[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WB/DC/ insider here. AMA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 9

File: DC Comics Logo 2016.jpg (114KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DC Comics Logo 2016.jpg
114KB, 1200x1200px
WB/DC/ insider here.

AMA
>>
>>77901370
When will the JL trailer drop?
>>
>>77901370

How fucked is the DCEU right now? Whats it like over at Warner HQ? Is Ben Affleck really thinking about not going to direct the batman?
>>
>>77901370
Are the rumors about Leto's penis true
>>
is snyder a big guy?
>>
>>77901370
why dont you get a job you can be proud of?
>>
>>77901370
How does it feel to know that you will be unemployed in a year tops?
>>
>>77901370
What will Wonder Woman's RT score be?
>>
>>77901370
How does the studio feel about the new Wondy movie?
>>
>>77901370
How is the Wonder Woman movie?
In terms of tone and atmosphere, do the executives have plans to change the way the universe is going or do the plan to stick with it?
>>
>>77901402
March, with Kong: Skull Island.

>>77901443
>How fucked is the DCEU right now?
Creatively it hasn't changed much despite the "complete retool" that Geoff Johns promised, and the box office earnings have been solid, so it's going strong in that regard.

>Whats it like over at Warner HQ?
It's a rather compartmentalized environment. The BvS backlash genuinely caught the executives by surprise (they thought they had a new The Dark Knight on their hands) and the disappointing box office performance got them sweating, but Suicide Squad was a smash hit reassured them they struck a solid formula. Money is where the concerns are at, critical reception is a distant second.

>Is Ben Affleck really thinking about not going to direct the batman?
Nah, he's playing it up. It's a PR move laid out by WB themselves.

>>77901445
Wouldn't know, never met the guy.

>>77901459
He's pretty short, but is buff.
>>
File: Cap.png (368KB, 623x527px) Image search: [Google]
Cap.png
368KB, 623x527px
>>77901707
>but Suicide Squad was a smash hit reassured them they struck a solid formula

>struck a solid formula

is that code for 'copy marvel'?
>>
>>77901707
March?
I thought it premieres on the 15th.
>>
>>77901551
Eh... I'm betting on the 52%-64% average.

>>77901580
They're confident it'll be succesful given Wonder Woman is the biggest female superhero there is and BvS earned her some goodwill.

>>77901608
I haven't anything of it myself, aside from the trailer, but friends who have said it's just serviceable. It's not awful, but it's not particularly good either, just alright and kinda' boring.

They're definitely demanding more humor, given how BvS was criticized for being too grim and Suicide Squad, which had quite a few jokes, was a box office hit. But Zack is still one of the driving forces of the DCEU and the executives are really enamored by his vision of the DCEU being more "mythic" and "operatic" than other superhero universes.
>>
>>77901370
Is batman going to have a sidekick or assistant like oracle in the batman film?
>>
>>77901370
do you actually do screen tests?? there was some obvious clunky stupid shit that should have been reshot in BvS and SS
>>
>>77901707
>Nah, he's playing it up. It's a PR move laid out by WB themselves

Care to expand more? It doesn't make sense it just gets people more concerned and worried about the DCEU. seems like a silly thing to do
>>
>>77902140
Yes, Oracle will appear.

>>77902256
It varies from director to director, but rehearsals and table reads are common, yes.

>>77902288
WB knows BvS wasn't well-received and has instructed Affleck to reinforce how he's only doing The Batman if the script is genuinely great. They know Affleck won't jump ship, and believe that when he does get the ball rolling, people will be reassured the project is in top notch state.

It is kinda' silly, but that's PR for you. Jared Leto's method acting antics were also widely exaggerated by them.
>>
>>77901707
>>77901779
What's the solid formula anyway?
Botch the movie, put a lot of popular music, and make it look like a trailer?
>>
>>77901370
Are they planning to acknowledge the dead Robin plot?
>>
Whats happening with the flash has it been delayed? have they got a new director in yet? Did WB ever consider getting Grant Gustin for the role?
>>
>>77901370
https://youtu.be/L-sZzYX4Jl4

Tell Zack we love his films.
>>
>>77902443
>It varies from director to director, but rehearsals and table reads are common, yes.

no im taking about showing screening to fans who know there shit ... or even a general audience.
The cinema had a large part of the audience groan when Wonderbra showed up and laugh through the whole doomsday fight
>>
will Green Arrow be in the movies?
>>
Anyone on the wb looking for a weed dealer?
>>
>>77902888
trips = truth

it must be getting bad
>>
>>77902533
Basically "team movies with an aesthetic/soundtrack appealing to international young audiences and focus on humor and action".

>>77902661
Yes.

>>77902741
Yes, it's been delayed. They haven't found a new director yet, though they're selecting potential candidates for their poll of in-house filmmakers.

No, Gustin was never truly considered for the role. WB's brass is dismissive of the CW TV shows and would never add them to the DCEU. Oddly enough, both Rick Famuyiwa and Seth-Grahame Smith, the two writers/directors previously attached to the project, struggled to broke new ground from the TV show in their pitches.

>>77902795
Test-screenings are common, too. It is what led to Suicide Squad being heavily retooled and reshot.

>>77902849
There are plans, but not in the immediate future.

>>77902888
There's always someone looking for weed in a movie studio.
>>
>>77901370
How are things on the TV side?

