[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That fucking does it -- that's the last goddamn straw. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: LLL.jpg (55KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
LLL.jpg
55KB, 400x400px
That fucking does it -- that's the last goddamn straw. I'm done letting stuff waste away, letting myself slip on by. I'm doing well, but I can do better, and this film woke me the hell up.

There's a whole world out there just waiting to be engaged with. Beautiful people, wonderful places, love to be made. I'm going to start committing myself, taking ownership of my life. When I'm lying in that white bed, thinking back to every moment that passed, all the decisions I made, I'm going to smile real fuckin' wide when I remember the day I decided that good enough wasn't enough. I do have a dream and I will bring it to life.

I'm one of the fools who dream.
>>
>>78864421
No you're not
>>
>>78864453
Quitter.
>>
i fucking hate ryan gosling
he's such an unlikeable douchey smug assface in every movie he's in

he has literally ONE expression, it's "look at me, i'm ryan gosling, famous 'actor'". that's it. fuck this talentless pile of hollywood garbage
>>
>>78864519
It's ok to be jelly anon
>>
>>78864595
>waaah how dare you criticize this terrible farce of an actor, y-y-you must be jelly..........
>>
>>78864606
Have you seen Blue Valentine? He was really great in that.
>>
>>78864421
>Here's to the ones who meme
>Foolish as they may seem

>Here's to the feels that ache
>Here's to macros we make
>>
File: 1461397098790.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1461397098790.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
>>78864421
>tfw after this movie I realized I don't have any dream to accomplish

>>78864519
reddit
>>
>>78864690
https://youtu.be/-NybVs2ikl8
>>
Nice blog, faggot. All the films you can roleplay, you chose the yuppie advertisement.
>>
>>78864789
Is this what Autism sounds like?
>>
>>78864915
Not sure, why don't you record yourself so we can know :^)
>>
>>78864421
>movie where characters do things just by happenstance and luck, because the writer is too retarded to write anything that doesn't rely on/require a fuck ton of plot conveniences
>motivates someone to change their life

:^)
>>
>>78864421
People call this film dishonest because it cons people into idealistic dreams that will never pan out. Mia and Seb succeeded because they got lucky. You won't. I'm not saying you shouldn't work hard, or that you should give up whatever dreams you might have, but it would be incredibly foolish to let a film like this one inspire you.
>>
>>78867697
>if I'm more cynical I'm superior to them
LMAOing at your whole shit
>>
See ya here tomorrow OP...
>>
File: 1437577015946.jpg (37KB, 463x462px) Image search: [Google]
1437577015946.jpg
37KB, 463x462px
>>78864421

See you tomorrow
>>
>>78864421
S-S-SEE YOU TOMOORRROOW HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHUHEHUGEUGEHUEGUGEUHHEUGEUHEUGUHEUGEUHEUGUEHHUEGUHE
>>
File: 343435582764.png (141KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
343435582764.png
141KB, 500x366px
>>78864421
Good luck, OP.

You'll need it
>>
>>78864519
mhm, i get that from him as well, i feel like if you've watched Drive you've seen the extent of his acting abilities.
>>
This may be bait but I agree with you OP. That ending only gave me hope and determination to get what I want
>>
dishonest shitposting imo

but if ur not shitposting than god bless
>>
File: lll.jpg (680KB, 1456x1776px) Image search: [Google]
lll.jpg
680KB, 1456x1776px
Lie Lie Land is a live-action Disney movie. Except Disney movies have better soundtracks, characters, and the struggles faced by those characters aren't fucking retarded. Hollywood hasn't put out a movie this self-masturbatory since The Artist. It is honestly unbelievable how shallow this garbage is.

>dude just follow ur dreams no matter how delusional

The movie justifies this idiotic moral by having the characters achieve their insipid dreams through luck and happenstance rather than hard work. Mia shits out a single one-woman show and does one performance of it; of the 8 people in the crowd, one is a casting agent who falls in love with her and delivers her an A-list acting career on a silver platter. Seb's friend bumps into him, and immediately offers him a job. Following that, despite the decline of jazz in LA and having no experience running a business, Seb ends up owning a hugely successful jazz club. I am sure it is very easy to romanticize succeeding in Hollywood through dumb luck when the people making the film did just that.Many of the scenes in the film were homages, but it doesn't justify them. The overlong scenes of Seb and Mia dancing against romantic backgrounds get old very quickly, and just hammer home the fact that there is no substance to this film. It is also surprising that the relationship at the core of this film only came about due to coincidence; these two run into each other 3 times for no reason other than convenience for the writer.

Chazelle obviously has the self-awareness to realize how saccharine and empty the movie was. In order to make it seem like something other than a sugary bowl of sunshine, he attempts to give it a "bittersweet" ending, but he even fails here -- both characters get everything they wanted out of life.

>b-but they don't end up together, they were meant for each other

You have to be a teen girl to even consider this line of thinking.
3.5/10 - at least it looked good
>>
>>78867725
Actually its more optimistic. Did you not see how many times both were shot down in their path to success? Mia's was more unrealistic with her play somehow garnering a top casting director but Seb already had success he was just getting it back. His was more believable in they sense
>>
>>78868914
kys moron
>>
File: 1480059857004.jpg (118KB, 735x429px) Image search: [Google]
1480059857004.jpg
118KB, 735x429px
many a movie made me feel the same way but I still here.
>>
>>78868914
>that picture
Top kek, 10/10
>>
>>78864519
So does Emma Stone, she acts like Emma Stone in everything.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.