[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>friends and i are planning a trip to see every country in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: andes.jpg (265KB, 700x380px) Image search: [Google]
andes.jpg
265KB, 700x380px
>friends and i are planning a trip to see every country in the world
>it would be like a 2-3 year trip, just a complete hiatus from normal life to see everything
Any tips or advice to give me, /trv/?
>>
Great plan. How will you do a few of the really dangerous or hard to enter ones?

>syria
>congo
>equatorial guinea
>saudi arabia
>>
>>1298405
not op but Syria is ok if just Damascus, the other 3 are so easy that I'm not even going to comment. The main difficulty I see would be Yemen. For North Korea and Bhutan you'd just need money.

>>1298402
But to the point: stupid idea.
You'd end up doing a lot to do nothing in the end. 2 years to see "every country" would give you roughly 3,5 days in each of them. It'd be a shame to waste so much travelling time on that. Besides it's been done before countless times and will not impress anyone, you won't be a "seasoned traveler", just someone with the means to finance such a trip.
My recommendation is to be more inventive and set some more challenging and interesting goals if you're really going to travel for 2 years and appear to have some finances for this.
>>
>>1298405
Yeah, we've taken that into account. We're gonna try to tie it so during the waiting to get cleared to enter them, we're gonna do others.
>>
>>1298409
Op here and I can see your point. We want to do this and have the finances. If we wanted, we could postpone it so we could spend longer if we needed. The plan is also to spend much less time in certain countries so we could have more in others.
>>
>>1298405
Saudi Arabia isn't that bad as long as you don't fuck up and not a woman
>>
whenever I read "visit every country" types' ME/africa trip reports where they fly in to a country, taxi to hotel, and then short town taxi tour next day on the way to the airport I always think they're absolute clowns.

like that you'll miss most of what such countries offer and it's a shame because most of them are quite safe
>>
>>1298409
>>1298429
>Saudi Arabia
>easy
You clearly haven't done your 10 seconds of research in google.
>>
>>1298481
I live in Saudi Arabia
>>
>>1298495
It can be a difficult country to get entrance too. Of course, it's not a dangerous one if you behave.
>>
>>1298429

Enjoy getting a visa for it though
>>
>>1298402
Good luck with North Korea;
If you're American the self righteous US gov has fucked your plans over.
>>
How will you do Venezuela? That place is a no-go zone for at least a few years.
>>
>>1298402
>>friends and i are planning a trip to see every country in the world
(3 * 365 / 195) + 1
2020 is a leap year
195 current offical countries

Is roughly 5 days per country.
The costs will be interesting. Please provide current savings.
>>
>>1298692
High-traffic buses between major cities are cheap. Hostels in major cities can be cheap if you rough it. Some countries cover a large ground, namely Russia, USA, Australia, Brazil, India and China.

Other than the civil war countries in Africa, I think Oceania will be the major issue.
>>
>>1298956
>>1298692
k, lets say you have the 5 days of my calculation. In dense areas like europe you won't need them since you can pass smaller countries like andora or monaco.

Still what is the detailed plan? Do you use planes? is so Oceania shouldn't be a prob.
How many cities per country?

195 * hostels on an average of 15$ per day spread over 3y is already 16k. No food, no transport, no visas.

So again what is the detailed budget?
>>
>>1298402
More details on your budget and honestly let's be realistic here. That's not enough time if you want to "really" see what a country has to offer. You are going to need more time, otherwise you are going to miss out on so much. Also you have to factor in the fact that at some point you are going to get burnt out! Traveling is amazing and exciting, but also very tiring. Lack of proper sleep, rest, or even just time to be alone or think for a second is going to take its toll on you. Eventually you are going to crash and want to stay in one place and rest. To do this trip properly and get the full experience of the world I would recommend 4-5 years.
>>
This is a terrible idea, as much as it pains me to say. You're going to have a few days at most in each country, and you're going to find that constantly running country to country through planes, buses, and trains is going to be exhausting. If you do it, then good for you. But I think there are better ways to spend 2-3 years. Maybe pick fewer countries that have more to offer. Then you can spend more time in those countries, which will allow you more time to decompress between trips.
>>
>>1299027
>>1298988
>>1299022
>>1299027

Still, I wanna know OP's plans. What if the goal is really to hit up every country, just for the sole reason to set foot on every country once. Like the run on the book "in 80 days around the world"

Until now OP has not given much details. 3y, 2 persons and I assume 195 countries. Need to know budget and preferred means of transportation!
>>
>>1299027
Not a terrible idea it just needs to be planned out better and the amount of time needs to be extended. 3 years to visit every country with only a few days to spent in between them. It's going to absolutely exhausting and they will eventually get burnt out. Just think about the amount time that is going to spent inside planes, buses, trains,........etc going to and from the airport. Train stations. Also lots of time must spent on finding accommodation and a place to eat etc........
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.