More specifically: Flash's current season is a mess while Arrow had a massive resurgence in quality after being near-unwatchable last season, what happened there? Why is Supergirl off in her own universe still and wasn't brought into the DC shows? Do the people making Gotham have any sort of long term plans, either for the show overall or even the season? It literally feels like they make up the story 3 episodes at a time. Lastly, are there any upcoming TV projects set in the world of the movies?
>>
Is dick/nightwing going to be in the batman movie or in the universe in general?
>>
>>77901890
>>77903096
>>
>>77903096

Is Wonder Woman terrible.
>>
>>77903096
Who do I see? Of working then? I got good stuff from dispensary
>>
>>77903096
Who is the dead Robin?
>>
Who are they planning to use from Batman supporting cast?
>>
>>77903096
>Test-screenings are common, too. It is what led to Suicide Squad being heavily retooled and reshot.

lol shoulda kept going .... what the fuck was with climb any wall dude?? really who thought that was a good idea, how did it survive to the screen? do the execs even watch there own films? or do they just have really shitty taste
>>
>>77903145
I don't know much about the TV department, but I have friends who work there and looks like a pretty great place to work it despite the low budget they have to work with. From what I gather, The Flash is the network's biggest show, so there's a bit more pressure to please the executives, the focus groups and etc, while Arrow's ratings dropped so bad the showrunners had more freedom to just do what they had to do to restore some goodwill this season.

Don't know anyone from Gotham. As for TV shows set in the DCEU, not right now. David S. Goyer pitched Krypton as a prequel to Man of Steel, but that idea got shot down pretty quickly and now it is its own thing.

>>77903222
He's not confirmed yet, but there's interest in bringing him in.

>>77903228
Nah, just average.

>>77903233
Jason Todd.
>>
>>77903096

Got an update for Man of Steel 2? title, director, release date, plot anything?
>>
>>77903427
>Nah, just average.
Why is it just average
>>
>>77903427
Is he going to stay dead or they planning to bring him back as Red Hood?
>>
plans for a teen titans movie?
>>
>>77903427
Im sorry if i wasn't clear >>77901794, the 15th there is a CW special, and they're saying they will debut a DC trailer.
Will it be JL one? That's what everyone is reporting.
>>
I honestly loved the sense of seriousness, operatic and artsy way both Man of Steel and BvS was presented.

Will this be a common trend in upcoming films, or will there be an approach more similar to Suicide Squad?
>>
>>77903427
How's Justice League Dark shaping up - are they still planning to use Del Toro's script? Will it be the traditional British Constantine (maybe even Matt Ryan like the show and animated JLD movie) or the American version Keanu played in 2005?
>>
>>77903304
Since it's in early development, there's still a lot of moving parts. The only confirmed characters are Batman, Alfred, Gordon, plus Barbara since WB has their sights on a Birds of Prey spin-off. Harvey Bullock and Vicki Vale are also often mentioned and I doubt they don't make the cut. There's some interest in Lucius Fox and Leslie Thompkins too, but they could get axed depending on which direction the script veers towards.

>>77903321
He was there to die, basically.

>>77903450
It's happening, that's as far as WB knows so far. They really don't have any plans for it aside from Brainiac maybe being the villain since he's the next most popular Superman villain alongside Lex Luthor.

>>77903467
The story and the performances.

>>77903541
Right now there's no plans for Red Hood, but that could change.
>>
>>77903697
How's Gal Gadot acting in the movie? Will she be hated?
>>
>>77903697
>The story and the performances.

Anyone can see that from the trailer and cast.

op is bullshitting
>>
>>77903697

Is it true they're working on New Gods?
>>
has there been any talk with zimmer to convince him to return to do any music?
>>
>>77901370
Fuck off LARPing faggot

Fuck Toy and fuck your shit posting thread
>>
When is DOOM PATROL coming out you roleplaying faggot
>>
>>77903542
No plans, but there's definitely interest, and they've discussed using The Batman as a springboard to introduce Nightwing so he can headline a Titans movie further down the line.

>>77903599
Not that I know of.

>>77903620
Snyder is keeping his usual visual style for Justice League, and since he's a producer on the remaining movies it's possible he could influence the new director. You can already sense some of those influences in Wonder Woman.

>>77903638
It's in early stages, too. It is the Del Toro pitch, but it has been revised by other writers, and Del Toro himself is no longer really involved in the project. Constantine will definitely be british too. No Matt Ryan, though.

>>77903764
From what I've heard, it's alright. Nothing better or worse than BvS. I doubt she'll be hated.

>>77903804
Darkseid is the main villain of the DCEU, so yes, they're bringing over some of the mythology for sure.

>>77903818
I believe they invited him back for Justice League, but he declined. The studio is pretty satisfied with Junkie XL's material, so.
>>
>>77903697

In the early states of the DCEU did they ever consider bringing Bale back? was it true he was offered a huge amount of money to return but turned it down? Were the nolan movies ever gonna be connected to the current DCEU?
>>
>>77903896

Are they actually moving forward with Cyborg/GL Corps?
>>
>>77903793
Maybe, But I want to believe! I love the DCU. Marvel fags could eat shit. Not you persay but,

HEY marvel shit eaters in this thread, I pirated the hell outta all your shit. And I watched BVS twice in theaters and I will watch the hell out of Justice League. I only paid for Suicide Squad that one time and only because it was DCU, the second viewing was a d'l from a torrent. Didn't bother with the home video either. I love me some BVS though. Rock on.
>>
>>77903894
No plans for that, sorry.

