store them, AND you need to hire a space to film them. If you need to do anything crazy like blow them up, that's even more cost for extra mouldings, pyrotechnics, and you can fuck up the shot if a nice big piece of foam falls on top of your camera lens.

Or, you could just CG in the shit you need.

>>78898723
CG hasn't been more expensive in over a decade.
>>
>>78897004
>jesus, is there any Netflix production that isn't overhyped bullshit on a death spiral to mediocrity?

Bloodline and House of Cards, even though s1 is the best, it's still 'prestige' tv
>>
>>78897004
So you literally hate everything netflix has produced? Just admit you're a fucking contrarian.
>>
>>78898759
>House of Cards
S1 and the first episode of S2 are good, the rest is a death spiral to mediocrity. I could barely watch the last season.
>>
>>78898802
>>78898802
I actually thought the last season was miles better than 3. I enjoy it still, because I love political thrillers, but Bloodline & Bojack are the best Netflix Originals - especially the former. I did enjoy Love and
i quite enjoyed Flaked. Just the slice of life dramas.

Stranger Things was TRASH
>>
>>78897004

This. I rather prefer Jimmy Carry performance than nph
>>
>>78897004
The books are god tier

The film is shit tier

The series is good tier

Why don't you try the books you degenerate?
>>
>>78898283

That's the premise.
>>
>>78897352
This

Also Narcos is great
As is s3 of black mirror
And stranger things
Frontier also looks good but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet
>>
>>78899147
You think the series is good tier

Q.E.D. you have shit taste

Why would i bother reading a book that you recommend?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.