>>77903915
Very early on WB did approach Nolan to oversee the DCEU much like Kevin Feige oversees the Marvel movies and now Geoff Johns and Jon Berg handle the DC movies. Bale was never asked to return, however. There was a proposed Justice League movie from before Man of Steel entered production that would feature John Blake as the new Batman, but that idea died pretty quickly.

>>77904062
Yep.
>>
>>77904144
What music directors are you contemplating? is Zimmer ever going back?
>>
>>77901707
>The BvS backlash genuinely caught the executives by surprise
i honestly think if WB/DC and Snyder, and now Johns, just made a simple 90-100min superhero story, they'll do astronomically well. all the elements are already in place. keep the mythic and operatic feel, just eliminate all the nonsense that made BvS an overbloated mess. why do people watch Superman movies? for superheroics, not grim n gritty stuff.
>>
>>77904144
Will Deathstroke be the main villain in the Batfleck solo?
Does Lex have a role in JL?
>>
>>77904219
Take that fluffy giddy girly shit and shove it up your ass. I love the dark grittiness.
>>
why aren't wb executives taking a slower approach with their properties? i mean, wouldn't you ultimately make more money by releasing solo films instead of jumping right into something like justice league?
>>
>>77901370
me too
>>
>>77901370
Do you know which Batgirl you're going with yet?
>>
Is there a possibility we start seeing other properties not necessarily in the same universe, like Doc Savage, Pax Americana, Starman?
>>
>>77904184
Zimmer is overrated as fuck.
>>
>>77904144

What happens if WW and JL suck? And do poorly financially. Does WB have a backup plan? or do they not care cause they have the money to do whatever they want?
>>
>>77904368
His music is good, but sometimes it just doesn't fit; his overall themes are great.
>>
>>77901370
any plans for doing an 'aimed at adults' film?
something like deadpool, it made its $$$ if thats all theyre interested in
>>
>>77901370
Why Gal Gadot? Seriously why?
>>
File: 06RRPsJmZs4.jpg (35KB, 402x604px) Image search: [Google]
06RRPsJmZs4.jpg
35KB, 402x604px
Tell me Warner Brothers have plan to add Eva Green in cast.
>>
>>77904144
What about Sandman? Last I heard Gordon-Levitt had dropped it, and both he and Gaiman thought it would be best as a TV miniseries. Anything going on there?
>>
>>77901707
>The BvS backlash genuinely caught the executives by surprise (they thought they had a new The Dark Knight on their hands)
Probably shouldn't have cut all that footage from the theatrical release then...
>>
>>77904184
Rupert Gregson-Williams is scoring Wonder Woman and Junkie XL is scoring Justice League. The other movies are still too early into production, but it's fair to assume David Ayer will bring Steven Price back for Gotham City Sirens and Affleck has talked with Harry Gregson-Williams to score The Batman alongside Junkie XL.

>>77904265
Yes, he will.

Yes, but a very small one.

>>77904308
They want to catch up with Marvel and they genuinely believe team-up movies are the way to go to upswing their earnings and reach the same level of success as the MCU is enjoying right now.
>>
>>77904308
not op but obviously its a pissing contest between them and marvel ... they dont wanna lose short term even at the expense of long term profits
>>
>>77904511

Does Batman cameo in Wonder Woman?
>>
>>77904422
>'aimed at adults'
>something like deadpool
wow that's literally the stupidest post i've read all week
>>
>>77903427
>Jason Todd
Has it been brought up how much sense it would make if Leto's Joker was Todd?
Is there anyone on the inside arguing to make it a reality?
>>
Why does WB even bother?
>>
>>77904671
I'd pay mad cash to see Doc Savage in a rated R thriller.
>>
>>77904331
Barbara Gordon as Oracle. No plans for Batgirl.

>>77904349
No plans for that right now.

>>77904384
Well, it'll definitely be a low blow (especially Justice League), but I honestly believe they'll only be forced to take a step back and reevaluate their way to do things if Affleck's Batman underperforms either critically or especially financially.

>>77904422
There's been some talks, but nothing extensive. The movies are just too expensive to sacrifice the PG-13 crowd.

>>77904442
Snyder liked her.

>>77904481
Sorry. I've actually heard Marvel has approached her for the next Avengers movie.

>>77904484
Pretty much dead. Not a whole lot of interest from the executives. JGL was the driving force and now he's gone.
>>
>>77904642
Yes.

>>77904681
No. That's just not happening.

>>77904691
Money, of course.
>>
>>77904745
Eva Green in Marvel? Hello darkness my old friend.
>>
>>77904284
>fluffy
>giddy
>girl shit
who said anything about going the opposite direction? Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man, and Captain America weren't grim and gritty nor fluffy, giddy, and girly. what i dislike about the direction of BvS is that these are characters primarily made for kids. somewhere along the way, WB/DC figured there's more money to appeal to edgy teens. i guess there's money in that but making Superman a mopey character and Batman a psychotic murderer goes beyond the intentions of what made the comics last for decades. basically what i'm saying is it's possible to make great films without all that grim and gritty nonsense. read All-Star Superman for an example.
>>
>>77904745
Does crittical acclaim matters to execs? Or as long as you can bring financial smash you are free to do whatever you want?

Do you think there actually is a smear campaign fro Disney against DC properties?
>>
>>77904787
Do you know what Snyder's plans are post-Justice League? Like does he have any films planned or is he gonna just produce some of the DCEU films?
>>
What are the long term plans for the joker?
>>
>>77904820
Eva Green as Death? I assumed Cate Blanchett's Hela would play that role.
>>
>>77902443

>oracle will appear

How much screentime will she have? Who's she gonna be played by?
>>
Why does Snyder have a job?
>>
>>77904671
>Deadpool is rated R

says more about you than me lol
>>
>>77901370
Was Antje Traue, before being cast as Faora, ever considered for Wonder Woman?
>>
>>77904944
>Eva Green as Death?
I like it, but I'd rather her be in Deadpool 2/3
(plus Deadpool's r-rated, so she can expose her raw acting talent in her most comfortable environment)
>>
>>77904787

Will Suicide Squad 2 be a thing?
>>
>>77901370

What's going on with Gotham Sirens?
>>
What happens when JL underperforms critically and financially
>>
>>77905050
Eva as Domino? Maybe Siryn.
>>
>NO PROOF
>NO PROOF
>NO PROOF

fuck off faggot
>>
>>77904787
what's the general exec consensus of doing a series of lower budget films with lesser known characters? it's like WB/DC is trying to hit home runs with every swing, or create an album only of hits. that's bound to lead to both creative and viewer burnout.
>>
>>77905011
Rating movies R is a marketing ploy, aimed at teenagers
Thats the audience they're aiming for
>>
>>77905059

Not OP but its already been confirmed in development along side gotham city sirens. I dont know why they arent doing that first then do sirens.
>>
>>77905149
>Rating movies R is a marketing ploy, aimed at teenagers
THATS literally the stupidest post i've read all week
>>
>>77904820
They must be considering her for Mistress Death. Would definitely fit her.

>>77904944
That's just a rumor made up by people who assume that general audiences will not be able to handle someone playing a personification of Death on screen, despite the fact that has been done countless times on film.
>>
>>77901370
What would it take for the DCEU to be rebooted/scrapped? What sort of box office would represent a failure for Justice League.
>>
>>77904906
Critical acclaim is always nice, but money always comes first.

Nah, I don't believe that, and nobody at the studio does it. Some of the saltier ones do claim Disney influences people's perceptions of quality, but not even they believe they actually pay people the bring the DCEU down.

>>77904912
He's directing a war movie next and producing the following DCEU movies.

>>77904927
He's expected to appear in both The Batman and Gotham City Sirens.

>>77904959
Too early for that, the script is still being mapped out.

>>77904976
He's not that bad.

>>77905030
No.

>>77905059
It's in early development.

>>77905075
It's in active development. WB is speeding up the production to cash in on Harley Quinn's popularity, so expect the movie to be out by 2018. Catwoman and Poison Ivy will be in it, as will the Joker.

>>77905082
Hopefully it doesn't, since I worked on that one, but if it does, Affleck's Batman becomes the last hope of a smash hit.
>>
Did you just leave us here? With unanswered questions?
>>
>>77901370
Tell me everything you know about Green Lantern. His role in Justice League, solo films, appearances in other films, etc.
>>
>>77904860
Knew some people who mirrored superman near perfectly and last I checked. Our Soldiers kills bad guys all the time, as do Law Enforcement. Those guys are villains who violently kills innocents, if anything, Batman is awesome because he decided to kill those bastards.
>>
>>77905399
what's the best way to break into the biz as a screenwriter, OP?
>>
>>77905399

Is it true they're going to get rid of some of the Joker's tattoos?

How many different suits does Batman have in Justice League?
>>
>>77905399
>He's not that bad
I agree. I just think he needs to be paired with a good writer and a script that plays to his strengths.
>>
>>77905399

How exactly is WB figuring out what movies to do next? like is there an actual plan at work here or are they just winging it? like do they have a map laid out? Is there any truth to DC and WB being reactionary rather than planning a head?
>>
>>77905498
Have connections, kiss a lot of ass, suck some dick... you know, the usual.
>>
>>77905399
what project are you personally excited about

whats your favorite film

and who do you have the most respect for at WB/DC
>>
Why the hell isn't the movie folks using Wally West as DC Movie-verse Flash?

Would make far more fucking sense, given how not every Flash fan has forgiven how Wally was mistreated when Barry came back and have generally hated how Barry has been shoved down fans throats in spite of the fact that NO ONE wanted him back. Or at how the producers of the TV show made Wally black even though EVERYONE hated black Wally in the comics, so much so that they had to shelve the character halfway through his introduction arc.

Using Wally as Movie Flash would have allowed movie Flash to be totally different from TV Flash and more so, been a way to earn serious brownie points from DC Fans who don't like how the TV show has wholesale ripped off all of Wally's personality traits to make Barry less of a one dimension tool.
>>
>>77905141
I imagine they'll do this eventually, but, as you said, right now they want to use the A-listers to strike massive box offices and there's no room for the underdogs in that slate.

>>77905255
Well, it's a rather expensive movie, so anything short of $1 billion is severly underperforming. But a true box office flop would be something like less than $800 million in the global box office.

>>77905447
Not much to know by this point. He's not in Justice League and might not even be in Justice League 2 depending on when it's released. Green Lantern Corps is reintroduce the concept and the characters within the DCEU, with focus on Hal Jordan and John Stewart as the leads.

>>77905498
Write specs, make sure they're good, and make an effort to sell them. Unless you're real lucky, you'll have to start from the bottom, with low-budget movies, probably doctor a bunch of scripts with no credit, hone in your craft, before someone takes a chance on you. Then pray that it pays off.

>>77905504
I don't know about that one.

Two.

>>77905593
They have a basic outline of which characters they want to use and a basic timeframe of production schedules and release dates, but they just change it whenever there's a new development, such as the success of Suicide Squad fast-tracking not only a sequel but spin-offs for Harley Quinn and Deadshot.
>>
>>77905637
>Have connections, kiss a lot of ass, suck some dick... you know, the usual.
lol. the first part is difficult. the second one comes natural to anyone who has ever worked in corporate offices. i refuse to do the final one, though.

i've actually worked in tv and for Disney, but in a very minor fashion - pa work. however, i did some rewrites on a Lucasfilm/Disney/Univision co-production i'm hoping will open some doors soon.
>>
>>77905803
Do Snyder & Co. accept the criticisms of BvS or do they just think it's a case of the audience 'not getting it'.
>>
>>77905803

Has Benedict Cumberbatch ever been approached for a role?
>>
File: Cassandra_Cain_Batgirl_0021.jpg (238KB, 1280x1167px) Image search: [Google]
Cassandra_Cain_Batgirl_0021.jpg
238KB, 1280x1167px
>>77904745
>Barbara Gordon as Oracle. No plans for Batgirl.

That's cool, because that when DC does plan on introducing Batgirl into the DCEU, the chances of her being Cassandra Cain have increased.
>>
File: joaquin claus.jpg (145KB, 785x1181px) Image search: [Google]
joaquin claus.jpg
145KB, 785x1181px
>>77905399
>He's directing a war movie next
pls be real
>>
Go to bed Jesse
>>
>>77905803
>Well, it's a rather expensive movie, so anything short of $1 billion is severly underperforming.
lmao it is not going to make a billion

You blew your wad with BvS, the novelty is gone
>>
>>77905803
>Write specs, make sure they're good, and make an effort to sell them. Unless you're real lucky, you'll have to start from the bottom, with low-budget movies, probably doctor a bunch of scripts with no credit, hone in your craft, before someone takes a chance on you. Then pray that it pays off.
thanks for the advice, OP. that's the general route i'm taking. i've done some tv prod work and script doctoring/rewrites with no credit and currently hopping on a low budget indie production. also writing a novel in the meantime. anyways, thanks for all the info you've dropped, in case no one has done so already.
>>
How's the Shazam movie going? Any hint on how it's going to unfold? Is Captain Marvel going to make a appearance in another movie before his own?
>>
>>77905649
Well, I got some personal stake in Justice League. Otherwise I'm pretty hyped for Aquaman and Shazam.

My all-time favorite? Tough call. I'm gonna say Saving Private Ryan 'cause I'm cliche.

I've met Jon Berg sometimes. Dude's great.

>>77905652
Sinergy. Barry is the Flash everyone knows nowadays.

Plus, as a comic reader, I'll have to disagree with you on that last point, TV's Barry is hardly like Wally at all.

>>77905918
Mostly the latter.

>>77905926
Not that I know of.

>>77906121
It's going slowly. New Line is overseeing the project rather than WB directly, so it's somewhat insulated from the rest of the DCEU, and is mostly standalone. No plans for Captain Marvel showing up in other movies.

As far as the plot goes, all I know is that Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam will be a pivotal character (surprising no one) and will be an anti-hero rather than an outright villain. So there probably will be a bigger threat that'll require Captain Marvel and him to join forces in the end.
>>
>>77906224

Heard anything about any other superheros joining in Justice League 2?
>>
>>77906224
op gotta say this is a very good ama, you dont get flustered, you answer well and youre not afraid to say when you dont know

thanks this was fun
>>
>>77906224

Was there ever any truth to Bryan Cranston as Lex Luther in the early days of BvS?
>>
>>77906224
>Mostly the latter.
thank fuck
Justice League = Kino confirmed
>>
>>77901370
What's the attitude towards Marvel like at WB? Is there any resentment or is it mostly quiet respect for the way they've handled their business? How did Ayer's "fuck Marvel" comment go down?
>>
>>77903096
>team movies with an aesthetic/soundtrack appealing to international young audiences and focus on humor and action

So Marvel schlock, right.

Why do I doubt OP has anything to do with DC and merely wants attention?
>>
>>77906543

Add to that any ideas who they will cast as green lantern?
>>
>>77906224
Is John Cena going to play Shazam? If not, will you please do your best to make it happen?
>>
>>77906633
Is it Armie Hammer? I would (s)cream
>>
>>77904787
Is Wonder Woman appearing in The Batman?
>>
>>77901370
How much power does Geoff Johns really have?
>>
>>77906352
Not yet.

>>77906543
He was mentioned a lot, but no formal offer was made as far as I know.

>>77906568
It varies. A lot of people respect Marvel for what they pulled off and some even recognize it probably paved the way for the DCEU to be as it is. Others are saltier and believe Marvel isn't as good as the DCEU and shouldn't be getting as much as praise as it does, but honestly it being a professional environment folks tend to be more level-headed.

Ayer's comment went down pretty badly, since Snyder had already made some disparaging comments about Marvel earlier that WB felt cost BvS some goodwill. So much Ayer apologized almost immediately on twitter.

>>77906633
Not yet. But I guess Armie Hammer is a possibility, as this >>77906760 said.

>>77906690
No. Wish I could make it happen, though.

>>77906971
Not that I know of. It's supposed to be a generally standalone Batman using only Batman lore.

>>77907005
Not as much as WB made it out to be. He's a producer and makes suggestions regarding to casting, in addition to doing work on the scripts, but Berg is the one that really calls the shots when it comes to mapping out the convergences between movies, talking to directors and actors and laying out schedules.
>>
>>77907112

Berg?
>>
>>77907112

Can you comment on the discussions with George Miller possibly doing man of steel 2? did anything ever come of those talks?
>>
File: enough.jpg (8KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
8KB, 316x202px
Why do you faggots fall for this b8
every.
goddamn.
time.
REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>77907112
Are Guy and Kyle going to be paid any attention to in GLC?
>>
>>77907112
Will it be that Steppenwolf is the big bad in jl and Darkseid wont come in until the end/jl2?
>>
>>77907112
Are the Warchowski Brothers, going to do a Matrix sequel and if you had to put a price in the matrix franchise, how much would WB sell it for?
>>
>>77901370
Have you ever talked to Zack himself? He's adorable. Does he have any quirks? Is he as good at convincing people as the rumors say?
>>
>>77901370
Is there any truth to this?

>>88816080
>>
>>77907112
>It varies. A lot of people respect Marvel for what they pulled off and some even recognize it probably paved the way for the DCEU to be as it is. Others are saltier and believe Marvel isn't as good as the DCEU and shouldn't be getting as much as praise as it does, but honestly it being a professional environment folks tend to be more level-headed.
I don't know if it's because of your position or if you're just making this up, but I know at least one person who worked on JL who hated Snyder and everything WB. She was fairly low-level, but she also wasn't aware of that internet open letter from a supposed former employee that slagged them off, despite the fact that what she said pretty much directly mirrored it
As far as I could tell, there are a LOT of employees at WB who dislike their direction and want them to be more like Marvel

(she was such a marvel fangirl, I was so pissed. I was just wondering why she didn't quit if she hated them so much)
>>
>>77907522
>Warchowski Brothers
*Wachowski sisters anon
come on, we're being progressive and tolerant afterall - even if they are mentally ill hacks
>>
>>77907649
>why she didn't quit if she hated them so much

because it's a job
>>
>>77907640
>>>/co/88816080
>>
>>77907112
Will it be revealed that Snyders Watchmen is directly related to mos, bvs, jl, and the rest as Dr Manhattan has created his own new reality as its god (DC) and created avatars of himself and people that meant a lot to him in his own reality serving as important family members of influential heroes in DC? Nite Owls avatar is Aquamans brother. Comedians avatar is Batmans father. Dr Manhattans own avatar is Flashs father. If this isnt the plan you should write this down and slip it under Snyders door
>>
>>77907112
Do you know which Batman characters (Catwoman, Nightwing, etc.) are going to appear in The Batman?
>>
What was the reaction to Wonder Woman being removed as a mascot for the United Nations?
>>
>>77907706
No, they're brothers. If they desire Jamal and Tyrone's dick up their ass that's on them, but brothers they were born and brothers their blood says they are. Anything else is bullshit.
>>
>>77907275
Jon Berg.

>>77907320
That was never a thing, sorry.

>>77907413
They might appear, but the focus is on Hal and John.

>>77907482
Yeah, that's the idea.

>>77907522
The Wachowskis got a pretty bad string of flops lately, and WB is not particularly interested in reviving The Matrix franchise, so...

As for a price, man, I wouldn't know. It's been a while since it fell off of the public eye, but it was a real phenomenon. When you thrown in the merchandising profits into that mix, I genuinely don't know how much that'd be worth for a sell.

>>77907631
Once or twice. He's a high-energy dude and pretty sympathetic, and although I have never seen it, yeah, people say he's great at pitching concepts and getting people hyped for his ideas.

>>77907649
Upper management is pretty level-headed, staff is more of a melting pot. A lot of people in the lower levels actually don't like what Snyder is doing, and a lot of people get bothered by the studio's micromanaging. I have friends who worked in Suicide Squad and they were pissed by how the movie turned out.
>>
>>77907968
Well that's a relief. Price can always be sorted out later but as long as the Warchowski Brothers is out permanently then I'm happy. They've messed things up enough as it is with this furry pretend I am an airplane, bullshit.
>>
>>77907770
I kinda' doubt that, man.

>>77907792
It's pretty early on, so the only ones set in stone would be Batman himself, Alfred, Gordon and Barbara. The Joker is a foregone conclusion, but they haven't met with Leto yet for it. And Deathstroke, obviously.

>>77907843
Lot of people found it funny. The PR folks were a little ticket off since it was a PR move that they had devoted quite a bit of time to.
>>
>>77901370

What was the darker version of Suicide Squad like? Was Harley Quinn always as annoying and slutty as she was in the actual movie?
>>
>>77907770
>>77908151
Im not sure if youre aware, but watchmen is officially in dc comics continuity now. You dont think theres any chance of them reflecting this new connection in the dceu?
>>
>>77901370
Any more info you can give on Shazam? Are they following Geoff Johns’s version?

How’re S.C.O.O.B. and the HB movies going?
>>
>>77907968
Is the new Batman movie Going to be about him actually being a detective, like in the comics when Jim Aparo did the art? Those were the days. Batman played the roll of Sherlock Holmes and even when he had to lay the smack down on some blokes, He immediately went back into analyzer mode.

>>77908151
Yeah, what this guy here said>>77908165, any word on what really made Suicide Squad darker? Maybe the darker version would have failed, i don't know but, were the folks who were pissed about the changes, okay with the lighter version or down with the darker version?
>>
Is Lex gonna be in Justice League? And for how long? Is Jesse as much of a cute irl as he is in the movies?
>>
>>77908065
>They've messed things up enough as it is with this furry pretend I am an airplane, bullshit.
wut? oh Jupiter Ascending. yeah, that rather sucked. great overall concept, though, and pretty damn good production values, but you can't beat a bad screenplay and awful casting. don't count them out just yet, though. they can always focus their efforts on something like, say, an Asimov story or old SF and churn out something stellar.
>>
>>77908297
lol. nerd alert.
here's when you realize the majority of WB/DC employees don't read the comics or pay them much mind.

>>77908316
didn't Affleck just come out and say there was no script yet? i would absolutely love that a more detective Batman were the case, but with Snyder and Johns producing, i highly doubt that's the route they'll go.
>>
Did they really reign in Snyder after the BvS reception? Since you say Berg seems to be the real guy in charge now what's he like? Will he actually listen to people like Geoff Johns or does he agree with Snyder's vision?
>>
>>77907968

Is warner bros going to try and buy james bond when the rights go up for sale? and if they do would Nolan direct it?
>>
>>77908417
Their genius was the result of their balls producing a tonne of male drive, without it, they're even worse off than a woman would be in their shoes.

>>77908511
They really need to give us a DETECTIVE Comic. I loved Bruce kicking ass and taking names in BVS but i really want him to use his intellect for achange.
>>
Why doesn't DC just do a straight forward Batman tv show on a lower budget? The Batman concept is a solid draw and it can easily surpass Walking Dead and GoT if it's good.
>>
What are plans for Booster Gold?

Also those Vertigo movies like Sandman and 100 bullets that were announced.

Is that Scalped WGN show happening?
>>
>>77901707
>Suicide Squad was a smash hit reassured them they struck a solid formula.
>smash hit
>made less than BvS
>>
Was there any effort made yet to make Metropolis and Gotham City feel like 2 different places?
>>
You working on anything outside of the DCEU?
>>
Does WB actually realise that an industry crash is imminent?
>>
>>77906224
>So there probably will be a bigger threat that'll require Captain Marvel and him to join forces in the end.

there's cum everywhere
EVERYWHERE
>>
>>77901370
Why did they make Cyborg a member of the Justice League? Yes I know that since the New 52 he has been established as a founding member but I feel the general audience (who WB and DC are trying to attract) would be more aware of him as a Teen Titan (mostly due to the Teen Titans cartoon and Teen Titans GO!).
>>
>>77908165
Mostly just Joker stuff, the whole abusive aspect to the relationship that got cut. Plus the movie was supposed to have an original score that was almost entirely replaced by licensed music, which also impacted the tone of some of the scenes. But contrary to popular belief Ayer's original cut wasn't all that dark.

>>77908314
Johns's isn't all that involved in it. I don't know much otherwise.

>>77908316
I believe that's the intent, a nice mixture of action Batman and detective Batman.

>>77908374
Yes, minor role. Never met Eisenberg, though.

>>77908564
Yes, they've reigned him in, in the sense they want cut-and-dry storytelling with dreams and visions, and more humor. But Snyder still enjoys a lot of freedom in terms of content and tone, and WB actually supports his vision of things. Berg is included, he mostly likes Snyder's approach although he's taken the bigger criticisms to heart and made an effort alongside Johns to address them.

>>77908786
WB still subscribes to that old mentality that the real money is in the movies, and they'll never compromise the worth of a big character like Batman by wasting it on TV.

>>77908971
Well, they've got different aesthetics in BvS alone, it's just that Snyder has a more grounded approach to it that doesn't allow for the futuristic Metropolis and overtly gothic Gotham of some versions.

>>77908880
Booster Gold is still in the works. Greg Berlanti, who also handles the TV shows, is producing it and wants to direct, but he's got attached to a Little Shop of Horrors remake, so Booster Gold is probably taking a backseat for now. Berlanti is passionate about it and so is Johns, but it's lower on the priority list and if it ever happens, it'll probably be on a considerably lower budget.

Sandman is pretty much dead, 100 Bullets is still in development with Tom Hardy attached.

I don't know about Scalped, but I assume it is.

>>77909014
Everyone fears a crash, but nobody is expecting it very soon.
>>
>>77909452
I like you OP, thanks for the thread. Despite the vocal naysayers, most people here prefer the DCEU to Marvel's kiddie show.
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 800x1254px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 800x1254px
Will Ezra Miller get his ass out at all in The Flash? I bet it's 10/10 now that he's getting thicc.
>>
>>77901370
Is WB looking to cast Matt Damon as Guy Gardner?
>>
>>77909452

>But contrary to popular belief Ayer's original cut wasn't all that dark.

But still dark right?
>>
>>77901370
Why does WB keep messing around with their films in the editing room?
>>
>>77909452
>Greg Berlanti
I really hope he doesn't get involved with Booster Gold or with ANYTHING else.

Any idea who the “big bad” will be in Shazam?
>>
>>77909452
>they'll never compromise the worth of a big character like Batman by wasting it on TV.
Yeah, it's not like Adam West prevented the book's cancellation or anything
>>
>>77901370
Any plans for Static Shock or Batman Beyond?
>>
>>77909594
I think you mean Sean Astin or Mark Wahlberg
>>
>>77909452
>Snyder still enjoys a lot of freedom in terms of content and tone, and WB actually supports his vision of things. Berg is included, he mostly likes Snyder's approach
Then the DCEU is doomed.

So much for Geoff Johns saving us and giving us an actual proper version of the characters and world.
>>
How much is the full budget for JL, production + advertising?
>>
>>77909452
>his vision of things
So, hamfisted everything where if it isn't allegorical it's just no good, then
>>
>>77909679
It didn't, and it nearly ruined the character forever, after the work Julie Schwartz and Carmine Infantino. Thank god for Denny O’Neill and Neal Adams.
>>
So you're talked about how Johns isn't really in charge like some people have led us to believe. Does he have any real power, to say overrule Snyder on a character decision? Is it true that the only reason we got Superman on Supergirl is because of him?

What happens is JL tanks (both critically and financially) I know you said you worked on it so you have a personal stake but what if it's another HUGE critical flop and doesn't even make say 800 million world wide. What does WB do then?
>>
Are there any plans for THE QUESTION or Tommy "Hitman" monoghan getting adapted into live action?

Also what is the mystery show that Johns teased today for an imminent announcement?
>>
>>77909729
>I NEED MUH NUMBERS SO I CAN GLOAT ABOUT FLOPS THE DAY AFTER THE PREMIERE

go fuck yourself you retard
>>
>>77903427
>just average
>not terrible

shill detected.
>>
>>77909804
>Tommy "Hitman" monoghan getting adapted into live action
>pls can we get Edgy Sue pls pls pls everyone will love him like I do

>>77909893
>it's not my opinion, must be a shill!
>>>/v/
stay there this time
>>
>>77909792
>and it nearly ruined the character forever, after the work Julie Schwartz and Carmine Infantino
Stop pulling stuff out of your ass as fact, Mr. "I'm 20 but I'm totes a comic book historian."
>>
>>77903896
>No Matt Ryan
piss off m8
>>
>>77909862

I just want to know how much a major studio is willing to spend on advertising a film.

You are the retard, for thinking that gloating about something that doesn't affect my life one bit on a Sri Lankan condom repairing board, will somehow make me cuck you and make your life miserable.

Now check my digits, you ass!
>>
>>77901370
Will wonder woman be acclaimed by critics? Or get mauled like bvs and squad
>>
any plans for the question to be adapted?

Also whats with the JSA stuff?
>>
No one needs to read these OP lies
>>
How much does Wonder Woman have to make to be considered a success?
>>
Any plans to have Tom Welling make a cameo in one of the movies or is that kind of cameo something that's restricted to the TV shows?
>>
>>77901707
>Money is where the concerns are at, critical reception is a distant second.

This. Exactly this. It's like they fucking forgot the 90's....again.
>>
Hey OP, ever meet Henry Cavill? What's he like?

Any news on Man of Steel 2?
>>
>>77910110
>Sri Lankan condom repairing board
You deserved repeating digits for this retort
>>
>>77910663
Except if the movies keep being shit the money will stop coming in.
>inb4 Transformers
At least those are mindless action entertainment. The DCEU so far (or at least both of Snyder's movies) have been boring, dull, un-fun chores to watch. Plus the Transformers only have one movie every few years. The DCEU is going have have 2-3 a year perpetually.

People won't keep going to see trash that often.
>>
>>77904745
Wtf are you talking about? Shane Black is developing a Doc Savage movie starring Dwayne Johnson.
>>
Is Zack Snyder a Trump supporter? Seeing as how BvS is the Donald Trump of superhero movies after all...
>>
>>77901370
Yo, is Justice League the action packed blockbuster it needs to be?

What's Big Ben's role as Producer really like?

Have you met him?
>>
>>77901370
What's your job there, and how much do you enjoy it?
>>
>>77901370

Where did you go?
>>
>>77901370
Will we ever get superhero movies with actual directors who have creative control, like Nolan?

Or are they just going to be perpetually shilled out by studio executives until nobody eventually gives a fuck about them anymore?

Superman was a cultural icon up until Man of Steel shit up theaters.
Even my fuckin grandma who just watches the news and knits all day knows about Superman, why did they have to ruin that?
>>
Why haven't you casted Idris Elba in anything?
>>
Sorry, guys. Something came up, I gotta' go.
>>
>>77901890
>>77901707
>Execs like Zack

hell YEAH
>>
>>77912806
COME BACK PLS
>>
File: 1456318972985.jpg (10KB, 226x255px) Image search: [Google]
1456318972985.jpg
10KB, 226x255px
>>77912806
ie You ran out of bullshit to lie about
>>
>>77913639
More like WB is sending their hit squad to get him.
>>
>>77901890
>Suicide Squad, which had quite a few jokes, was a box office hit
lmao

This is how you know this guy is legit he's completely out of touch
>>
>>77907376
It's real.
>>
>>77914975
All of it.
>>
>>77915026
So you ARE the Han Solo who fought with the Rebellion.
>>
>>77912806
>when Snyder catches you posting on 4chan and challenges you to a boxing match as recompense
>>
>>77914642

top kekkk
>>
how can I get a job? Studied film at a top school
>>
>>77916132
>Studied film
there goes your chance bud
>>
>>77916132
Step 1: be Jewish
>>
How bored do you have to be to lie to a bunch of retards on a Singaporean Cotton Picking Forum for many hours?
>>
Do you know anything about the Earth One line, or when Multiversity Too will drop?
>>
>>77901707
>He's pretty short, but is buff.

4u
Thread posts: 228
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.